What CPU(s) Are You Running in Your Build(s)?

currently i5 3570k (gaming, video transcoding, light 2d graphic work, internets).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.30 GHz

Core 2 Quad Q6600  3.2 GHz

Core 2 Duo E6700 3.1 GHz

Pentium D 3.00 GHz

Pentium 4 3.00 GHz

Pentium 4 2.4 GHz

Pentium M 1.2 GHz

Someone really likes the lower end Intels lol. 

FX8350

Pentium 4 3.4GHZ HT 2MB  <-- dont know the model no out of my head lol

:D

Well, I started typing out my CPU lists... Then I realised, I have quite a few... CBF writing them all.

My three main

3770- Server

3770K- Main rig, does some server work too

4700MQ- YouTube videos @480p (I need all da threads)

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Have you rendered any videos on it before? 

It renders video decently fast in Final cut pro X but definitely not realtime since I shoot video in raw 

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

i5-4440 @ 3.10GHz.... It works well for me, don't frequently burden it with lots of stuff.

i have i5 2320 3.0 Ghz on gaming 

Pentium Dual Core E5300 2.6 Ghz in parent workstation pc

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

4770, really enjoy the integrated graphics, no gaming - strictly productivity.

4790k @ 4.8GHz at 1.285v

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

4790k @ 4.8GHz at 1.285v

Man that's the best I've ever seen. What did you run to see how stable that is? I ran occt on myb4.8 no issues and then went to fold and within 10 minutes got a bsod

Man that's the best I've ever seen. What did you run to see how stable that is? I ran occt on myb4.8 no issues and then went to fold and within 10 minutes got a bsod

I just used the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility stress tests. I havent run it for a whole day or anything, but I did run it for an hour and it past with the hottest core at 82 Degrees C on my H110 with two Bitfenix Spectre Pro's.

I have seen a couple better ones online here and there. Not many though, it seems I got a pretty good one.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

4770, really enjoy the integrated graphics, no gaming - strictly productivity.

I STILL think that chip is terribly pointless, but hey, whatever floats your boat man. 

i7-3770K, I know hyper threading is not needed for gaming but who knows if I may need it in the future.  It does good in gaming even though I have not overclocked it yet.  It also helps a bunch in my flight simulator which is very CPU intensive.

My Rig: i7-3770K, EVGA gtx980 SC, Asus P8-Z77 V-Pro, 2X Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, 1X 850 Evo 1TB SSD, Corsair Obsidian 650D, 2X8GB Gskill Ripjaws, Seasonic X-850w PSU, Corsair H100i, 2X Asus vg248qe, Corsair Sabre RGB, 2X Corsair K95 RGB, Hyper X Cloud II

Corsair Krew - Lifetime Member  ASUS Krew - Lifetime Member  Samsung Krew - Lifetime Member EVGA Krew - Lifetime Member  Intel Krew - Lifetime Member

i7-3770K, I know hyper threading is not needed for gaming but who knows if I may need it in the future.  It does good in gaming even though I have not overclocked it yet.  It also helps a bunch in my flight simulator which is very CPU intensive.

It's good for the flight simulator at least. 

8350 @4.7ghz in my main rig

750k in my LAN rig

Athlon x3 450 in my htpc

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I run an AMD 6300 overclocked @ 4.2Ghz in my main rig. I use it for everything I do from gaming occasionally, browsing the interwebz, and for lots of programming!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I STILL think that chip is terribly pointless, but hey, whatever floats your boat man.

Lol, its okay.  When people make a different choice from yourself, you really shouldn't take it as thought your choice is therefore incorrect, I expect I had very different requirements from your own - hence the different CPU choice.  I'm sure your CPU works really well for you, and my choice in no way should invalidate your choice.

All the best

Lol, its okay.  When people make a different choice from yourself, you really shouldn't take it as thought your choice is therefore incorrect, I expect I had very different requirements from your own - hence the different CPU choice.  I'm sure your CPU works really well for you, and my choice in no way should invalidate your choice.

All the best

My computer sucks ass. Lol

Secondly, the reason that chip is pointless is because the Xeon's give same performance for A LOT less. 

My computer sucks ass. Lol

Secondly, the reason that chip is pointless is because the Xeon's give same performance for A LOT less. 

Again my choice being different from what you think it should have been, isn't about you being wrong.  I made a choice that was and is the right one for me.  I'm sure you could find benchmarks and youtube videos, academic articles and a whole bunch of material that would support your view.  However it was my choice to make, I made it, and I am very happy with that choice.

APU anyone? :P A8-6600k 4,8 Ghz

Hm well 4,9 ignore that 10mhz missing.

post-107151-0-20543400-1405600737.jpg

post-107151-0-20543400-1405600737.jpg

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

the great amd A4-3300 APU for gaming,rendering,surfing,using maya ,3ds max ,adobe after effects,premier and everything....:)

many people think that xeon can be used for servers only, xeon is a good chip but after few years if u wish to sell xeon its gonna get less value campared to i7

many people think that xeon can be used for servers only, xeon is a good chip but after few years if u wish to sell xeon its gonna get less value campared to i7

The E3 Xeon's ARE i7's pretty much. Only with no iGPU and they can't be OC'd. Also I wouldn't sell the chip in the first place I'd probably keep it. 

Again my choice being different from what you think it should have been, isn't about you being wrong.  I made a choice that was and is the right one for me.  I'm sure you could find benchmarks and youtube videos, academic articles and a whole bunch of material that would support your view.  However it was my choice to make, I made it, and I am very happy with that choice.

It's fine that you're happy, I'm still explaining however that you could have saved money for the same performance. 

It's fine that you're happy, I'm still explaining however that you could have saved money for the same performance. 

You really have an issue with people making choices that are different from what you think they should make don't you.  Go on now, tell me again how you think a Xeon would have been better - can you stop yourself?