Show off your latest purchases

Bought various stuff that arrived during the last week:

Xiamoi Mi Robot: for around 270$ incl. shipping.

Xiaomi-Mi-Robot-Vacuum-im-Test-3.jpg

Always wanted to try robot vacuums and since I recently got my own flat (which is perfect for these things, since I don't have any carpets due to an allergy and mostly hardwood floors on one level) and it works like charm. Navigation is pretty much  on point, similar to the top of the line iRobot Roombas at ~800 - 900$ that are equipped with a camera (this one uses laser mapping, hence the spinning thing on the top). Takes around an hour to clean my 65m² / 700 ft² flat.

Mighty Audio Player:

14729375_639905199502190_831178647243340

My first ever Indiegogo purchase - an iPod Shuffle-like device that enables you to take 4GB of Spotify music out for a run without your bulky phone. Additionally got some cheap bluetooth earbuds by Anker and the combo is plain awesome. I hate the weight of my phone of even keys in my pocket while running, but since this thing only weights a few grams and there are no cables attached, the experience is pretty nice. Battery life currently only lasts for ~5 hours when using bluetooth (software is kinda beta right now), but that is still enough for my use case so it does not bother me.

And finally, two kinds of liquid happyness:

Ron-Botucal-Reserva-Exclusiva-40-07l.jpg

One of the first bottles of "finer" rum I've ever bought, but it just nails my taste.

51klwD3ngeL._SL1024_.jpg

No idea what this is called in English, but it's balsamic vinegar in a more cream-like form and less liquid. Works very well with many things. This one - as stated on the pic - also contains cocoa.

Now, imagine the following: a bowl of strawberries, whipped cream and this, if possible garnished with a pretty girl by your side on a sofa or a blanket in the shadow of a tree... :P Works 99% of the time, unless you date one of those fitness freaks that are like "Eww, calories" :D

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Surge protector *finally* got here. Now I can run power from the outlet on my wall into my closet where my router+switch, laptop (read: network bridge) and Plex server all live. Also thank god for this one having an angled connector (kinda wish the one for my "entertainment dresser" as I call it had one but eh)...

IMG_20170708_162725.jpg?width=624&height

IMG_20170708_162836.jpg

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

IMG_20170708_152003_zpsgs02pmsk.jpg

After going through more tests and adding HD Sentinel which told me the estimated life remaining on the 500GB drive was really low (it was less then 90 days) I decided to take it back and it was replaced with an identical drive that wasn't recertified (however, I think that only using HDTune to check drives is stupid) and has better SMART data.

is a 1700 with b350 Mobo good or bad?

JPEG_20170708_175749.jpg

Picked up Lg's 55 inch 4k OLED Curved TV from 2016. $1,400...I think that's a great deal. I am not a huge fan of webOS but since it's only netflix + youtube + hdmi source that I'll ever use, I can live with it. Also not the TV's fault but my ISP is garbage (CENTURYLINK) and I can only get 10mbps, so no 4K streaming at the moment. The most important part - the image - is amazing even at 1080p or 1440p. And this TV really doesn't need a soundbar or anything, the internal speakers are fantastic considering how thin the tv is. 

uQ6ZXBU.jpg?2

silverstone GD09 kawaii edition.(properly add rem & ram on the left later or something)

only change case cause i dont really have desk space, using it as a 2 in 1 lol case and monitor stand :P

19821178_10210157901610423_1507581432_o.thumb.jpg.b4857bf2a22d068b2b2eab5d4c026e2f.jpg

19830051_10210157908130586_692302575_o.thumb.jpg.aa0c259e70383d7230e8a8629eba7f1c.jpg

lives on

BAKABT

Thanks

@Pascal...

