Is Australia really so awesome as I think?

There are so many countries I'd rather go to before Australia.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

tech is expensive, everything will kill you, internet blows, current government is full or bigoted, conservative idiots, TV sucks(i think this one is pretty much the same all over the world), most people are dumb bogans, and the country is incredibly racist (anyone who tells you otherwise has not thought about it, is a denier(read also racist), or is just an idiot).

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Australians have one of the sexiest accents on the planet. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Yes. Yes it is. As long as you can deal with everything wanting to kill you

tech is expensive, everything will kill you, internet blows, current government is full or bigoted, conservative idiots, TV sucks(i think this one is pretty much the same all over the world), most people are dumb bogans, and the country is incredibly racist (anyone who tells you otherwise has not thought about it, is a denier(read also racist), or is just an idiot).

They are racist?.....

AWWWW.

Damn it.

They are racist?.....

AWWWW.

Damn it.

This country was built on racism, Its not even racism based on ethnicity or religious background either. It comes down to whether or not you are white.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

This country was built on racism, Its not even racism based on ethnicity or religious background either. It comes down to whether or not you are white.

Well that's messed up.

Suddenly Australia doesn't seem nice anymore at all.... even if I am white.

Australia is full, hard to find a job, not very good internet here, too much political all the time, sometimes news and sunrise talk about weight lost/diet.

It not what you think you saw on movies, tv or ad.

Watch the wolf creek before you come here, but its not worth to live here.

They eat kangaroos too there anyway. :P Sometimes.

Well, not all Australian eat kangaroos. I don't eat kangaroos.

I've seen died kangaroos on the road, hit by a car and smell so bad.

spiders in your house would be a huge problem

The spiders sharing your house myth is just that. It's really not anything you need to worry about.

Oh come on, for all the whinging we do (and that's just pommy ancestry shining through :ph34r: ) Australia is the best place on the planet to live.  Yes there's racism, it isn't really any worse than anywhere else in the world, but it's there.

I wouldn't move anywhere else,  we got the worlds best health care, the worlds best education system, and a quite respected and skilled defense force, social welfare is so good it might be doing us harm. what else could you want?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The spiders sharing your house myth is just that. It's really not anything you need to worry about.

what myth? I have spiders all through my house, they keep the flies down.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I have only ever seen a small handful of spiders in my house.

EDIT: sure, the ones I've had have been the size of a plate, but there haven't been many of them

EDIT: sure, the ones I've had have been the size of a plate, but there haven't been many of them

I have to de cob webb daily.

I hate spiders...

I hate spiders...

most of them are fine, there are only a handful that you should be careful of. 

Because it looks so fun to be there, the weather, the people, the loveliness, the accent.

I only hear good things about Australia (except internet)

I might go live there later....

There are also bad points like the extreme heat, some people are pricks and the dangerous wildlife but I've been a few times and love it, hopefully I'll be moving there but really struggling to find a trade at the moment.

Also if you don't have a trade that is listed on the Skilled Occupation List then it is almost impossible to move there. Find a trade, work your arse off and you'll get there.

If I can't get to Australia (that will be fucking gutting) then my plan B is Canada, sure looks like a pleasent place though I've never visited.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

There is not enough "Nope" in this world anymore. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

most of them are fine, there are only a handful that you should be careful of. 

Well, i still hate it. I got arachnophobia problem.

Well, i still hate it. I got arachnophobia problem.

ever been bitten?  I have, little fanged fucker bit right through my sock, it hurt like all get out, but no issues. 

I found the racism in AUS very similar to what you find in most of the USA, just with a different group of people. You guys have to deal with boats of people coming from Indonesia trying to get to Xmas island or what not, and we have people making their way up from Mexico/Central/South America doing the same.

I have spent a total of 7-8 months in AUS, mainly Sydney, Melbourne, and a bit around the Gold Coast (Mulumbimby area) so obviously I don't know what it is like being a permanent resident, but the racism towards a lot of the Asians did seem oddly reminiscent of what you see here. I mean, there is no great way to deal with illegal immigration. Do you turn the boats around that will in all likelihood not make it back to from where they came; do we just send the little kids sneaking up through Mexico on train away to their demise? The Aboriginal/Native American treatment is another area where the two countries have a parallel. Oil exploration and energy production in the north is yet another topic that "reminded me of home".

Anyway, racism just plainly pisses me off. I judge people by their morals and actions, not by what they look like or where they came from. I live in a close 50/40 white/Hispanic neighborhood and think it is fantastic. The only bad feeling I get living in my area is the fact that I suck at speaking Spanish and that is embarrassing. These families work hard, love each other, and strive to provide a good environment to raise their kids.

Racism is found everywhere where there are a number of different cultures, that's just how it is. Don't let that deter you from visiting Australia, it is a fantastic county!

Side note: Driving on the "wrong" side of the road/car was, for me, a load of fun! I grabbed an international driver's license last time I went and rented a basic Opal sedan...what a blast that was!

ever been bitten?  I have, little fanged fucker bit right through my sock, it hurt like all get out, but no issues. 

I was bit by a male black widow once. I survived it, but now I have a deathly fear of spiders.

I found the racism in AUS very similar to what you find in most of the USA, just with a different group of people. You guys have to deal with boats of people coming from Indonesia trying to get to Xmas island or what not, and we have people making their way up from Mexico/Central/South America doing the same.

I have spent a total of 7-8 months in AUS, mainly Sydney, Melbourne, and a bit around the Gold Coast (Mulumbimby area) so obviously I don't know what it is like being a permanent resident, but the racism towards a lot of the Asians did seem oddly reminiscent of what you see here. I mean, there is no great way to deal with illegal immigration. Do you turn the boats around that will in all likelihood not make it back to from where they came; do we just send the little kids sneaking up through Mexico on train away to their demise? The Aboriginal/Native American treatment is another area where the two countries have a parallel. Oil exploration and energy production in the north is yet another topic that "reminded me of home".

Anyway, racism just plainly pisses me off. I judge people by their morals and actions, not by what they look like or where they came from. I live in a close 50/40 white/Hispanic neighborhood and think it is fantastic. The only bad feeling I get living in my area is the fact that I suck at speaking Spanish and that is embarrassing. These families work hard, love each other, and strive to provide a good environment to raise their kids.

Racism is found everywhere where there are a number of different cultures, that's just how it is. Don't let that deter you from visiting Australia, it is a fantastic county!

Side note: Driving on the "wrong" side of the road/car was, for me, a load of fun! I grabbed an international driver's license last time I went and rented a basic Opal sedan...what a blast that was!

Now I know I shouldn't go there. Asian racism much Aus?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I was bit by a male black widow once. I survived it, but now I have a deathly fear of spiders.

Now I know I shouldn't go there. Asian racism much Aus?

That is exactly what I was trying to avoid lol! I don't think anyone should be worried about going AUS because of racism if they can stand being in the USA. I was just trying to say, from my POV (I am white however), I didn't see much of a difference compared to where I live. I find more similarities between USA and AUS than major differences.

Side note: our Black Widows have a slightly smaller "Redback" cousin in AUS. They are nothing to worry about. The goddamn King Brown snake that waltzed into the dining room of the family's house I was staying in in Kangaroo Valley was a much more legit threat! I will forever remember being like 10 years old and watching the the mom casually grab a broom and beat that thing out the door like it was no big deal...holy shit we are wimps about wildlife over here. IMO, saltwater crocs and box jellies are way scarier than the land animals. Funnel web spiders are, however, pretty terrifying.

here's one of the reasons I love being an aussie: