Disappointed Linus ....

DeViLzzz

OT:

I use this forum a lot as you might be able to tell, so maybe you can humor my small request.

In any video, can you squeeze in the fact that Noctua fans are not literally the best fans ever, especially not in any arbitrary situation.

You can probably work that in to any heat sink or fan demo.

perma-banned.

Obviously you don't understand why I made the post originally and don't see the wrong in it.  There is much wrong with doing stuff like this.  Does it mean that I myself haven't wanted to see certain things destroyed?  No.  I am just pointing out to Linus that he took a certain stance on things and I thought this was against what he believed in.  Also Linus just because you didn't partake in some of what was done in the video doesn't mean you are not linked to this.  You were paid to be a part of this video I assume and you put your name to it by being in it and so by allowing that to go on and have your name attached to it well it kind of means you endorsed it.

You can interpret it however you want. I was there for the part of the video that I participated in, and then I left.

No, I didn't get paid for this one. It took like 15 minutes.

I didn't even see the script (outside of my part) and watched the completed video for the first time today just like everyone else.

It is what it is. They scrapped a CRT monitor. Not the most eco friendly thing ever, but given that they broke it in the main truck entrance to the warehouse, I'm sure they were told to clean it up really well and dispose of it the same way NCIX gets rid of all their e-waste.

perma-banned.

eat a potato

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

perma-banned.

It would be awesome if you made a video of an AIO radiator with high pressure delta fans on it though. For fun.

Like this one

That's on a rough surface and round objects. I used a less powerful 24v one to blow a toolbox off of my desk. They are fun.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

You can interpret it however you want. I was there for the part of the video that I participated in, and then I left.

No, I didn't get paid for this one. It took like 15 minutes.

I didn't even see the script (outside of my part) and watched the completed video for the first time today just like everyone else.

It is what it is. They scrapped a CRT monitor. Not the most eco friendly thing ever, but given that they broke it in the main truck entrance to the warehouse, I'm sure they were told to clean it up really well and dispose of it the same way NCIX gets rid of all their e-waste.

Thanks for acknowledging some of my concerns with the video acknowledging this was not the most eco friendly thing ever done when looking at what was done with the monitor.  As for not knowing what was going on with the entire video I guess if you are concerned at all about what went on in the video and maybe what will happen in the future with videos from NCIX then maybe next time you will ask to read the whole script but hey it is up to you.  It is your name and you know what you can tolerate being associated with it.  We all have to live our lives the way we want to.  I am just saying I am very disappointed with much of what happened in that video and nothing can change my mind on that.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Thanks for acknowledging some of my concerns with the video acknowledging this was not the most eco friendly thing ever done when looking at what was done with the monitor.  As for not knowing what was going on with the entire video I guess if you are concerned at all about what went on in the video and maybe will happen in the future then maybe next time you will ask to read the whole script but hey it is up to you.  It is your name and you know what you can tolerate being associated with it.  We all have to live our lives the way we want to.  I am just saying I am very disappointed with much of what happened in that video and nothing can change my mind on that.

It's their channel and their image in my mind. Don't expect to see hardware destruction on Linus Tech Tips or Tech Quickie though.

It's their channel and their image in my mind. Don't expect to see hardware destruction on Linus Tech Tips or Tech Quickie though.

dont take this the wrong way, but i love you

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Yao-Ming-fuck-that-bitch-pff-meme.png

OOOOKAYYY Linus.. :D :lol:  *cough* laptop in the rain, throwing ax 1200i off the roof *cough*

Details separate people.

are we going to see the behind-the-scenes footage of the Dark Rock Pro 3 video?

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Yao-Ming-fuck-that-bitch-pff-meme.png

OOOOKAYYY Linus.. :D :lol:  *cough* laptop in the rain, throwing ax 1200i off the roof *cough*

Laptop was left in the rain unintentionally

And I was pretty sure the AX1500i was still going to work. It's packed really well.

Both items work. No hardware destroyed. Try again son!!!!

are we going to see the behind-the-scenes footage of the Dark Rock Pro 3 video?

Is there some reason you'd want to? I don't think we have any...

Is there some reason you'd want to? I don't think we have any...

an excerpt from my fanfiction - 

Linus approached Slick. Slick's unkempt facial hair had a hint of yellow from his lunch of chicken soup.

"h-hey Slick"

Linus was nervous. He hadn't approached a boy like this since he was left by his wife because of a similar interaction

"do you need help with that heatsink? your strong hands don't seem to... fit"

he bit his lip

"I'd love help" said slick as he looked into Linus's beady eyes

"but first, we need to discharge you of static"

Slick took Linus's head into his hands and their lips met

Linus took Slick's heatsink and applied the proper thermal paste

His heatsink felt warm against Linus's LGA1150 bracket. he knew he wanted it

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Laptop was left in the rain unintentionally

And I was pretty sure the AX1500i was still going to work. It's packed really well.

Both items work. No hardware destroyed. Try again son!!!!

Meh, i give up... <_< , well there the bam launcher where you almost destroyed lukes 'hardware' :blink: but its still working i guess xD

Details separate people.

Interesting discussion. However I wonder how much 'environmental damage' has been done/is being done just creating/responding/maintaining/archiving this one thread. Let alone that one video in relation to the mouse, keyboard, monitor, and case with hardware. Just because it wasn't shown in the video, doesn't mean they just left it in the loading dock, or drove down to the ocean and turfed it in like no big deal. I see where you might be coming from in your objection to Linus' previous views on just randomly breaking perfectly good devices, but this is not really what is going on here. Everyone makes exceptions, as I'm sure you yourself have done many, many times in your own life DeVilzzz.

Interesting discussion. However I wonder how much 'environmental damage' has been done/is being done just creating/responding/maintaining/archiving this one thread. Let alone that one video in relation to the mouse, keyboard, monitor, and case with hardware. Just because it wasn't shown in the video, doesn't mean they just left it in the loading dock, or drove down to the ocean and turfed it in like no big deal. I see where you might be coming from in your objection to Linus' previous views on just randomly breaking perfectly good devices, but this is not really what is going on here. Everyone makes exceptions, as I'm sure you yourself have done many, many times in your own life DeVilzzz.

For the record I have never thrown electronics into the garbage yet.  I also have never destroyed anything like I saw happen to that monitor in the video.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

For the record I have never thrown electronics into the garbage yet.  I also have never destroyed anything like I saw happen to that monitor in the video.

Nobody is perfect, we still like you.  ^_^