Show off your latest purchases

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

PT?    They demoted you for not doing enough push-ups or something?  That's dumb of them.  

There's time limits for ranks?

Cool.  What will you be going to school for?

That car looks awesome.  I'm starting to look for a car myself and I really hope I find one that looks as nice as this.

I've mostly looked at Honda and Toyota because my parents (sort-of helping me look) say they're super reliable brands but honestly I'd love a ford like this.  My mom has a 2006 Ford Escape hybrid and I love it.  The seats are comfortable to me and the steering wheel materiel feels nice and let's you get a firm grip and overall the car feels nice to drive.  

I think a friend, possibly former friend since they've gone radio silent for a few months so idk what their deal is, had a Ford Focus and I really liked it.  

Though my parents have had bad experiences with fords so they're all like don't buy a ford.

Maybe I should buy a ford just to see hear an epic groan from my parents?  lol

Or would that be too mean?  ?

I'm starting classes for computer science in August. 

52 minutes ago, linkboy said:

I'm starting classes for computer science in August. 

Cool.  I just got my master's in library science not nearly as hard as you might think. ?  Though in another life I might've liked to have done something computer related too.  

48 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Yaaaaaassss

Food near a computer makes me nervous but enjoy whatever you got.  ?

(I can't read all the wrappers and idk what's in the cup.)

21 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Food near a computer makes me nervous but enjoy whatever you got.  ?

(I can't read all the wrappers and idk what's in the cup.)

I did and it was delicious.

Double-Chalupa-602x400.png

Drink was also Mt Dew spiked lemonade.

32 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I did and it was delicious.

Drink was also Mt Dew spiked lemonade.

Not a fan of tomatoes and sour cream sorry.  ?

The extent of my Taco Bell adventures is pretty much limited to basic hard shell tacos, pintos and cheese (I think that's what it's called?), and cinnamon twists.  

I'm boring and picky.  lol

That mountain lemonade stuff sounds worth a try though.  ?

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Not a fan of tomatoes and sour cream sorry.  ?

The extent of my Taco Bell adventures is pretty much limited to basic hard shell tacos, pintos and cheese (I think that's what it's called?), and cinnamon twists.  

I'm boring and picky.  lol

That mountain lemonade stuff sounds worth a try though.  ?

lol, had them take the tomatoes off it. Not a fan of those red slices of no haha..well, in their natural form. Totally down when it's in sauce form. Drink is also pretty good. You can sometimes find them in can form.

16 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

lol, had them take the tomatoes off it. Not a fan of those red slices of no haha..well, in their natural form. Totally down when it's in sauce form. Drink is also pretty good. You can sometimes find them in can form.

I thought I was the only one!  ?    I hate tomatoes but I like ketchup.  

Just like I don't like actual cherries but I like code red Mountain Dew.  

I'll have to keep an eye out.  Not sure if I've seen cans of that stuff but you never know what you might find when you actively try to find it.   

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Sorry.  I feel like my comments are being interpreted as an attack against your choice which is not what I meant them to be.  

While out of the box it isn't the best for gaming you're right that is a better value it would cost a decent amount more to get an Intel CPU that would beat the 1500X by enough to be worth having instead of it.  

I would suggest getting a better cooler though.  Overclocking it will help squeeze extra performance and an aftermarket cooler will let you push the 1500X higher.  

Something like a Cryorig H7 would be perfect if you're looking for value.  It's like $35 and works great on my 6700K.  

Though you might have to contact Cryorig to get AM4 mounting hardware since Idk if they started including it with their coolers yet if they have plans to do so.

Again sorry if I offended you I wasn't meaning to do that.  ?

Naw, you didn't offend me.  I was just laying out the benefits of Ryzen 5 over Core i5s.  

I'm not spending the money on an aftermarket cooler right now because the AMD stock cooler is so good.  I'm only planning a modest overclock anyways, and if I plan to ramp up higher, I still have my T2. :P

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

4 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

Naw, you didn't offend me.  I was just laying out the benefits of Ryzen 5 over Core i5s.  

I'm not spending the money on an aftermarket cooler right now because the AMD stock cooler is so good.  I'm only planning a modest overclock anyways, and if I plan to ramp up higher, I still have my T2. :P

That's a relief.  ?

That works but I'd pay close attention when at high loads to make sure it's not getting hotter than you want or is safe for the 1500X.  