Getting hammed 2nite boi Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cribs a popping 4am

Just now, yathis said:

-snip-

You`re Welcome

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Airbox and expansion chamber for a go-kart

19893582_1759013817460205_1569103474_o.thumb.jpg.4cd7e3df5ce7a624655e84efd0fb237c.jpg

19897801_1759013724126881_1960977577_o.thumb.jpg.7484db540252b12f1c473f4088ba534e.jpg

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

On July 6, 2017 at 7:55 PM, demonix00 said:

It's a very well known second hand reseller called CeX that has stores in several countries including the USA, so I can easily take the 500GB drive back with the weight of the diagnostic test results on it but the drive still has a two year warranty (although I've heard that they can become quite the dicks when trying to get stuff sorted) so if I decide to keep it and it gives up the ghost then I can get it replaced (since a knackered drive can't be fixed).

I'm also guessing that they only did a SMART check on the drive and got the same results I got from the WD diagnostics software.

That's good a return will be easy to do.  

Hopefully you have better luck with a new drive.  

20170710_141223.jpg?width=678&height=382

This just arrived today.  Unfortunately, the motherboard won't be here till Friday.

I paid shipping from Newegg, I don't think it should take two weeks as a result.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

This just arrived today.  Unfortunately, the motherboard won't be here till Friday.

I paid shipping from Newegg, I don't think it should take two weeks as a result.

What shipping speed did you select?    Two weeks is a bit ridiculous if you gave them money for shipping.  

49 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Snip

That's a nice PSU I'm pretty sure.  Replacement for your rig or new build?

19 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What shipping speed did you select?    Two weeks is a bit ridiculous if you gave them money for shipping.  

Super EggSaver.... which is 4 to 7 business days, not 14...

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

47 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Super EggSaver.... which is 4 to 7 business days, not 14...

You may want to consider calling newegg to discuss the matter with them.

21 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Failed caps days after my warranty ended on the Azza/Superflower.  So, replacement.  Vash had a few issues from the case to the PSU, and I think the mobo too.  I normally don't go for refurbed mobos, but this was directly from Gigabyte.

What's Azza?    Superflower is like the best of the best for PSU brands isn't it?  I'm surprised you had one of their's die on you.

Where'd you order the motherboard from?  I assume gigabyte doesn't sell things directly.

I prefer new items almost exclusively but if used/refurbished is your only option then you make do.  If it's coming from the manufacturer I'd think it should be safe to use.   

56 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Azza is a shady sounding brand that makes shady looking PSUs, but they're generally amazing.  What happened was the old house had bad wiring and the power company clicking the power off on the wrong day messing up the caps that and it was 1000w lower end Superflower anyway, that or another issue shorted my mobo, and the case had serious wiring damage cuz cheap brand.  I replaced the case with an Enthoo Pro M.  The mobo was sold by Gigabyte on their website.  They refurb RMAed boards and put them back to new factory condition.  Plus, it's a Haswell based board, so new z97s are mostly low-end ones.

That a rather annoying run of bad luck.  Hopefully you have a better experience with this new PSU.  

20 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, the PSU at least lasted me 3 years and I only needed that much headroom for a 280x crossfire OCed + a 9370 OC at 4.9.  The 750w is for a fury + 4790k.  Vash without OCs alone is 500w~ alone due to all the other stuff too. xD As for the case well that was a Xion and they put too much tension on the cable on the molex head that powered a few of the case's fans.  So, with all the "upgrades" I can now call it the 3.0 version of Vash.  But, ya now I'm broke which is more annoying to me. :/  

What do you have in Vash that needs 500W?    I've got a stock speed 6700K and a 1080 ti and I think the meter thing I have said it uses about 360W at most I think.  

Broke isn't too bad for brief periods of time so long as you have cool stuff to distract you.  

19 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

A fury+a 4790k I think makes up most of that.  Together they equal roughly 363w before all the other parts adding 100 something more.  Then again, that was just an estimate by PCPPer.

Ah.  If you ever want to know for certain a kill a watt meter like what I have isn't very much.  

phone.png.f2e886e43208bc5b4fc9da8ea53a2467.png

Just bought a new phone after dealing with a Lumia 930 that were half broken for IDK how long. :D 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.