So I Need A Decent Car

ddbtkd456

Hey, the Abarth has an awesome exhaust.  :angry:

My lincoln had the same...a pipe wrapped in another pipe to sound proof it...it was packing a 460 in it tho....so it just wipped out gas like you wouldn't believe. Much Fun Such trouble.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

My lincoln had the same...a pipe wrapped in another pipe to sound proof it...it was packing a 460 in it tho....so it just wipped out gas like you wouldn't believe. Much Fun Such trouble.

This one was done by the engineers at Fiat; the Abarth model comes by default like that.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Nice...thanks for the tip...think we will be shopping for a subaru...I've heard alot of good things about them. Also maintenance is a common mistake for most people...I don't understand why.

I just take it to the stealership to get serviced instead of some random place because resale value actually goes down (5-10%) sometimes if not serviced at the dealer.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I just take it to the stealership to get serviced instead of some random place because resale value actually goes down (5-10%) sometimes if not serviced at the dealer.

Eh...we have a family friend we take it to...they have always treated me right...jensen is our Subaru dealership here and he's kinda hit and miss.

Eh...we have a family friend we take it to...they have always treated me right...jensen is our Subaru dealership here and he's kinda hit and miss.

Eh, dealerships in New Zealand do everything fine. If your local dealer is crap, might as well take it to a family friend. And also you better detail the shit out of it if you get a black one. Black paint is a BITCH.

Eh, dealerships in New Zealand do everything fine. If your local dealer is crap, might as well take it to a family friend. And also you better detail the shit out of it if you get a black one. Black paint is a BITCH.

I don't mind keeping it clean...just want something reliable. We will end up driving it until it falls apart on us, as we do with all our cars. I will take her 2 Door Caviler since its still runs good and I only drive 2 miles to and from work...it'd be perfect...as for her's it will be the traveling car.

Nope has leather seats...she doesn't like leather seats and neither do I (since I do carpentry tools tear the crap outta them).

Nope has leather seats...she doesn't like leather seats and neither do I (since I do carpentry tools tear the crap outta them).

ahh ok.

The Mazda 3 6 cylinder, it's reasonably priced in my opinion,

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

2005 Maserati Quattroporte?

What about a Mazda 3 Hatch or Sedan?

Nissan Altima?

Nissan Maxima?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Maybe a Subaru legacy? Women love them.

Yeah, women who love other women. :P

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

2005 Maserati Quattroporte?

What about a Mazda 3 Hatch or Sedan?

Nissan Altima?

Nissan Maxima?

I just suggested the Mazda 3 in my post above yours. I drive the manual transmission 2008 mazda 3 and it is a great car. Never had any problems with it, and it almost at 100K miles on it. Hopefully I have it for 100k more.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Sorry it needs to be automatic not for me anyways it's for my fiance.

Sorry it needs to be automatic not for me anyways it's for my fiance.

The Mazda 3 has both automatic and manual transmissions available, along with either 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder options.

Edit: and non-leather seats, since you need that.

The Mazda 3 has both automatic and manual transmissions available, along with either 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder options.

Edit: and non-leather seats, since you need that.

Sorry didn't know that :P

Chevy Cruze Eco, you can find them used with a ~20K miles in your price range. You can't beat getting 35-40 MPG in the city with a non-hybrid car. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Maybe a Subaru legacy

^this or an audi a6 quattro

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

^this or an audi a6 quattro

You guys didn't read the OPs price range.

You guys didn't read the OPs price range.

what you can't get an audi a6 for $18k? thats over £10K you can get a 2007/2008 2.0T a6 with 50k miles on the clock for £10k

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Sorry didn't know that :P

Almost every car comes in automatic or manual transmission. Some don't, like some of Dodges, which pissed off some of their customers or because some (models) are geared towards old school driving or giving off the "racing and performance" feel, like the Fiat 500 Abarth and certain Mini Coopers - makes sense since it's a requirement to be able to drive a manual in Europe. Others offer different transmissions because of the engineering or whatnot like semi-automatics in Dodges or DSG (Direct-shift gearboxes) in Volkswagens. And some, like electric and hybrids, don't off manuals since there's no beneficial or logical reason - the Honda CR-Z is a unique case in that it's a hybrid and can come with a manual transmission.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I would have to say a good car could be a Subaru legacy or outback. They really are great cars, especially the newer models.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz