How Do People Become Mods?

There are several criteria:

1. You must be a fan of Noctua

2. At all times we must have a 50/50 balance between Australians and everyone else, so you may be disqualified depending on how many Aussies we currently have or don't have

3. You must hate Skype, but also be willing to use it all day every day

4. Eligibility for security clearance up to Top Secret

5. Sex

1. Check

2. I'm not an Aussie, so I'll have to find the official number on that

3. I do hate Skype, and have tried to forget all memories of it... Using it daily may trigger my PTSD again (get it, post traumatic SKYPE disorder?!)

4. I've played watch dogs, so I know how to hack. No need for official clearance  :ph34r:

5. Yes, I sex.

not by asking

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

2. At all times we must have a 50/50 balance between Australians and everyone else, so you may be disqualified depending on how many Aussies we currently have or don't have

5. Sex

1. Done.

2. Seems easy enough.

3. Couldn't hate it yet use it more... Random call drops, poor quality, and very unreliable...

4. I might be able to.

5. Why is this one of them?

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Not asking TOO become one, just curious how people do

I was being sarcastic. :D

Honestly though, I would think not asking to be one, and being a trusted person by Linus/Slick/mods would be enough.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

5. Sex

you mean as in a massive orgie like ssoele mg2r looney and ixi are having right now? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I heard a rumor to be mod you had to survive a trip over the equator in an aussie NAVY submarine.  :blink:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Being a mod is a time consuming process.

I know some people wanted me to be a mod, but I really can't.. not currently at least. While I have time in the summer, due to university, I just can't. I know I won't be a good mod during that time. In addition, you want to be participating in different section of the forum, which is also time consuming. Moreover, I don't think I contribute enough, properly that is, to the forum to even be selected. Many of the current mods played part in its creation, from my understanding.

Also, you only need so much mods on a forum. If the current mods have no problem monitoring the forum, then I think, even if you are seen as a potentially good mod, and you are willing to take the task, and challenge (as you have a certain level of status to maintain on what you say), you might not be able to be one, until the forum grows bigger, or a mod retires from its title.

you mean as in a massive orgie like ssoele mg2r looney and ixi are having right now? 

Precisely

Being a mod is a time consuming process.

I know some people wanted me to be a mod, but I really can't.. not currently at least. While I have time in the summer, due to university, I just can't. I know I won't be a good mod during that time. In addition, you want to be participating in different section of the forum, which is also time consuming. Moreover, I don't think I contribute enough, properly that is, to the forum to even be selected. Many of the current mods played part in its creation, from my understanding.

Also, you only need so much mods on a forum. If the current mods have no problem monitoring the forum, then I think, even if you are seen as a potentially good mod, and you are willing to take the task, and challenge (as you have a certain level of status to maintain on what you say), you might not be able to be one, until the forum grows bigger, or a mod retires from its title.

Nobody has time for serious posts.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5. Sex

Fan of Noctua

post-96655-0-45113600-1406630225.jpg

You have to be as good looking as me, but also competent with computers, unlike me

Also you need 3 hands

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

not by asking

Not asking! I'm curious; clearly, I'm not a prime candidate for mods. 750 posts? One warning :o?

You have to be as good looking as me, but also competent with computers, unlike me

Also you need 3 hands

Check, Damn, Damn :(

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Reporting is good way to help mods and show you mean good. Like reporting posts that are doubles or in wrong place rather than increasing your own post count by posting "Repost" or "Wrong section" to them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 6 months later...

5. Sex

1. Done, use them in ever build I do for friends

2. cool

3. HATE SKYPE! ​facetime's better

4. Know how to haxorz wifi; not necessary 

5. :/ asexual; no can do...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Locked: necro.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB