Next Tomb Raider game to be Xbox One exclusive. UPDATE : IT'S A TIMED EXCLUSIVE. HURAAY!

Nineshadow

all this anti pc bullshit, im getting pretty sick of it

UPDATE

im still getting pretty sick of it, why do PC games have to suffer for people wanting to use console games?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

It's coming to Xbox 360 too.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

UPDATE : It's a timed exclusive.More details in the original post.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Just another reason I will never be purchasing anything Microsoft related again. I LAUGH at people who buy an Xbox One to go with a PC when MS pulls this kind of crap. MS is the worst thing that has ever happened to PC gaming and nothing has changed. Their underpowered console struggling on sales will cause them to be more hostile towards PC gaming, not embrace it. 

Now all of you suckers go buy an Xbox One, so you can play a re released Halo where they only touched Halo 2 as far as graphics, and Halo was originally a PC game. People who support and buy MS products have no reason to complain about their practices. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

wait its a timed exclusive again now. Fair enough microsoft didnt tell us cause they're arseholes, but what i dont get is why square or crystal didnt clarify it during the massive media backlash yesterday. These companies have the stupidest PR department ever. 

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

Hey crytek how is your console exclusive business plan working out?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Just another reason I will never be purchasing anything Microsoft related again. I LAUGH at people who buy an Xbox One to go with a PC when MS pulls this kind of crap. MS is the worst thing that has ever happened to PC gaming and nothing has changed. Their underpowered console struggling on sales will cause them to be more hostile towards PC gaming, not embrace it. 

Now all of you suckers go buy an Xbox One, so you can play a re released Halo where they only touched Halo 2 as far as graphics, and Halo was originally a PC game. People who support and buy MS products have no reason to complain about their practices. 

You are one angry child. 

MS didn't do ANYTHING except offer money, Square took that money. Square is just as guilty. 

Square failed to address this. It took MS to make a statement on their own to clarify this situation. Both parties were at fault. But this isn't the second coming of the Devil for fucks sake. 

Halo was also originally a Mac game. So....HAH. You can't even troll properly. Go back to the hole you were hiding in for the past few days, the forums been a better place without your Anti-Everything rants. 

And MS is PC gaming. PC gaming exists because MS gave a platform and a API for it to thrive on. Jesus, you hate MS on one hand, claim to be a PC master race member on the other, yet forget the very existence of gaming today is because MS continues to support its existence. 

wait its a timed exclusive again now. Fair enough microsoft didnt tell us cause they're arseholes, but what i dont get is why square or crystal didnt clarify it during the massive media backlash yesterday. These companies have the stupidest PR department ever. 

Because the loads of cash MS gave them to screw over PC gamers on their own OS, also came with a legal document that Square Enix signed. That document would include things like "don't talk about how long the exclusivity contract is". 

It could be one month, it could be 6 months. It could be a year. Seeing that the Xbox One is selling horribly and getting outsold 3 to 1 by the PS4? I am guessing the exclusive is not that long. If MS or Square announced "it is exclusive for 3-6 months and then PC/PS4 gamers can buy the game with DLC included in a "definitive edition" and play at higher resolutions and framerates" then what would be the point of the bribe?

The problem with the exclusive is the problem with most MS exclusives. They take game developers and bribe them. They usually don't create their own studios and make video gaming better and make great games and they screw over their own ecosystem (Windows) in the process. Microsoft simply needs to go away as far as gaming. All they do is make it worse for everyone, PC gamers, PS gamers, and even the Xbox gamers who will suffer due to this crap, because Playstations are selling like hotcakes and they can do the same stupid crap.

Gaming got stupider the moment MS entered the picture and it is progressively getting worse and worse with content exclusives, tiered releases. You have to be an imbecile or an ignorant child/fanboy to support MS as far as gaming at this point. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

You are one angry child. 

MS didn't do ANYTHING except offer money, Square took that money. Square is just as guilty. 

Square failed to address this. It took MS to make a statement on their own to clarify this situation. Both parties were at fault. But this isn't the second coming of the Devil for fucks sake. 

Halo was also originally a Mac game. So....HAH. You can't even troll properly. Go back to the hole you were hiding in for the past few days, the forums been a better place without your Anti-Everything rants. 

I would respond to you personally, but every time I do? You report me to mods. Instead I will inform people to simply view my profile feed and see MS propaganda policy as found in court cases, newspaper articles. Have a great day sir! 

I would respond, but every time I do? You report me to mods. Instead I will inform people to simply view my profile feed and see MS propaganda policy as found in court cases, newspaper articles. Have a great day sir! 

You get reported (by not just me, but by A LOT of people) because you descend into ad hominem attacks against others, make blanket generalizations about how people think and then call them imbeciles and fanboys for it. Thats why you get reported all the time. 

So clean up your attitude and form your responses in proper ways, you'll be more welcome here and people would actually engage on a even manner. Your replies and original posts start out hostile and derogatory, so what do you expect people to say in kind? 

Calling a game "Exclusive" when it's "Time Exclusive" should stop, just like they are now calling "Free to play" games on Android and IOS "In-app purchase"  

Anyways i'm glad they answered the question directly after being ask non stop.

You are one angry child. 

And MS is PC gaming. PC gaming exists because MS gave a platform and a API for it to thrive on. Jesus, you hate MS on one hand, claim to be a PC master race member on the other, yet forget the very existence of gaming today is because MS continues to support its exiI agree square is at fault here for accepting the money.

But could it not be seen as a type of anti-competitive practice on microsofts behalf as they seem to have done this before purely for the reason of harming the competition. 

Also MS doesnt exactly show much support for PC gaming in recent years, so i personally think heyre trying to force PC gamers into a corner to buy their console, but hey thats just my opinion

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

You get reported (by not just me, but by A LOT of people) because you descend into ad hominem attacks against others, make blanket generalizations about how people think and then call them imbeciles and fanboys for it. Thats why you get reported all the time. 

So clean up your attitude and form your responses in proper ways, you'll be more welcome here and people would actually engage on a even manner. Your replies and original posts start out hostile and derogatory, so what do you expect people to say in kind? 

My attitude? You attack and flame anyone that critiques MS or their behavior in every thread (you personally attacked me in this thread just like always). This can be easily verified by looking at the post history you have. You then report them if they call you out for doing so, or if they respond to you. Anyways. Post away. Not going to bother responding.  My profile feed shows Microsoft's history of astroturfing and manipulating people on message board forums, and paying off press, with newspaper articles, court cases etc.

Pointing out absolute corruption and ILLEGAL activity by MS to pander their crap and manipulate people is not against terms of service, and MS has been caught doing this with Internet Explorer, Xbox One and Nokia phones in the past year. 

If anything? I have the right to report you in this thread for the personal attack calling me an "angry child". Then again? I am not a child and I am not attempting to silence and get people banned who critique a company on Linus Tech Tips. Anyways have fun defending and promoting all things Microsoft. 

Your posts would make sense, if I didnt critique MS on my own. Hell, in this very thread I called out both Square and MS for this. 

I'm not some MS Astroturfer. I don't get paid by MS, regardless of what you prove with your "history of astroturfing" evidence says. My posts are pretty even handed. When MS screws up, I call it. When I don't care, I don't care. When I agree, I say it. 

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are a fanboy or a sheep or a shill or a paid employee. 

You really, really need to dial it down. There is no Academy Award for seriousness on these forums, nor is there one for constantly derailing ANY thread (which you tend to do a lot these days). 

You turned a on topic thread into a "I HATE MS MS NEEDS TO DIE MS IS THE WORST THING SINCE EVERYTHING" rant. Congrats, thats on you. 

About update 2: The way he speaks we really can't be sure if it's a timed or a complete exclusive, I mean it could be taken that he's saying that this particular game is an exclusive but the next iteration might not be.

I'm glad it is not exclusive, but this need to stop with timed exclusive. It is unfair, shady business. If this is back with the PS3 and Xbox 360, it is understandable to delay the PS3 since the architecture is different so it will take longer to develop game for it. With the PS4, PC and Xbox One, timed exclusive is a stupid practice by giving an unfair advantage to one side.

Your posts would make sense, if I didnt critique MS on my own. Hell, in this very thread I called out both Square and MS for this. 

I'm not some MS Astroturfer. I don't get paid by MS, regardless of what you prove with your "history of astroturfing" evidence says. My posts are pretty even handed. When MS screws up, I call it. When I don't care, I don't care. When I agree, I say it. 

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are a fanboy or a sheep or a shill or a paid employee. 

You really, really need to dial it down. There is no Academy Award for seriousness on these forums, nor is there one for constantly derailing ANY thread (which you tend to do a lot these days). 

You turned a on topic thread into a "I HATE MS MS NEEDS TO DIE MS IS THE WORST THING SINCE EVERYTHING" rant. Congrats, thats on you. 

