Disappointed Linus ....

DeViLzzz

I thought you were against people who do not dispose of stuff properly and who destroy things for the sake of destroying them.  Someone could have used what was destroyed in that video and as for that monitor whether it was working or not working that is just not environmentally good to do what was done to it.  I am really disappointed Linus that you were a part of that considering some of what I have heard you say in the past.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I tried to watch it but NCIX videos make me cringe so I couldn't. What happened?

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I tried to watch it but NCIX videos make me cringe so I couldn't. What happened?

they break a bunch of PC hardware for fun regardless of environmental impact from improper disposal of monitors etc. even though Linus has said he was against that sort of stuff apparently

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

They're giving out games, peripherals and hardware to people but you have to find out these phrases and QR codes in their videos. 

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Not the first time bro.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

They're giving out games, peripherals and hardware to people but you have to find out these phrases and QR codes in their videos.

they break a bunch of PC hardware for fun regardless of environmental impact from improper disposal of monitors etc. even though Linus has said he was against that sort of stuff apparently

It looks as if it was just really old crap that would be recycled anyway to me when I skipped through the video just now.

He's likely against the people that get the newest ipad on launch and break it, shoot a ps4 on launch, that kinda crap. Wasteful

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

The OP should boycott the forums and never come here again...

Yes.

He is a hypocrite, so what? We all are in some form.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

mouse and keyboard were broken to my knowledge and I had nothing to do with the PC and monitor.

Knowing those guys (and knowing the area they did it) I'm sure they picked up after themselves though.

There are people starving to death in your own country and are sleeping under bridges and you place care on outdated/broken hardware that had no more use over that as something to voice complaint over? This wasn't some rich brat smashing up new iPads to be "le edgy" on the internet.

Most of the awkward came from the NCIX guys and not even Linus anyway.

Yes.

He is a hypocrite, so what? We all are in some form.

Wait a sec.  Definitely not a fair statement.

mouse and keyboard were broken to my knowledge and I had nothing to do with the PC and monitor.

Knowing those guys (and knowing the area they did it) I'm sure they picked up after themselves though.

@LinusTech

Oh god! You destroyed a 10$ mouse and membrane keyboard combo, and old useless/broken hardware. You MONSTER!  :lol:

Joking aside 

THIS CRAP is what I don't like 

sure they make money but it still pisses me off

muh specs 

All parts black

There are people starving to death in your own country and are sleeping under bridges and you place care on outdated/broken hardware that had no more use over that as something to voice complaint over? Seriously?

Most of the awkward came from the NCIX guys and not even Linus anyway.

If you want to take that stance then instead of smashing the stuff they could have autographed some of it and auctioned it off raising money for the starving and homeless.  Got ya!

If you want to take that stance then instead of smashing the stuff they could have autographed some of it and auctioned it off raising money for the starving and homeless.  Got ya!

I don't think there is much real world value outside of internet fanboys for autographed outdated broken hardware signed by people making videos for NCIX. I'm not saying it wasn't pointless destruction, but it could be worse. There are people who buy expensive Apple products and smash them for fun. People like that are the real turds to be offended over.

@LinusTechTips

Oh god! You destroyed a 10$ mouse and membrane keyboard combo, and old useless/broken hardware. You MONSTER!  :lol:

Obviously you don't understand why I made the post originally and don't see the wrong in it.  There is much wrong with doing stuff like this.  Does it mean that I myself haven't wanted to see certain things destroyed?  No.  I am just pointing out to Linus that he took a certain stance on things and I thought this was against what he believed in.  Also Linus just because you didn't partake in some of what was done in the video doesn't mean you are not linked to this.  You were paid to be a part of this video I assume and you put your name to it by being in it and so by allowing that to go on and have your name attached to it well it kind of means you endorsed it.

I don't think there is much real world value outside of internet fanboys for autographed outdated broken hardware signed by people making videos for NCIX. I'm not saying it wasn't pointless destruction, but it could be worse. There are people who buy expensive Apple products and smash them for fun. People like that are the real turds to be offended over.

How do you know it was broken hardware?

Obviously you don't understand why I made the post originally and don't see the wrong in it.  There is much wrong with doing stuff like this.  Does it mean that I myself haven't wanted to see certain things destroyed?  No.  I am just pointing out to Linus that he took a certain stance on things and I thought this was against what he believed in.  Also Linus just because you didn't partake in some of what was done in the video doesn't mean you are not linked to this.  You were paid to be a part of this video I assume and you put your name to it by being in it and so by allowing that to go on and have your name attached to it well it kind of means you endorsed it.

Stuff like the video I posted is what he's likely against. 

muh specs 

All parts black

nvm

muh specs 

All parts black

Stuff like the video I posted is what he's likely against. 

There was a CRT monitor smashed in the video Linus was in. Do you think that is environmentally friendly?

There was a CRT monitor smashed in the video Linus was in. Do you think that is environmentally friendly?

Great. I had 5 of those myself some years ago, threw them away as most people do.

I have several PCs and laptops of about this age and I should have throwm them away like I did the rest of the crap years ago.

yah wanna know bad?

I have literally thrown away 100s of working PCs (dell optiplex, dual core/i3) with up to date hardware.

Company policy at my old it job.

It happens.

muh specs 

All parts black

How do you know it was broken hardware?

mouse and keyboard were broken to my knowledge and I had nothing to do with the PC and monitor. - Linus

:P

As for the monitor and PC...I've seen outdated units in public libraries running old Athlons and Pentiums that looked more high tech than those things. Maybe they worked, maybe they didn't. They were not rare and old relics anyway.

Edit: I still stand by that at least it wasn't new systems destroyed for the sake of being edgy on the internet. I would had flat out condemned such behaviour and even unsub from Linus' channel.

OT:

I use this forum a lot as you might be able to tell, so maybe you can humor my small request.

In any video, can you squeeze in the fact that Noctua fans are not literally the best fans ever, especially not in any arbitrary situation.

You can probably work that in to any heat sink or fan demo.

Error: 410

OT:

I use this forum a lot as you might be able to tell, so maybe you can humor my small request.

In any video, can you squeeze in the fact that Noctua fans are not literally the best fans ever, especially not in any arbitrary situation.

You can probably work that in to any heat sink or fan demo.

Delta Fans>Noctua.

CAUSE FUK DA NOISE POLICE!

muh specs 

All parts black