Next Tomb Raider game to be Xbox One exclusive. UPDATE : IT'S A TIMED EXCLUSIVE. HURAAY!

Nineshadow

uoqfjqgfhxfqbs2pbk4v.jpg

Wow! Microsoft just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, announced earlier this year at E3, will be an Xbox exclusive. 

Rise of the Tomb Raider, developed by Crystal Dynamics, will be a sequel to last year's Tomb Raider reboot. Publisher Square Enix announced the game at this year's Xbox E3 conference (trailer below), but we all kinda assumed that it'd be a multiplatform game. We assumed WRONG. 

Src: Kotaku

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

God damn it.I hate console exclusives. 

Also,I wonder if this won't be that kind of exclusive,but rather launch first on the Xbox and later on the other platforms.

Another thing to consider is that this game is already available for pre-order on all major platforms( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Square-Enix-Rise-Tomb-Raider/dp/B00KJGYGTG ), as pointed out by @ShadowCaptain.What's happening to all those people who pre-ordered the game on other platforms?

I wonder how much money they got from M$ right now...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 1:

It's been confirmed by the devs themselves...Rise of the Tomb Raider will be an Xbox One exclusive.Not just a timed exclusive,but a real one.

http://media.tumblr.com/3525b9a780c78268a7e7ba66125f2f1a/tumblr_inline_na67evXsib1qij4lt.jpg

Dear Tomb Raider Community,

As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I’d like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we’re creating at the studio.

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we’ll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we’re going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built.

Thanks,

Darrell Gallagher

Crystal Dynamics Head of Studios

UPDATE 2 : TIMED EXCLUSIVE

Turns out this was yet another a case of shady corporate double-speak, and this is actually atimed exclusive. "Yes, the deal has a duration," Xbox boss Phil Spencer told Eurogamer. "I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

In other words, when they said yesterday that the next big Tomb Raider game is an Xbox exclusive, what they really meant is that it'll be out first on Xbox (both 360 and One), and then it'll come later to other platforms.

Spencer wouldn't elaborate on how big of a window he paid for. "There are certain things I'm just not going to talk about because it's a business deal between us and then. Obviously the deal does have a duration. I didn't buy the IP in perpetuity."

"When people want me to say, can you tell us when or if it's coming to other platforms, it's not my job," Spencer told Eurogamer. "My job is not to talk about games I don't own. I have a certain relationship on this version of Tomb Raider, which we announced, and I feel really good about our long term relationship with Crystal and Square.

"I get the reaction I see. If I'm a PlayStation person all of a sudden I feel like, the franchise has gone. I didn't buy the IP. I didn't buy the studio. It's not mine. Where this thing will go over time, just like Dead Rising or Ryse, we'll see what happens with the game. I don't own every iteration of Tomb Raider.

"I don't own them building Tomb Raider on other platforms. I can't talk about the franchise that way. I can talk about the deal I have."

So, what, exactly, is that deal?

"I have Tomb Raider shipping next holiday exclusively on Xbox. It is Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I'm not trying to fake anybody out in terms of where this thing is. What they do with the franchise in the long run is not mine. I don't control it. So all I can talk about is the deal I have. I don't know where else Tomb Raider goes."

Is there a time limit on the exclusivity period?

"Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

Can you tell us how long the duration is?

"No. It's not because I'm trying to be a headfake on anybody. It's a deal between us and the partner. People ask me how much did we pay. There are certain things I'm just not going to talk about because it's a business deal between us and them. Obviously the deal does have a duration. I didn't buy the IP in perpetuity."

Angry gamers have directed many of their comments towards Square Enix, accusing the publisher of selling out and alienating their PlayStation and PC owning customers.

"Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011," wrote Darrell Gallagher on the Tomb Raider tumblr. "We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft."

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

God damn it.I hate console exclusives. 

Could be a timed exclusive

If not, they can go fuck themselves, makes no sense as tomb raider sold well on all platforms, PC too

Hmm

Amazon lists all formats, PC, 360, xbone, ps3, ps4, and different prices for each and the box art

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Square-Enix-Rise-Tomb-Raider/dp/B00KJGYGTG

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

gallery_16690_751_34882.jpg

Shit ive had to use this meme twice in a day, fuck just fuck. Anyways i dont care, i hate the tomb raider series

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Could be a timed exclusive

If not, they can go fuck themselves

Yeah,that's my only hope.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Welp, that's a shame. I really liked the previous one. 