Laughed at the bolded. You also routinely called me a "tin foil hat" theorist when I have many newspaper articles, court cases in my profile feed showing MS's history with illegal advertising, forum manipulation. I have a better idea. Maybe when MS does something really silly, and people critique them? Stop calling those people "angry children" and personally attacking their intellect etc. 

Also you have a post history. People can decide whether or not you are "objective" and not pro Microsoft or not. That post history speaks for itself. As far as MS and gaming? Yes I want to see MS get out of gaming. All they do is buy up PC developers/multiplatform developers and offer them bribes. 

If MS created new franchises and bred developers, and didn't screw over their own user base which literally pays a minimum of 100 dollars to even game on the PC (Windows), then I would be far less critical. MS deserves all the criticism they get from PC gamers and their history with PC gaming is flat out laughable. 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=88868188#post88868188

^ MS and PC gaming through the years. Nothing has changed. This is primarily a PC gamer site. It is LAUGHABLE to expect informed techs/PC gamers to not be critical of MS and their influence on gaming and PC Gaming in general. You are asking us to forget decades of behavior and then calling us "angry children" for critiquing the company you are "critical" of.

Want PC gamers or techs who have been around the block, and know their gaming/tech history to be less critical of MS? Have them do something to garner praise and have them stop being hostile towards their own customers who pay 100 dollars for an OS to even game on hardware that MS did not invent. 

Says the person who said this verbatim: 

You have to be an imbecile or an ignorant child/fanboy to support MS as far as gaming at this point. 

Pot meet kettle, much? Those were your words. Ad hominem, much?  You are quite angry.

Your critiques are nothing more than tin foil level conspiracies, you pander them as facts and then get mad when people don't agree. Sorry I don't see eye to eye with your view of how to discuss things. 

- angry rant -

At this point, nobody cares about what "facts" you bring up. If you cannot be professional in discussion, then you will be ignored and reported. It is as simple as that. You should not talk about somebody else's post history, when you yourself have a long history of poor behaviour on this forum. Like it or not, we have an expected level of professionalism here, and if you do not respect it, then you have absolutely no business in LTT.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Says the person who said this verbatim: 

Pot meet kettle, much? Those were your words. Ad hominem, much?  You are quite angry.

Your critiques are nothing more than tin foil level conspiracies, you pander them as facts and then get mad when people don't agree. Sorry I don't see eye to eye with your view of how to discuss things. 

Too funny. It is like you copy and paste this stuff...then again I knew it was coming.

Laughed at the bolded. You also routinely called me a "tin foil hat" theorist when I have many newspaper articles, court cases in my profile feed showing MS's history with illegal advertising, forum manipulation.

Anyways my profile feed is there. Now go post on all those newspapers, tech sites and court document sites and tell them they are "tin foil hat conspiracy theorists" as well. Facts are facts and all the facts shows that MS resorts to forum manipulation, and personal attacks to promote/defend their products. Also you failed to argue or defend MS's behavior as far as PC gaming in the past, or their history of buying up PC developers/bribes instead of making new IP's.

Since you do not want to stay on topic? I am literally done with this thread. MS's history and BS speaks for itself and so does the post history of people defending that behavior.  Anyways have fun reporting all my posts again and defending MS, while being unable to defend MS's history with PC gaming, developers, or the illegal tactics they sink to on forums, blogs and press, to defend that behavior.

You derailed this topic all on your own, congrats. You come in, shit all over the thread, then get angry when people tell you to take it elsewhere (or disagree), and then say you're done and you're leaving the thread. 

What were any of your posts for? You posted gibberish about MS BS and practices. And illegal practices. And whatever else you ramble on about while you ruin threads. 

I copy and pasted YOUR WORDs. YOURS. You are the one insulting people right off the bat, without any provocation, and then you get upset when people call you out for it. 

I thought your prior warnings would've been enough to get your act together, but nope, you haven't learned at all. Maybe you should leave after all. I suggest going to r/pcmasterrace where you can go on rants all day long and not disrupt genuine threads like you do here. 

At this point, nobody cares about what "facts" you bring up. If you cannot be professional in discussion, then you will be ignored and reported. It is as simple as that. You should not talk about somebody else's post history, when you yourself have a long history of poor behaviour on this forum. Like it or not, we have an expected level of professionalism here, and if you do not respect it, then you have absolutely no business in LTT.

QFT. This isn't the first time he's done this either. It seems that any thread that involves MS at all will end in him derailing it to hell. 

Cool, guess this and Hellblade - Ninja Theory's new game - will be counterparts - both are timed exclusives to the Xbox One and PS4 respectively. Hell, their settings parallel each other. RotTB takes place in modern society while HB takes place in some time in the past with Nordic or Celtic themes. Lara's probably going to use guns alongside her bow and pickax, while Senua's using a sword and other older weapons. It'll be even funnier if they had the same or close release dates.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Post from Drek at Neogaf. Bout sums up what MS has done for gaming (or lack thereof) and how how hostile they have been towards their customers/PC gamers that pay 100 dollars for an OEM version of their OS

Lets recap:

Started Turn 10, who went on to make Forza, the one truly original console IP from Microsoft to ever succeed.

Bought Bungie when Halo was months from release, had them port it to Xbox, cancelling a much hyped PC version which did later arrive, not to mention the Mac version Bungie had been promising.

Purchased FASA as part of another acquisition in 1999. After doing very little with the Shadowrun and MechWarrior IPs on the Xbox family of consoles closes FASA in 2007, licences out all their worthwhile IPs to small studios.

Bought Rare in 2002, since they have mined the Perfect Dark, Banjo, and Conker IPs with zero success, made one new mascot IP for Xbox 360's launch that never got a follow up despite being a pretty solid (kid friendly) game (Kameo, FYI). Have since been largely relegated to Kinect titles, weren't even the ones who made the Killer Instinct reboot.

Purchased Lionhead in 2006. Proceeded to have them make nothing but Fable games, including a crappy Kinect Fable game. Stopped making PC versions entirely, games progressively got further and further away from the original concept for Fable. A large number of staff has been laid off over the past two years, another large group up and left with Molyneaux, which if it was anything like his departure from Bullfrog to found Lionhead constituted his core staff he's had everywhere (i.e. the real talent in the studio). Making yet another Fable game that is even further removed from the original premise.

Started up 343 studios as a replacement for Bungie when Bungie wanted out as opposed to eternally making nothing but Halo. Now 343 makes nothing but Halo, only not as well as Bungie. The game they wouldn't let Bungie make, Destiny, is now the most pre-ordered game yet. Winning?

Disbanded Ensemble Studios, Aces Studio, MS Flight Team, MS Victoria Studio (never released anything) and Carbonated Games. Have in the last several years purchased BigPark (absorbed into MS Game Studios), Twisted Pixel (who's next game was a full blown stinker), Press Play (nothing of note, so basically shuffling deck chairs with this and closing Carbonated).

Also, Black Tusk isn't new. It's Microsoft Vancouver. They just cleaned house and renamed it after Vancouver went years without finishing anything. Black Tusk is doing an admirable job keeping that history alive.

This is just a quick sample of how MS has handled their first parties. Forza is the only new IP they've generated and maintained worth a @#$% in their entire time as a console first party. Everything else was bought, mismanaged, and typically shuttered.

Buying their way into the industry with the Xbox with Bungie, Lionhead, etc. is one thing. Sure, you need meaningful exclusives and that was the fastest way to get them. They've been in the console business for nearly 13 years now though. The proof is in the pudding. Microsoft has never shown a commitment to developing their own legitimate first party stable. They closed much of what they did start with the Xbox during the X360 generation because Sony's failure to deliver with PS3 allowed them to pick off former exclusives and have a comparable 3rd party library at a lower price, so they weren't needed. The only significant reinvestment they've ever shown in software development was for Kinect, which they've now pulled back on nearly completely as well.

Microsoft brings nothing to this industry other than dump trucks of money. They're in the video game industry for all the wrong reasons. Making and selling video games is a secondary part of the business model and that has been the case from day one. Originally it was a Sony denial tactic. As Sony fell on hard times and the X360 emerged as a successful product they used XBL to turn it into a marketing push where their real customers were advertisers and games were just the gateway to get people in the door looking at all the ads. The XB1's original concept took this to the next level planning to have Kinect effectively mining data from within our homes while we lived around the system. Obviously the blow back was too great to continue that little project, but that was the original intent and Microsoft stated as much during a conference for their advertising partners.

Instead of this (which probably cost them $50M or better), Titanfall (which also likely cost them $50M or better) the stated NFL deal at $400M, and buying the Gears IP from Epic (likely a solid $50-$100M price tag) Microsoft could have funded over a half dozen of the biggest, most expensive AAA exclusives EVER. They gave the NFL more money for a fantasy football app than Take 2/Rockstar spent on Grand Theft Auto 5. Let that sink into your head when you excuse their lack of first party studios as "taking time".

Brilliant post from Drek. MS deserves all the criticism it gets on sites like Neogaf. Period.