I bought a CD today

Will

I would just buy it on iTunes if it was me

It cost $10 on iTunes as well, and I'd rather have something real

It cost $10 on iTunes as well, and I'd rather have something real

Yeah just sort of gotten rid of CDs now, not enough space in my house for the amount of music

I have it all on my server pushed out to my devices, CDs are just too inconvenient for me

I gave up on physical media when I started using iTunes and steam

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah just sort of gotten rid of CDs now, not enough space in my house for the amount of music

I have it all on my server pushed out to my devices, CDs are just too inconvenient for me

I gave up on physical media when I started using iTunes and steam

I agree, I haven't purchased a box copy game in years, but, I just wanted to give something back to the artist, and have a physical CD to have in the car.

That being said, I have a 32gb iPod with all my music on it in the car as well.

I agree, I haven't purchased a box copy game in years, but, I just wanted to give something back to the artist, and have a physical CD to have in the car.

That being said, I have a 32gb iPod with all my music on it in the car as well.

Well buying digital is still giving to the artist but CDs can be nice in the car (although I use spotify/plex)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I usually buy vinyl records because they almost always come with a download code for a FLAC version, and they last way longer than CDs

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I always buy psychical copies of artists that I really like whenever possible. (A lot of the artists I listen to though are out of country and the import costs can be insane..)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

are you guys kidding? If you love a band, there is nothing better then a signed album

Jngl58zl.jpg

Same goes for books!

10572811_340445946102859_236025569_n.jpg

Having a real paper book that's signed is way nicer than a digital distribution 

I would just buy it on iTunes if it was me

Fuck Itunes. As much as I like aac over mp3, I'd rather buy a cd than make into acc/

Fuck Itunes. As much as I like aac over mp3, I'd rather buy a cd than make into acc/

I never understood the hatred of iTunes (interface aside)

neither my car, nor my computer have a cd drive lol  spotify ftw

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

neither my car, nor my computer have a cd drive lol  spotify ftw

What car do you drive?

Constant update pop-ups, ridiculous terms of service, lack of FLAC support

"even though Apple now provides you with DRM-free files, all you own is a license to play your music on up to five devices under your control" source: http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/03/bruce-willis-itunes-music-library/

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It sounds like shit, The EQ seting are shitty. It's laggy as fuck. It skips more than a cd player and makes my pc run slow.

Constant update pop-ups, ridiculous terms of service, lack of FLAC support

"even though Apple now provides you with DRM-free files, all you own is a license to play your music on up to five devices under your control" source: http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/03/bruce-willis-itunes-music-library/

You can pretty much do whatever you want with it, stick it on a usb stick, burn your own cd, convert different file formats. I have my music stored on my server in plex, and plex on my iphone, chromecast, nvidia sheild, etc and push my music out to all of my devices, have it on my old acrhos and my iphone

FLAC , meh, and it updates very rarely to be honest

It sounds like shit, The EQ seting are shitty. It's laggy as fuck. It skips more than a cd player and makes my pc run slow.

"it sounds like shit" how? it sounds like the music you put into it. Not sure of the EQs so no comment, never found it laggy or skippy though, runs great even on an old celeron

hahahahahaha, no

You can pretty much do whatever you want with it, stick it on a usb stick, burn your own cd, convert different file formats. I have my music stored on my server in plex, and plex on my iphone, chromecast, nvidia sheild, etc and push my music out to all of my devices, have it on my old acrhos and my iphone

Thank you!

Not legally, no. That would be making unauthorized copies of a product. That's piracy.

hahahahahaha, no

"it sounds like shit" how? it sounds like the music you put into it. Not sure of the EQs so no comment, never found it laggy or skippy though, runs great even on an old celeron

It's always run like shit for me. even with 250-300ish AAC files. It never run right. makes my other shit unstable, I just hate itunes.

Not legally, no. That would be making unauthorized copies of a product. That's piracy.

Creating a backup copy of my media is not piracy , apple even recommend backing up songs to disc http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1382

And AFAIK do not prevent you burning a CD in iTunes to play in the car or in a cd player.

They also provide a convert built in to convert a file from AAC mp3 etc or from CD to lossless

It's always run like shit for me. even with 250-300ish AAC files. It never run right. makes my other shit unstable, I just hate itunes.

Strange, I have 98gb of music and its fine 

Creating a backup copy of my media is not piracy , apple even recommend backing up songs to disc http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1382

And AFAIK do not prevent you burning a CD in iTunes to play in the car or in a cd player.

They also provide a convert built in to convert a file from AAC mp3 etc or from CD to lossless

Strange, I have 98gb of music and its fine 

I just like foobar/winamp(before it died out) better. 

Using the file on more than 5 devices is specifically prohibited in Apple's EULA. Plus if you want to let a friend borrow your CD, that's considered piracy in Apple's eyes.

I just like foobar/winamp(before it died out) better. 

That is fair enough :) I never liked the aesthetics of winamp, foobar seems to get great writeups, I just cant be bothered switching

Using the file on more than 5 devices is specifically prohibited in Apple's EULA. Plus if you want to let a friend borrow your CD, that's considered piracy in Apple's eyes.

I would not give my friends my CDs, they are purely for archive/in car purposes. Well its not on more than 5, it is streamed to multiple devices though, which I do not think is even mentioned in the EULA

EDIT: actually the EULA only says you cannot use itunes on more than 5 computers, NOT that you cannot sync music to more than 5 devices - I cannot find that clause

Besides is ripping a CD to mp3 not considered the same thing?  which is not illegal providing they are for personal use

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-03/28/copyright-reform

That is fair enough :) I never liked the aesthetics of winamp, foobar seems to get great writeups, I just cant be bothered switching

I would not give my friends my CDs, they are purely for archive/in car purposes. Well its not on more than 5, it is streamed to multiple devices though, which I do not think is even mentioned in the EULA

Besides is ripping a CD to mp3 not considered the same thing?  which is not illegal providing they are for personal use

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-03/28/copyright-reform

the last few times i've used itunes i noticed the bass is turned way the fuck up out of the box, not sure why it does that,

I'm just saying it's ridiculous that you can't legally do the same things with an iTunes copy that you can with a physical copy.

With a physical copy, you can trade it, sell it, use it on every device you own and lend it to your friend.