looking to buy the best gaming headset

ygarti

Hi Guys

i want to buy the best gaming headset there is available money is not an issue (this doesn't mean that i want one that have diamonds and gold in it :) )

most of the games that i playing are FPS (currently i am playing payday 2) and i need a good headset 

i don't have an audio card and my mother board is ASUS maximus vi hero

so please give me your suggestion of what is the best headset there is available for purchasing

Thanks alot

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Audiophile headphones + mod mic

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

wow that's a lot of choices thanks people

the modmic looks cool (i didn't know that there is something like that)

what do you think about buying a headset with active cancellation and 7.1 or 5.1 ?

If you're serious about getting every tiny bit of positional audio you can get, you need a something like AKG Q701s, not something that has the words "7.1" or "5.1" in them. And of course, modmic if you want the mic. Personally I prefer headphones + standalone microphone like the Blue Yeti. Makes me feel pro.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

wow that's a lot of choices thanks people

the modmic looks cool (i didn't know that there is something like that)

what do you think about buying a headset with active cancellation and 7.1 or 5.1 ?

A quality closed can design should be enough to cancel out standard ambient noise. With a low level of music/in game sound playing through my DT 770's, I can have someone standing next to me and not be able to hear their voice. I don't think active noise cancellation is really necessary unless you're gaming in an excessively loud environment. 

I've always felt that 7.1/5.1 were gimmicks when it comes to gaming. you can have the same experience with stereo headsets due to the emulated surround sound incorporated into nearly every game's audio engine today. I don't know of a game that doesn't have said feature. though i'm sure there are some. more drivers = smaller drivers or larger cans. a larger driver will give you much more rich sound, and having a more flat soundstage will allow you to tune the audio to your liking.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

If you are really serious about audio I wouldn't buy a headset and I suggest you read the audio FAQ.

Also if money really isn't an issue HE-500's or LCD-2's with a good headphone amp/DAC and something like a blue snowflake or mod-mic would pretty much be the ultimate setup.

If you are really serious about audio I wouldn't buy a headset and I suggest you read the audio FAQ.

Also if money really isn't an issue HE-500's or LCD-2's with a good headphone amp/DAC and something like a blue snowflake or mod-mic would pretty much be the ultimate setup.

But muh HD800 soundstage

HD800s also have very good imaging, not just the soundstage. But they're far from "noise isolating" though. They're also 1k+. That's prohibitively expensive even for some of the most serious gamers. Depending on the game, the problem would be with the sound engine of the game. You can have the best imaging, but if the engine is dumb, you'll have a hard time locating footsteps.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Want the absolute best headset for FPS Games?

Get this:

Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones

This paired with a good sound card tuned with the right settings will blow any setup away.

Pro's:

BEST Positional Audio for FPS Games

Lightweight

Very Comfortable

Audiophile Quality

Con's:

Kinda Pricey

No Mic

Somethings to note, can be a pro/con.

It's Open-Air, meaning it will sound better but you will be trading off noise isolation.

Lacks HEAVY Bass

Recommended Mic(s):

Zalman $7.56

Mod Mic $49.95

EDIT: Some sound cards you may want to consider.

-90-YAA060-1UAN00Z/dp/B00198DM2K'>Xonar DX $84.68

Xonar Essence STX $179.99

MMX 300. I am a sennheiser fan-boy but that 300 is my new favorite headset.

Yep I own a custom one and its really really good.

If you want a bonkers high suggestion, then get an HD800 with an amp to match.

If you want something more attainable, the AD500X/700X or the AKG K701/2 or the HD518/558.

All suggestions paired with a modmic for that headset feel.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

I "grew out" of these gaming headsets a while ago - You get the quality of a £35 set of earphones with triple the price tag. Meanwhile, you could spend that triple and you could buy yourself a "proper" pair of headphones. I made a mistake crawling back to gaming headphones and with that money, I could've bought myself a nice set of cans that I could've used on my phone so I can listen to Slayer on the go.

Buy yourself some Audio Technikas and don't look back. Then again, I do like Sennheiser. This is the problem with training yourself to become an audiophile; you become indecisive but eventually I will know my 40mm drivers from my mid-ranges.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com