Idk if I'd trust a cooler named after a movie with an evil liquid metal android that tries to kill people.  ?

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

That's a relief.  ?

That works but I'd pay close attention when at high loads to make sure it's not getting hotter than you want or is safe for the 1500X.  

Idk if I'd trust a cooler named after a movie with an evil liquid metal android that tries to kill people.  ?

Just look up reviews of the Wraith coolers, they're actually decent. 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

3 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Just look up reviews of the Wraith coolers, they're actually decent. 

Decent yes but looking at that first video you showed me yesterday it shows that while at stock the 1500X cooler kept it just below 70C it got up to almost 90C after they overclocked the 1500X.

Idk what the danger limit is for Ryzen or what they preferable limit to avoid lifespem reduction is but 88C sounds a bit high for me to be comfortable.

I will say again that for a stock cooler it does seem AMD did a pretty good job.  That you can OC at all without it lighting on fire is proof of that.  

image.png

Yolo

14989378512811300875522.jpg

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

12 hours ago, Pascal... said:

The wonderboom looks awesome too. Why chose this over it? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Ar Ge Purtatoes!

Sweet_Potato_10.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On 7/2/2017 at 2:29 AM, Bleedingyamato said:

I will say again that for a stock cooler it does seem AMD did a pretty good job.  That you can OC at all without it lighting on fire is proof of that.  

I kinda want to jerry rig the wraith fan and shroud onto an older 125tdp amd stock cooler and see what the results are like.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Picked this up (ASUS C100PA Chromebook Flip) at Microcenter on clearance. Supposedly retails for $250, but I see it going on ebay in the $100-200 range. A steal at $41.96

20170703_065133.jpg.287e84647297655ba45199365f1ad553.jpg

I bought one of these for my mother's iPhone 6 Plus. Since her old case was very beat up and her battery life isnt the greatest I bought it new. To say the least she really likes it

20170703_105148.jpg

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

2 hours ago, silentprototipe said:

I bought one of these for my mother's iPhone 6 Plus. Since her old case was very beat up and her battery life isnt the greatest I bought it new. To say the least she really likes it

It's a nice thought but those are very overpriced for how little they add to total battery life.  

A a better option would be a small Anker battery pack (under $20 USD) and a nice Anker braided nylon lightning cable (about $12-15 USD and much cheaper than a less nice Apple brand cable btw)

You'd be able to completely recharge any iPhone at least one full time likely more and save a lot of money.  Simply for not having the battery in the phone case.

Check out Anker's website if you'd ever be interested.  I've got multiple Anker battery packs and love them.  

Though having an extra battery on the phone could be rather convenient. 

7 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It's a nice thought but those are very overpriced for how little they add to total battery life.  

A a better option would be a small Anker battery pack (under $20 USD) and a nice Anker braided nylon lightning cable (about $12-15 USD and much cheaper than a less nice Apple brand cable btw)

You'd be able to completely recharge any iPhone at least one full time likely more and save a lot of money.  Simply for not having the battery in the phone case.

Check out Anker's website if you'd ever be interested.  I've got multiple Anker battery packs and love them.  

Though having an extra battery on the phone could be rather convenient. 

I like monoprice's battery bank, got a USB C 10Ah unit for <20$

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I like monoprice's battery bank, got a USB C 10Ah unit for <20$

Never used those.  Is it decent?    Not that I need USB C on the battery pack but it's not bad to have it if you'd want it.  

Link?    Idk who sells those.  

4 hours ago, spartanvi said:

Picked this up (ASUS C100PA Chromebook Flip) at Microcenter on clearance. Supposedly retails for $250, but I see it going on ebay in the $100-200 range. A steal at $41.96

Nice, you struggle to find cheap Chinese android tablets at that price. 

8 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Never used those.  Is it decent?    Not that I need USB C on the battery pack but it's not bad to have it if you'd want it.  

Link?    Idk who sells those.  

Must have been on sale when I bought it

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15120

Seems fine at 3A

On 01/07/2017 at 2:20 AM, GamingMemeKing said:

(Also have a Asus Strix 1060 which will be used but not in photo. I'll also buy a 6th 1060 in 3 weeks time.)

giphy-downsized.gif.7d6dafc975ef57842cb85a9747fd8e2c.gif

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

giphy-downsized.gif.7d6dafc975ef57842cb85a9747fd8e2c.gif

Because MiNInG

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just now, tmcclelland455 said:

Because MiNInG

oh....