Gigabyte X99 Gaming G1 WIFI Motherboard Revealed - That Heatsink!

LenMargaux

Gigabyte-X99-Gaming-G1-WIFI-Motherboard-

Meet the Gigabyte X99 Gaming G1 WIFI

Looking at the Gigabyte X99 Gaming G1 WIFI it somehow looks like an upgraded version of the Z97X Gaming G1 WIFI-BK motherboard, but comes with a much better chipset heatsink design (in my own opinion). I just hope they added some LED light effects on those heatsink to give it a more premium feel. Let’s talk about the upper portion of the motherboard first.

The Gigabyte X99 Gaming G1 WIFI features an LGA 2011-3 socket that will support the upcoming Intel Haswell-E processors like the Intel Core i7-5960X, Core i7-5930K and Core i7-5820K. Like all X99 motherboards, it has a total of 8x DDR4 DIMM slots supporting quad channel memory. Expect that DDR4 will be much faster than DDR3 since starting speed is 2133MT/s, and it will not be backwards compatible with DDR3 memory.

It features an 8 phase power design and draws its power from an 8 pin power connector. We can also see the 24pin motherboard power connector on the usual spot, and onboard power button is present as well. There are several switches and smaller buttons, voltage points, as well as the debug LED near the DDR4 DIMM slot.

Also based on visual observation, I am guessing that the Gigabyte X99 Gaming G1 WIFI will feature the same G1 Audio with AMP-UP Audio Technology, high end Nichicon audio capacitors, Creative Sound Core3D Quad Core audio processor and the LED path that separates the audio components with other components of the motherboard. Expect that audio quality on this motherboard would be fantastic as well.

It features Killer E2200 LAN, but it may also feature an Intel Gigabit LAN as well, just like the Z97X Gaming G1. The X99 Gaming G1 sports 4x PCIE 3.0 x16 slots and three PCIE x1 slots. It also supports both AMD CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI multi-GPU configuration. There’s also an M.2 and WiFi slot between the 2nd and 3rd PCIE x16 slots.

On the storage department, it features a total of 8x SATA III 6 Gbps ports and 1x SATA Express port, or 10x SATA III ports when the SATA Express port is not in use. There also an onboard SATA power connector for additional power when you plan to install multiple graphics card.

Basically that’s it for now. Hopefully Gigabyte will tease us more next week with more shots of the Gigabyte X99 Gaming G1 WIFI and hopefully they will start to reveal some of its features. Again, the X99 motherboards, together with the Intel Haswell-E processors and DDR4 memory are expected to become available by next month, September 2014.

Source: http://thepcenthusiast.com/gigabyte-x99-gaming-g1-wifi-motherboard/

I like PC, but I like Music as well.

Im pretty sure this is a rrrrr-repost

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

meh, red and black only looks like shit to me these days. It's the colors you choose when you can't be bothered to try.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I think it looks quite poor. A bit messy, it's quite hard to explain what i mean. Those green audio caps do not go with the colour scheme either.

Agreed it's the only thing that looks off

I like PC, but I like Music as well.

So far, i like the MSI gaming board the best, I am dying to see what ASUS comes out with though.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

anyone else wonder why gigabyte no longer cares about looks? MSI and ROG definitely are running the show on the department and MSI boards are cheaper, albeit barely but still. 

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

So far, i like the MSI gaming board the best, I am dying to see what ASUS comes out with though.

I am right there with you. I'm Super interested to see what the ROG offerings are like for X99.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I am right there with you. I'm Super interested to see what the ROG offerings are like for X99.

It will probably looks like the Z97 rog board and if i was to buy a red and black board which is my preference as far as board color goes i would go ROG, the darker red is just nicer.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Dat sexiness

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It will probably looks like the Z97 rog board and if i was to buy a red and black board which is my preference as far as board color goes i would go ROG, the darker red is just nicer.

I already went ROG ;) See sig.

But it certainly is not X99. Im gonna have a hard time not drooling on a ROG X99 board. :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Does anyone know if CPU cooler support will be coming to most coolers anytime after release. I know Noctua is pretty good with their support but will I be able to fit my H80 to it. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

How many people here are actually planning on getting Haswell-E and DDR4?

I am. I know DDR4 is expensive and the chips themselves will also be expensive but I see this being my upgrade for the next 5+ years to my CPU and motherboard. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Im pretty sure this is a rrrrr-repost

If it is find the link and post it. Just don't put repost.

As for the board... very Sexy

Is it just me or the board doesn't have an 8-pin connector for the cpu rail voltage? Or maybe it got covered up by the heatsink.

Is it just me or the board doesn't have an 8-pin connector for the cpu rail voltage? Or maybe it got covered up by the heatsink.

At the top next the the heatsink, you can barely see it

Let's agree to disagree

Z97-AR

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I miss the green from the x58 boards

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Another red/black theme. *pass*

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack