I bought a CD today

Will

I'm just saying it's ridiculous that you can't legally do the same things with an iTunes copy that you can with a physical copy.

With a physical copy, you can trade it, sell it, use it on every device you own and lend it to your friend. 

I am pretty sure it says on CD something like thispOcdM.png

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The only physical media I buy are Blu Rays :D 

I'm just saying it's ridiculous that you can't legally do the same things with an iTunes copy that you can with a physical copy.

With a physical copy, you can trade it, sell it, use it on every device you own and lend it to your friend. 

I found this in the EULA

"You may use the audio CD to which you have burned your iTunes Products in the same ways in which you may use an audio CD purchased from a retail store, subject to UK copyright laws."

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I found this in the EULA

"You may use the audio CD to which you have burned your iTunes Products in the same ways in which you may use an audio CD purchased from a retail store, subject to UK copyright laws."

I stand corrected.

Perhaps I'm only recalling an old TOS or something.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I stand corrected.

Perhaps I'm only recalling an old TOS or something.

Its cool, at least I know I am not doing anything I am not supposed to

I understand peoples reservations about its usability, and I wish it went back to the old style

But as a store and music player for 90% of people it is perfectly servicable, that is all I was getting at, maybe for audio purists and anti apple users there are better alternatives, but I find so many people are like "eww itunes" when its actually a pretty robust piece of software, especially if you use other apple devices

I love the automatic artwork feature, it always seems to get meta data accurately, it has EQ options (sure maybe not the best) it has some great audio conversion and backup software and cd ripping/burning etc

I use CDs everyday, I can't buy a computer that doesn't have an optical drive, and it makes me feel weird how weirded out you are by CDs._.

Kyuubixchidori, on 25 Jul 2014 - 5:29 PM, said:

are you guys kidding? If you love a band, there is nothing better then a signed album

Exactly! I've got a few signed albums as well and I would never sell those. They'll remain with me for the rest of my life :)

Also with vinyls you often get gorgeous cover art, I recently bought this:

aU65UpK.jpg

Now if only I could get it signed By Don Rosa :)

God bless diversity ;-)

However, a lot has happened in the last 2 decades regarding digital audio and D/A converting.

I would love to take you on a musical trip and show you what a decent DAC paired with highend audio equipment and files can do, but i guess you live at least 1000km too far away ;)

But let's be honest. I think we can agree on the fact that nothing beats live performance :)

Yes, thank god we're not all alike. :D For me personally I'm yet to have the pleasure to listen to a DAC that surpasses the 563 for me, however I'm of course always open. And we can most definitely agree that live performance is the best (if the soundman is halfway decent). ;)

Exactly! I've got a few signed albums as well and I would never sell those. They'll remain with me for the rest of my life :)

Also with vinyls you often get gorgeous cover art, I recently bought this:

Now if only I could get it signed By Don Rosa :)

Wouldn't mind having Tuomas' signature on there either. ;)

Hans Christian | Teri, on 25 Jul 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Wouldn't mind having Tuomas' signature on there either. ;)

That'd work too :). It would probably be easier for me to get Tuomas' signature as we both live in the same country. I do have some books signed By Don Rosa though, I met him when he visited Finland in 2001.

That'd work too :). It would probably be easier for me to get Tuomas' signature as we both live in the same country. I do have some books signed By Don Rosa though, I met him when he visited Finland in 2001.

How's the album? I'm a bit of a fan of Tuomas (especially with the rest of the gang) but I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet.

How's the album? I'm a bit of a fan of Tuomas (especially with the rest of the gang) but I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet.

I haven't actually listened to it yet, been a bit busy these last few days with all sorts of things, but this weekend I should have time to sit down, enjoy a glass or two of some good single malt scotch and listen to properly :)

I haven't actually listened to it yet, been a bit busy these last few days with all sorts of things, but this weekend I should have time to sit down, enjoy a glass or two of some good single malt scotch and listen to properly :)

Haha, exactly the way I would do it. :D

Last CD I bought was Arctic monkey's "AM" got it for my dad as a gift. Other then that I don't think I ever bought a CD for myself haha

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

If I had all my music on CD I'd live in a house made of CDs.

They are archaic and soon will die, FLAC FTW.

Huh that's the same with me...entire ans select of be extremely poor as well

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

If it is a band that I really enjoy I will go out and buy their CD, Download the iTunes album and get a vinyl if they sell one.

Vinyl is coming back in fashion.

A lot of bands/ artists are releasing their latest albums on vinyl as well.

Last time I was in JB HI-FI they had bins and bins of vinyl albums. (Some new and some old)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review