Enjoy your 729p exclusive fuckers

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

wtf-what-the-fuck-meme-winnie-pooh.jpg

Screw Microsoft and their shit man so annoying it better be like a one month early exclusive

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'll leave my reposted comment here:

flip%20off.jpg

That is all. It was just announced at the Gamescom press conference, great idea to exclude a huge part of the audience for the sequel of a game that "was a failure" because it "just" sold 3.4 million copies. Great job.

Also, they were emphasizing the fact quite a bit that they're going to talk about exclusive titles, it doesn't sound like this will be a timed exclusive, not at all.

Fuck this years gamescom already, seriously. I will drive up to Köln myself and rip them a new one live on camera if this turns out to be true....

That doesn't mean anything, to be honest. It wouldn't be anything new for amazon to put up games based on speculation. Heck, a year ago I could preorder The Last Guardian for PS3.....

I will drive up to Köln myself and rip them a new one live on camera if this turns out to be true....

Film it

Film it

It'll be live, no need to hold a camera. Keep an eye out for the slightly overweight man with the battleaxe jumping out of the crowd.

It's gotta be a timed exclusive. Tomb Raider is a triple-A game, so the amount of money Microsoft would need to pay for it to be Xbox-only would be pretty damn high.

Ori and the Blind Forest (also apparently an XBONE exclusive) will release on PC. So maybe they meant console exclusive or timed exclusive..... I've calmed down again, reading Jim Sterling tweets is an incredibly soothing experience right now. Also, Ori seems like a really fucking great game, and that's definitely coming to PC.

It better be a timed exclusive, it was one of the games I was looking forward to most.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

This doesn't mean that we're walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

BIG FUCKING WHOOP!

who the fuck is going to want to play the Temple of osiris (basically an isometric platformer) on pc/ps4? (ok, maybe there are a few)

And that last bit is just like adding insult to injury

"oh we're not giving you this new game, but we were merciful enough to give you the previous title with updated graphics. Be grateful dickheads *snort*"

^ basically what they're saying

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

BIG FUCKING WHOOP!

who the fuck is going to want to play the Temple of osiris (basically an isometric platformer) on pc/ps4? (ok, maybe there are a few)

And that last bit is just like adding insult to injury

"oh we're not giving you this new game, but we were merciful enough to give you the previous title with updated graphics. Be grateful dickheads *snort*"

^ basically what they're saying

Fuck them, fuck them to hell.....

On a side note, we can "finally" play Halo 2 at 60 FPS! Exactly like 10 years ago on PC! Yay!

Fuck them, fuck them to hell.....

On a side note, we can "finally" play Halo 2 at 60 FPS! Exactly like 10 years ago on PC! Yay!

Way to go square enix. You're now on par with EA and Ubisoft...

Unless they're just using the consolers to beta test for us, like gta v, then that would be great!

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Way to go square enix. You're now on par with EA and Ubisoft...

Unless they're just using the consolers to beta test for us, like gta v, then that would be great!

That would be fine with me, but the evidence points toward a full exclusive right now. Also, fuck every single fucking press person there that claps for fucking exclusive titles. Seriously, that's why games journalism is being looked down upon by so many people.

Need I remind the publisher of what happened to Crytek when they decided to abandon PC gamers and focus almost exclusively console?

(Yes, I am aware Crysis 2 came on PC, albeit without DX11 and high res textures on launch, effectively being 'worse' than Crysis 1 in some ways, related to tech.)

Seems like just a scheme to raise sales of the console.....it will undoubtedly fail in the long run and then they will announce it for other systems to recoup losses 

It will come to PC for sure. We are already used to getting stuff later anyways, not a big deal. Might be timed exclusive for PS4 too. I would guess it will come out for PC and PS4 at the same time at a later date.

Case: Corsair 500R (BitFenix Spectre Pro LED Green) -  CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2 -  Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming -  GPUs: Asus Strix GTX 970  -  RAM: Kingston Black - 8GB 2133 -  PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750G 750W -  Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3  -  HDDs: OCZ Vector 150 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Green 500GB -  Monitor: Acer B246HYL ymdpr 23.8 IPS  -  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical -  Audio: Sennheiser HD 600 - Magni 2/ Modi 2

This exclusive shit is annoying. PC exclusives are okay because everyone has one. Not a capable one, but everyone has a PC. NOT EVERYONE HAS A CONSOLE. Even though it's a timed exclusive, it is bull shit.

Project Restomod (In progress)