Random annoying noises from Front Audio Jack

Mew

I have a Asus Xonar DG in an Antec 900. Whenever I connect my headphones or earphones to the front audio jack, there is a annoying buzzing noise. This is driving me nuts whenever I have my headphones on, I've looked the issue up on google, and most people that have the case with this issue say it's a grounding issue. Is there any way of alleviating this issue?

Make sure that you have connected the front audio jack with your sound card correctly. Then try to have a clear path for the cable, meaning that you should try to avoid having the cable passing close to your PSU, video card or any cables delivering power to either the CPU or the graphics card. If this doesn't help make sure that your case is properly grounded via the power supply.

If these don't help the easiest way to solve this is to get a simple 1 meter extension cable for the 3.5 mm jack and run on the back of the computer right into your sound card.

I think it's to do with the power running via the USB cables which end up next to the front panel audio and this create interference with the audio signal. You can try disconnecting the front panel USB header from your motherboard to confirm that's the problem. If that's the case, then I guess you'll have to compromise between having the buzzing noise or no front panel USB ports.

It sounds like you have a interference issue. It's probably something to do with the other components in your motherboard. Also, you might have the headphone power set too high or the SVN on. The SVN setting caused buzzing in my headphones.

I have experienced that problem before with my laptop. What it sounded like to me was some electrical feed back. That could be coming from any cables that are running by, because when power travels down a wire it creates a small magnetic field that could be causing some of that data that is traveling down the audio cable to change.

It could also be the headphones, there could be a defect in the drivers or another part of the headphones.

Try plugging the headphones into the back of the sound card to see if you are still having the same problem. If so try another pair of headphones. If the sound is still there it maybe the sound card itself.

had the same problem, front I/O is grounded, which is the most stupid case manufacturing fail I have ever seen... theres really no way to get the front sound to work properly...

just get an extension cable and hook it up to the back I/O

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

It's an issue with the ground. You could get rid of the problem with a ground look isolator, or get a soundcard that will isolate itself from the rest of your machine. A USB soundcard would probably

I've had the same problem with many cheap cases. It seemed to be interference with the USB ports, I don't think it's worth it trying to get rid of the noises. Anyway, I don't recommend plugging speakers or headphones in the front audio jack. Always plug them directly into the motherboard in the back of the case or the sound card, you'll have better audio this way.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

As mentioned probably a 50Hz ground loop issue. If you're game and know what you're doing you can probably resurrect the issue but otherwise just avoid those ports. If the case is still in warranty you may be able to take it back saying the port is defective because frankly it is.

If you plugging headphones or anything in you should always use the sound ports that are on the motherboard or if you have a sound card you should be using the ports on those.

• 1 year later...

edit: how in the hell did my post end up here? stupid tapatalk

Its the case issue. Motherboard plugin or another soundcard will help you. Avoid front case jacks ! They are always have this sh.t! I had it with every desktop .

• 4 months later...

What the actual Fuck how did my post end up here

post-1173-0-44267800-1416774708_thumb.jp

post-1173-0-79024900-1416776058_thumb.jp

post-1173-0-36838000-1416776331_thumb.jp

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

kachow

i am visiting a relic.

• 6 years later...

damn, so this is the oldest post on this forum?