I bought a CD today

Will

After torrenting Bastille's "All This Bad Blood" I thought it was so good I went out and got it for $10

This is the first time I have bought a CD in years and I felt pretty good for doing it, besides, 26 tracks for $10 AU is pretty good value for money in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on CDs, do you think they're obsolete or would you just rather download music digitally for free or a paid service?

Bastille_-_All_This_Bad_Blood.jpg

U wot m8? U bought a CD, are they not extinct by now? 

Just joking 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I like music cds but I just wish the cases for them were stronger.  I hate all the times I break cd cases.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I still by CD's, hell I still buy vinyls. I like the physical media much more than digital download. It may be because when I listen to music I usually do it on my stereo, not on my computer. Even with a "good PC DAC" there is a world of difference up to say a Pioneer PD-75.

I love CD's and also the good old vinyl here and there!

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

where do you buy dinosaurs for $10 in australia

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Buying a CD for music ???? .......... Does not compute .........

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

So far this week I've bought 3 CDs and 3 vinyls. I don't buy any music unless I get a physical copy.

FLAC torrents FTW :P

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

If I had all my music on CD I'd live in a house made of CDs.

They are archaic and soon will die, FLAC FTW.

I'll buy CDs until ITunes or Amazon starts selling WAV/FLAC.
That's the only reason why I still have a CD/DVD drive in my PC.
Same goes for movies you can't stream/download a movie in real Blu-Ray quality.

RTX2070OC 

I'll buy CDs until ITunes or Amazon starts selling WAV/FLAC.

That's the only reason why I still have a CD/DVD drive in my PC.

But iTunes does sell Apple Lossless I believe. They will not go to another standard and tbh there is no reason why you couldn't make anything out of Apple Lossless without 'loss' LOL :D

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

If Lars Ulrich could see some of the people on this post he'd flip his sh*t

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

But iTunes does sell Apple Lossless I believe. They will not go to another standard and tbh there is no reason why you couldn't make anything out of Apple Lossless without 'loss' LOL :D

You can barely buy those from any artists and they cost more money.

RTX2070OC 

You can barely buy those from any artists and they cost more money.

They cost more? That is such a ripoff since it legitimately does not cost more to provide... Retarded...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I honestly thought the thread title was

"I bought a CD key today."

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I still buy CDs on occasion but I mostly download and stream music.  

After torrenting Bastille's "All This Bad Blood" I thought it was so good I went out and got it for $10

This is the first time I have bought a CD in years and I felt pretty good for doing it, besides, 26 tracks for $10 AU is pretty good value for money in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on CDs, do you think they're obsolete or would you just rather download music digitally for free or a paid service?

I would just buy it on iTunes if it was me

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

320Kbps MP3 FTW!!!

But seriously... I would have a decent amount of CDs if I copied my entire collection to them (like 4 or 5 gigs worth, maybe 3 to 5 days long)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

This is the first CD you ever bought? Damn I was buying Vinyls and cassettes years before music on CD became more widespread and I still remember that my first discman was almost like whichcraft to me.

Your thread made me feel old.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I like buying cd's (I rip them when i get them though. So i have a backup)

And my car doesn't have an AUX jack. it only has a CD player.

If i ever get the time to do it i'll organize all my cds and vinyls. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't disagree with you there, although a "good PC DAC" is not the end of the line.

Even though i own highend record and cd players i love the DAC, it's one like this here: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/naim4/1.jpg

When i listen to music, that's all stereo as well, but the quality of high end digital audio files (talking of 192kHz+ sample rate and approx. 5000 kb/s)

lets every Vinyl plate and CD sound flat as a pancake.

Interesting, in my opinion it's entirely the other way around. I always find files to be very clinical and lifeless, where as in the vinyl (and even CD with a good drive) you can really feel that breath of life the analog format gives it (Yes, CD's are considered digital but in reality it is still very much analog). I'm am well aware of the fact that there are better DACs available than the ones everyone on here are talking about, I myself use a Meridian 563 (mainly for my drive but I have been running it with my PC as well), but the files falls flat on the floor compared to the analog media.

This is the first CD you ever bought? Damn I was buying Vinyls and cassettes years before music on CD became more widespread and I still remember that my first discman was almost like whichcraft to me.

Your thread made me feel old.

It's the first CD I've bought in years, I've bought CDs in the past, don't worry, you're not that old