Next Tomb Raider game to be Xbox One exclusive. UPDATE : IT'S A TIMED EXCLUSIVE. HURAAY!

Nineshadow

Yeah, I've already tweeted both Square and Crystal Dynamics my disappointment in this announcement.  Everybody needs to make it known to Square-Enix and Crystal Dynamics how stupid this decision was.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

It's Square Enix that decides about exclusivity so they are to blame, not Microsoft. Probably just a timed exclusive as Square Enix complained last year that it was too expensive to make Tomb Raider so I guess they are looking at Microsoft to fund a part of it.  

This is fucked up. TR was one fo my favorite games from last year, and now (at least for a short while), they're going to give up millions in revenue so Microsoft can have an exclusive that doesn't suck. Even if they did work out some deal to even it out, why screw over so many fans? They think that 100% of the people interested, but not able to play are still going to buy it 6 months later? Please, don't turn into Ubisoft and start doing dumb shit every single time you show your face.

WAY TO GO, SQUARE ENIX!

TEN POINTS FOR YOU

Welp, that's a shame. I really liked the previous one. 

Enjoy your 729p exclusive fuckers

*900p Kappa

This exclusive shit is annoying. PC exclusives are okay because everyone has one. Not a capable one, but everyone has a PC. NOT EVERYONE HAS A CONSOLE. Even though it's a timed exclusive, it is bull shit.

Everyone has a pc, but a lot don't have capable pcs...

MS can go fuck themselves, or Square can for accepting money. 

And guess what? Money talks in the business world. Square obviously got a hell of a lot more from MS than they did from Sony if this is a timed exclusive. Or a full on exclusive. 

Hell, knowing MS I can see them making it a PC/Xbox release only and telling Sony to pound sand. 

Its not like MS or Sony are saints, one just has a lot more money to throw around to do this shit. Best fucking believe that if Sony wasn't hurting as a company, they'd do this more often. 

If this would of happened before the steam sale, I would've never bought Tomb Raider. Oh well. :(

Case: Corsair 500R (BitFenix Spectre Pro LED Green) -  CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2 -  Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming -  GPUs: Asus Strix GTX 970  -  RAM: Kingston Black - 8GB 2133 -  PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750G 750W -  Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3  -  HDDs: OCZ Vector 150 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Green 500GB -  Monitor: Acer B246HYL ymdpr 23.8 IPS  -  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical -  Audio: Sennheiser HD 600 - Magni 2/ Modi 2

Need I remind the publisher of what happened to Crytek when they decided to abandon PC gamers and focus almost exclusively console?

(Yes, I am aware Crysis 2 came on PC, albeit without DX11 and high res textures on launch, effectively being 'worse' than Crysis 1 in some ways, related to tech.)

SE isn't abandoning PC, they've always been more console centered.

Only a small handful of their games have been for pc.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

SE isn't abandoning PC, they've always been more console centered.

Only a small handful of their games have been for pc.

Let's hope all goes well.

Reality: things don't go well.

get your shit together SE.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

COnsole exclusive, doesn't necessarilly mean, that PC won't get it at the same time. It usually just mean, it's exclusive on the consoles.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I have never felt so betrayed by a gaming company ever.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

These shitty consoles need to be killed at all!

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

If there's no pc version, for a title that's always been cross platform. This is my reaction, sorry for being rude, I'm so Angry after seeing those news. Most of them state there will most likely be no pc version, or even ps4. 
10602687_838625346171929_665690984_n.jpg

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Almost definitely a timed exclusive if it has to be an exclusive, but damn that's lame if true.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Exclusives are OK if they are being made by 1st Party studios. Studios that the companies actually own such as Micrsoft Studios (Microsoft), Naughty Dog (Sony), Game Freak (Nintendo) etc. That is fine since those studios from the start are creating games for just a single system. But what is not fine is big companies out-right buying exclusivity rights (Lets assume for now its not just a timed exclusive).

The companies may think they are making a quick buck but by denying your fans access to your series you are doing HUGE damage to your reputation, fans who may simply choose to never buy your games again. This is not the same as with Nintendo and Bayonetta 2 since they only funded it since no other company would, with Tomb Raider (A well established franchise) funding was no issue.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Yeah I'm fine with first pary exclusives, but this crap where ms throws money at a studio not to release a game on other platforms is disgusting. Does nothing but screws over people that would have otherwise bought your game.

Not on pc = for what concerns me the game doesn't exist (unless it's a mario game, in that case I find it understandable that in-house developed titles are exclusive of their platform). If they want my money, they'll release it on pc, if they don't fine. THEY need ME to buy their stuff, not the opposite.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Best-Reaction-Memes-Microsoft-Xbox-One-4

Not on pc = for what concerns me the game doesn't exist (unless it's a mario game, in that case I find it understandable that in-house developed titles are exclusive of their platform). If they want my money, they'll release it on pc, if they don't fine. THEY need ME to buy their stuff, not the opposite.

That's the attitude we need to start adopting, if a game is not on PC, it doesn't exist.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I was actually looking forward to playing this but they can all go and fuck themselves now, I'm never going to buy a console doesn't matter what exclusives they get. Stop trying to make xbox one happen, it's not gonna happen!

This is sad news, especially with Microsoft constantly advising they're behind PC gaming. Why not release the game on PC and Xbox One? as a Microsoft exclusive title? 

Same thing with the Halo Series, if I was CEO of Microsoft I would release it across as many of my branded platforms as possible to maximise sales and eventually profits. 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

I have nothing against new Franchises becoming exclusives. Its a good way to differentiate the consoles. But an existing franchise that has already been on multiple platform becoming an exclusive is completely wrong. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth of fans (It also shows Microsoft's commitment to pc gaming is half arsed as ever but thats another issue) and i doubt it will actually encourage most people to purchase a console for one game. Its just going leave fans of the series feeling upset and betrayed. Bad move square Enix, chasing the big sum of money upfront instead of possible sales.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

you know now that i think about it. if there was a significant petition we could force the studio to change?

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe