So I Need A Decent Car

ddbtkd456

A quick glance of all 3 pages suggests you should get the Subbie. It's a good car, even my GFs mum has one. :P

Maybe a Subaru legacy? Women love them.

Subi Legacy. A+ Plus get a bike rack on the top. Even if you don't own a bike it just makes you look sporty and cool.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Focus or Fusion. If you are interested in more space the Fusion is an awesome car. And looks fantastic. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Focus or Fusion. If you are interested in more space the Fusion is an awesome car. And looks fantastic. 

Only the new Fusion looks good as it has an Aston Martin look about it. The older models had ugly looking razer blade front fascias. 

Only the new Fusion looks good as it has an Aston Martin look about it. The older models had ugly looking razer blade front fascias. 

The new model has been around for a couple of years. I bet you can find a lease return for $18k or less in the new model. 

I agree that the previous model Fusion didn't look nearly as nice.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Maybe get a Kia Soul? C'mon, it's sponsored by freaking hamsters!

tumblr_mdtgpaBVzA1rfjo9ao1_400.gif

Or grab something like a Mazda 3 or 2; Ford Focus or Fiesta; Dodge Dart, Kia Forte or Rio; Hyundai Veloster, Accent, or Elantra; Chevrolet Cruze or Sonic; Fiat 500 or the 500L; Mitsubishi Lancer, Suburu Impreza, Volkswagen Jetta, etc.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

The new model has been around for a couple of years. I bet you can find a lease return for $18k or less in the new model. 

I agree that the previous model Fusion didn't look nearly as nice.

867740b8e48fa602d81fdbc6d2749d2c.png

Yep, if OP can score a newer one at the right price, this would make for a nice purchase for the fiance.

Toyota Tacoma diesel if you don't mind a light pickup. Other than that, I'd say toyota or honda for a car. Everything else just wont last as long.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

*Snip*

Yep, if OP can score a newer one at the right price, this would make for a nice purchase for the fiance.

Yep, 100% agree. 

Volkswagen passat is one of the most relibale cars ever built. You can also get prettymuch anything toyota that's 09 or earlier.

Anything from the volkswagengroup will do ( when getting a car with a TFSI/TSI engine do not get anything smaller than 2.0 , also there is one major problem with most engines, the timing belt needs replacement often, especcially with the smaller TSI engines that have very good Horsepower per litre ratio.

Some examples from europe: ( i don't know if prices are the same in US but yeah .)

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/vw-passat-vilnius/196231941.html?lang=en&pageNumber=1&__lp=11&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=25&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&fuels=PETROL&minFirstRegistrationDate=2009-01-01&transmissions=AUTOMATIC_GEAR&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&categories=Limousine&noec=1

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/vw-passat-sel-2-5-automatas-vilnius/196400210.html?lang=en&pageNumber=2&__lp=11&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=25&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&fuels=PETROL&minFirstRegistrationDate=2009-01-01&transmissions=AUTOMATIC_GEAR&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&categories=Limousine&noec=1

To be a little more stylish you can also get the CC verion.

Basically dont get anything like Mercedes-Benz, BMW etc , they build great cars but they have high running  costs.

Interested in Business and Technology

Y'know, I kind of wished Skodas were available in the US...

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Toyota Tacoma diesel if you don't mind a light pickup. Other than that, I'd say toyota or honda for a car. Everything else just wont last as long.

30191.jpg

the 1000 bhp edition?  :rolleyes:

If you want to look pretty, get this.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsMain&vehicleCode=M3S

m3s_2014_1600x900_soul_red_black_01.jpg

For the price, there is nothing on the market that looks prettier and sexier than that.  The only problem is if you want more options, the cost rises FAST, but at least it gets good economy.  

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

30191.jpg

the 1000 bhp edition?  :rolleyes:

Sure, that way you can just give the cops the finger whenever you see them and then leave lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Ford Focus, if you are in the US parts and repairs will be cheap

I drive a focus for work really don't want to drive one at home to :P

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Get a Fiesta. It'll be different.  :P

867740b8e48fa602d81fdbc6d2749d2c.png

I think the Legacy is my decision. Now to convince her since she wants that or an impala

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Maybe if your love is really strong ( and your wallet big.)

You can get her one of these:

2014-Mercedes-Benz-CLA.jpg

I know i said don't get a Mercedes but with the CLA and A class they want to attract new young costumers, the running costs are maybe a little higher than a passat or mazda3, infinity IS but not by much at all, at the most 1K a year. Here you can get a good second hand with really few miles on them for like 21k

Oh yeah and the most important thing maybe:

''Yeah he got me a mercedes''

You know what i mean :P

This is how it would look lol:

Mercedes-Benz-CLA-36.jpg

(minus the (IMO) ugly yellow stripes, they are optional.)

-snip-

She looks unnaturally happy.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Maybe if your love is really strong ( and your wallet big.)

You can get her one of these:

2014-Mercedes-Benz-CLA.jpg

I know i said don't get a Mercedes but with the CLA and A class they want to attract new young costumers, the running costs are maybe a little higher than a passat or mazda3, infinity IS but not by much at all, at the most 1K a year. Here you can get a good second hand with really few miles on them for like 21k

Oh yeah and the most important thing maybe:

''Yeah he got me a mercedes''

You know what i mean :P

This is how it would look lol:

Mercedes-Benz-CLA-36.jpg

(minus the (IMO) ugly yellow stripes, they are optional.)

It'd be nice if I didn't have to drive 2 hours to get it serviced or repaired, since we don't have a dealership any closer.

She looks unnaturally happy.

Yeah she is probably german and it's a photo. I wouldn't expect differently xD. The cameraman was probably shouting something like : Smile bitch or you'll be fired. (jk ofc.)

It'd be nice if I didn't have to drive 2 hours to get it serviced or repaired, since we don't have a dealership any closer.

Do you really have to have it mainained at the dealership? There are better alternatives that are probably cheaper and closer to you. If you really want to they can come pick up the car for you. (Depends tho, check the mercedes-benz website for info on your region.) And besides driving to the dealership maybe twice a year isn't that bad.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/index

Chevy Cruze Eco, you can find them used with a ~20K miles in your price range. You can't beat getting 35-40 MPG in the city with a non-hybrid car.

Yea, as much as I hate the Cruze, the Eco has really nice mileage. The highest my Dad's gotten his was 48 on highway. Plus, my Dad managed to get his new from a dealer for $15,000, which isn't bad considering the lower trims sell for that.

Personally, I enjoy the Dodge Dart. I know around here, or through Dodge itself, you can get the SXT for $18,000. Comes with a decent amount of features and drives very well. Mileage is adequate but not worth bragging over compared to say a Cruze Eco.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.