[Fud] AMD confirms 20nm in 2015

TwistedDictator

Lisa Su, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, AMD, has confirmed what we told you back in May 2014 – AMD’s 20nm products are coming next year

Without going into many details about the actual chips, Su confirmed our report during the company’s Q2 financial conference call.

"We (AMD) will be shipping products in 20 nanometre next year and as we move forward obviously a FinFET is also important,” said Su.

Source

Well its been a while :) Also if they make a new chip, it would be good. Lets not start a war but the 8350 did put a good fight agaist the 4770K (obviously the 4770K is faster but cost a lot more)

Speacil thanks to Fatal1sm for the benchmarks (a member on our forum)

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

NEW!!!

INTRODUCING THE AMD FX 8360, CODENAMED LAVA!!!

But seriously, it's about time AMD moved to a new process.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Wasn't this confirmed a long time ago

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

yah rumor has it that they have their own version of hyperthreading too. A 2015 arch refresh has been in the rumor mill for quite some time. Glad to hear a confirmation of sorts. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

New non APU stuff from AMD! I like APU's but they really need some more CPU power.

i'm a potato

Falls right into my update cycle, LOL

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

yah rumor has it that they have their own version of hyperthreading too. A 2015 arch refresh has been in the rumor mill for quite some time. Glad to hear a confirmation of sorts. 

if they introduce their own hypertrheading, will devs have to code for it?

i mean, hyperthreading is ancient, games that use hyperthreading are coming out now. 

but i guess at least they will deliver CPUs to compete with intels pace

"We (AMD) will be shipping products in 20 nanometre next year and as we move forward obviously a FinFET is also important,” said Su.

why does this sound very unprofessional? 

also of course it will be FinFET... if they want to lower the power consumption/transistor, they have to go FinFET...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

why does this sound very unprofessional? 

also of course it will be FinFET... if they want to lower the power consumption/transistor, they have to go FinFET...

It's AMD. Don't underestimate their ability to not include something like that. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Did you guys even read the article this is crap news,its for APU, again...

nothing-to-see-here-keep-walking.jpg

amd is dropping bulldozer in early/mid 2015. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Weather its for their new line of CPU's or GPU's atleast they are moving forward :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

It's AMD. Don't underestimate their ability to not include something like that. 

i dont think TSMC/GF would even make a <20nm part not FinFET... it would not work at all probably, too many losses for the size

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

i dont think TSMC/GF would even make a <20nm part not FinFET... it would not work at all probably, too many losses for the size

You are right, but the design process probably started out like this

so like I'm saying don't underestimate them. 

muh specs 

All parts black

rly amazing!!! .. only if AMD could alrdy have done this at the beggining of 2014 u.u. I'm hoping this new cpu, will literally be the same or even beat an i7 4th gen oc to 4.8.. also would be rly cool seeing the FX 8350 to drop down to $100 and 8320 $70.. so then tons of ppl can rly have a good cpu cheap on their machine.

I was about to make a big deal of the use of the term FUD but I see that's just your source.

In any case yeah, hopefully not just APUs

-------

Current Rig

-------

if they introduce their own hypertrheading, will devs have to code for it?

i mean, hyperthreading is ancient, games that use hyperthreading are coming out now. 

but i guess at least they will deliver CPUs to compete with intels pace

I think it would work the same. I would image the way windows handles SMT isn't intel specific. 

muh specs 

All parts black

rly amazing!!! .. only if AMD could alrdy have done this at the beggining of 2014 u.u. I'm hoping this new cpu, will literally be the same or even beat an i7 4th gen oc to 4.8.. also would be rly cool seeing the FX 8350 to drop down to $100 and 8320 $70.. so then tons of ppl can rly have a good cpu cheap on their machine.

Please improve your typing, you're dreaming if you think this will match even an i5

Also they can only drop the price of an 8350 so much, it has a huge die area and is already selling for half the original asking price

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Please improve your typing, you're dreaming if you think this will match even an i5

Also they can only drop the price of an 8350 so much, it has a huge die area and is already selling for half the original asking price

Who's to say it won't? Competition is healthy, an Intel monopoly is bad for everyone.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz, 1.3v with Corsair H100i - Motherboard: MSI MPOWER Z97 MAX AC - RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares @ 2133 - GPU1: Sapphire Radeon R9-290X BF4 Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 GPU2: PowerColor Radeon R9-290X OC Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 - SSD: 256GB OCZ Agility 4 - HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ- PSU: SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300w  - Case: NZXT Switch 810 (White) - Case fans: NZXT Blue LED Fans- Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Gaming Keyboard - Mouse: Logitech G600 - Heaphones: Logitech G930 - Monitors: ASUS PB287Q and Acer G246HYLbd -  Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

It seems like I have been supporting AMD today, its not because of my mood but its due to just idiot posts lol.

But anyway, AMD has a price drop so does that make it a bad thing? or do you always like the price super high. The AMD pulls a good fight with the i5/i7 and look how cheaper it is...

No need to be rude about people spelling, get your a*se out of your head. Dont be rude to members because you wouldnt like them telling you how stupid you are thinking "if the price drops it crap".  It 2014 price drops quick, Intel in the other hand keep their price high because they know consumers (fanboys) will buy no matter what.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

not surprising considering how late 28nm was to the party, i was always expecting paper show off launch in q4 with actual chips being sold feb next year

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Weather its for their new line of CPU's or GPU's atleast they are moving forward :)

Is this moving forward or catching up? I personally want to see them do something that will force Nvidia of their fat wallets and develop something to get me excited about pc hardware again. 

Honestly in the last 3 years the biggest announcements and developments in the enthusiasts world have been nothing short of underwhelming.  It's good to see 4k coming along but even that is slow, There has been a shit load of hype from AMD, Nvidia and Intel but when was the last time we saw some real performance upgrades from their Products?

Sorry for the rant...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It seems like I have been supporting AMD today, its not because of my mood but its due to just idiot posts lol.

But anyway, AMD has a price drop so does that make it a bad thing? or do you always like the price super high. The AMD pulls a good fight with the i5/i7 and look how cheaper it is...

No need to be rude about people spelling, get your a*se out of your head. Dont be rude to members because you wouldnt like them telling you how stupid you are thinking "if the price drops it crap".  It 2014 price drops quick, Intel in the other hand keep their price high because they know consumers (fanboys) will buy no matter what.

Who's to say it won't? Competition is healthy, an Intel monopoly is bad for everyone.

I didn't necessarily say a price drop wont happen, but you have to be realistic, at a certain point AMD will just be giving away money on FXs, The die for the FX procs is bigger than intel 2011 processors.

intels prices are high because they are ahead, if it was the opposite story AMD wouldn't be being nice and reducing their prices to help gamers, they are just at a disadvantage so they will take what they can get. I do hope AMD can put out something competitive, but right now i only consider their GPUs worth buying. I was looking forward to Steamroller, and that was nothing to be excited for, slightly lower power consumption at the same or worse performance.

I wasn't being rude, id just ask that people put some effort into typing, its alot easier to read and comprehend if the author uses proper grammer and all. Besides i wrote a total of 4 words on the subject of that users typing.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R