So I Need A Decent Car

ddbtkd456

I was actually looking at one she likes that one but are they reliable?

Legacy is really popular in Switzerland (I spend a lot of time there) because it runs great on all terrains, and is a decent family car too. Snowy mountain roads at winter? No problem. Plus I've never seen one at the side of the road :P

Sure, that way you can just give the cops the finger whenever you see them and then leave lol

that is the best way to deprive them from eating donuts :D

Do you really have to have it mainained at the dealership? There are better alternatives that are probably cheaper and closer to you. If you really want to they can come pick up the car for you. (Depends tho, check the mercedes-benz website for info on your region.) And besides driving to the dealership maybe twice a year isn't that bad.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/index

Round here I think so since no repair shop has a licence to work on them same with BMW's

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Round here I think so since no repair shop has a licence to work on them same with BMW's

Since when do you have to be licensed to work on a specific make of car? Normally you just have to be a qualified mechanic to do certain things like brakes.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Can i get your zipcode please? If that isn't too personal for you. The NSA probably already knows :P

Interested in Business and Technology

Since when do you have to be licensed to work on a specific make of car? Normally you just have to be a qualified mechanic to do certain things like brakes.

Yea that is what I meant we don't have any qualified mechanics around this area.

Can i get your zipcode please? If that isn't too personal for you. The NSA probably already knows :P

I already posted it but I will post it again. 51106 or Sioux City, IA

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Yea that is what I meant we don't have any qualified mechanics around this area.

I already posted it but I will post it again. 51106 or Sioux City, IA

http://www.quicklane.com/service_center?servicecenter=oil-change-51106-Sioux%20City-IA&pacode=QL790

and

http://www.automd.com/shops/IA/sioux-city/ to search for a mechanic

Example:

http://www.automd.com/shops/certified-auto-inc_97029/

So the first statement is not true at all, you guys have lots of good mechanics there!  Honestly for the regular tire/oil/brake change and filter changed you are just fine in your city for about any car. And it's  a little cheaper than the MB dealer, that's a nice plus.

http://www.quicklane.com/service_center?servicecenter=oil-change-51106-Sioux%20City-IA&pacode=QL790

and

http://www.automd.com/shops/IA/sioux-city/ to search for a mechanic

Example:

http://www.automd.com/shops/certified-auto-inc_97029/

So the first statement is not true at all, you guys have lots of good mechanics there!  Honestly for the regular tire/oil/brake change and filter changed you are just fine in your city for about any car. And it's  a little cheaper than the MB dealer, that's a nice plus.

Actually I use only one shop since we have a family friend that I get discounts thru. That is why I can't get a BMW or Mercedes.

Actually I use only one shop since we have a family friend that I get discounts thru. That is why I can't get a BMW or Mercedes.

Ok fair enough, strange tho... all the components that need maintenance ( like tires/brakes etc.) should be the same to replace. Except for the diagnostics interface. Mercedes and BMW use completely different ones than the regular OBD2 interface. Maybe ask that family friend why he can't maintain a Mercedes or BMW, Btw he than also can't maintain cars like Nissan or Lexus...

I do see the Nissan Sentra 2014 model

starts from 16 grand onwards

http://www.nissanusa.com/cars/sentra?next=header.vehicles.postcard.vlp.image

I used to have a Sunny and the earlier Datsun Sunny models

solid all rounders but although not really a looker for the old models 

but the newer models look decent

they are using the MR18DE engine

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Ok fair enough, strange tho... all the components that need maintenance ( like tires/brakes etc.) should be the same to replace. Except for the diagnostics interface. Mercedes and BMW use completely different ones than the regular OBD2 interface. Maybe ask that family friend why he can't maintain a Mercedes or BMW, Btw he than also can't maintain cars like Nissan or Lexus...

No he can't maintain Nissian or Lexus I don't think either.

No he can't maintain Nissian or Lexus I don't think either.

what car he CAN maintain?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

what car he CAN maintain?

Anything else....I'm not really sure about the Nissan or Lexus tho to be honest I just know the BMW's he can't, being as tho the owner (family friend) owns one.

Anything else....I'm not really sure about the Nissan or Lexus tho to be honest I just know the BMW's he can't, being as tho the owner (family friend) owns one.

what about the typical Toyota?

because the budget of yours may only allow japanese sedens

what about the typical Toyota?

because the budget of yours may only allow japanese sedens

Um...Chevy Impala....Chevy Malibu, Ford Focus....I can keep going with american names at that price...the year range is no newer then '12 since I don't want outrageous insurance rates.

Um...Chevy Impala....Chevy Malibu, Ford Focus....I can keep going with american names at that price...the year range is no newer then '12 since I don't want outrageous insurance rates.

the Ford Focus should be good

typically new cars should have some sort of dealers' warranty for servicing at authorized workshops

Mercedes enough to choose there. ;)

See what i mean :P (she is a girl)

Maybe ask your friend if he can maintain a CLA, if he can do the folowing things on it you're golden:

• Tires
  • Brakes
  • Drive Train
  • Electrical
  • Engine

• Heating & Air Conditioning
  • Maintenance
  • Steering & Suspension
  • Diagnosis & Inspection

• Emission Testing

In my post where i mentioned BMW and mercedes i didn't mean that they are both the same in maintanence whatsoever.

•  

the Ford Focus should be good

typically new cars should have some sort of dealers' warranty for servicing at authorized workshops

I could care less about the warranty...in what I have seen you always have problems when the warrenty is up anyways...and I am not going new...also as said before I drive a ford focus at work and do not want one for at home plus this will be our traveling car so it needs to be a full sized sedan.

Choices:

Chevy Impala

Subaru Legency

This is my fiance's car not mine so she has to like it not me. I am taking her Chevy Caviler off her hands since it has no problems with it except for the damn cd player that doesn't work right...but that can be replaced.

See what i mean :P (she is a girl)

Maybe ask your friend if he can maintain a CLA, if he can do the folowing things on it you're golden:

• Tires
  • Brakes
  • Drive Train
  • Electrical
  • Engine

• Heating & Air Conditioning
  • Maintenance
  • Steering & Suspension
  • Diagnosis & Inspection

• Emission Testing

In my post where i mentioned BMW and mercedes i didn't mean that they are both the same in maintanence whatsoever.

•  

Oh, I guess I just assumed (which I hate doing)....sorry about that...yea I'm not really sure...I will have to ask them on that I just know higher end cars are harder to maintain cause of the requirements they want for them...

I could care less about the warranty...in what I have seen you always have problems when the warrenty is up anyways...and I am not going new...also as said before I drive a ford focus at work and do not want one for at home plus this will be our traveling car so it needs to be a full sized sedan.

Choices:

Chevy Impala

Subaru Legency

This is my fiance's car not mine so she has to like it not me. I am taking her Chevy Caviler off her hands since it has no problems with it except for the damn cd player that doesn't work right...but that can be replaced.

the Legacy will be my pick over the 2 cars

it quite a solid card and the boxer engine is quite easy to maintain

replacement parts like the timing belt may be slightly costly

fuel consumption will be higher than a typical japanese Inline 4 engine and because of the AWD system

Safety is what makes it stand out

it got 5 star rating under the Euro NCAP

http://www.euroncap.com/results/subaru/legacy/369.aspx

and AWD system will increase the traction on the road for most weather

Oh, I guess I just assumed (which I hate doing)....sorry about that...yea I'm not really sure...I will have to ask them on that I just know higher end cars are harder to maintain cause of the requirements they want for them...

Some family members of mine are mechanics and have their own car shops, don't fall for that kind of talk, when it comes to maintenance almost all cars are the same. ( except for cars like ferarri's or somthing like a Mercedes SLS). This is why you see so many car shops that do all cars like the ones I linked, wouldn't you think that if all cars were different they would exist. See it as a PC, the basic components are always the same. CPU, Mobo, Ram etc. It doesn't really matter if you know how to install corsair RAM or kingston RAM. You can see watercooling as the exotic cars and AIO's as something like an E63 AMG.

Btw it doesn't have to be an CLA you can also look for a C class or something like a CLS/E class (but those cars will have even higher costs to mainain, especially CLS/E class. so I would assume that's out of the question.)

the Legacy will be my pick over the 2 cars

it quite a solid card and the boxer engine is quite easy to maintain

replacement parts like the timing belt may be slightly costly

fuel consumption will be higher than a typical japanese Inline 4 engine and because of the AWD system

Safety is what makes it stand out

it got 5 star rating under the Euro NCAP

http://www.euroncap.com/results/subaru/legacy/369.aspx

and AWD system will increase the traction on the road for most weather

Guys please remember the car is for his fiancee, a girl. Girls like smooth riding cars like Audi's and Mercedes-Benz. I absolutely love the Legacy but it's stiff suspension makes it not enjoyable for a girl I find.

Btw other suggestions could be

Audi A4 2.0TFSI or above

Mercedes C220.C300

Lexus IS

Etc.

Guys please remember the car is for his fiancee, a girl. Girls like smooth riding cars like Audi's and Mercedes-Benz. I absolutely love the Legacy but it's stiff suspension makes it not enjoyable for a girl I find.

Btw other suggestions could be

Audi A4 2.0TFSI or above

Mercedes C220.C300

Lexus IS

Etc.

the Legacy is actually a smooth riding car with the stock suspension

I driving the Forester and i complain that my suspension is too mushy so i don't bother to bring it for off roading