What CPU(s) Are You Running in Your Build(s)?

Well what do you define as a game? 

Awhhh come on, do you honestly not know where your profile picture comes from? Lol 

wow, ok I have so many systems.

2 i7 2600s

1 FX 8320

1 core 2 duo E8400

1 Athlon64 X2 6400+

1 Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.2Ghz (Awful CPU, overheats when idle, requires frequent cleaning, doesn't even support 64bit or more than 3.7GB of memory)

The 2600s and the FX 8320 I use as gaming & workstation powerhouses. 1 2600 I use as my main gaming system at my dorm my FX 8320 I use as my main gaming system at home and the second i7 2600 I use as a LAN party system.

The duel cores from intel & AMD I've used one in a build for my little sister to game on & one for general usage by the family.

I'm just waiting for the Pentium 4 system to die now basically. I also have two more Pentium 4s somewhere in my old motherboard box where I keep all the legacy stuff.

Damn man, sounds like you're set for a good while lol. What GPU's are you running in those?

AMD 9590 :D Use it for gaming(and still have lots of headroom :D) and some 3D modeling. And for when I have a billion tabs open in chrome. :D

Ew the 9590. Lol 

Ok, so the new 4790k is just clocked higher at stock with improved heat spreader and some power faze adjustments, I know other than that its the same CPU but the best OC I've seen on Devils Canyon is 4.8Ghz - H100i or custom loop. (not counting the cherry picked ones at Intel's reveal that hit 5Ghz on air)

Honestly, the 4790k is only for people serious about OC'ing. If I found a 4770k for like even 10 dollars less, I'd go for it. Since the most I'd do is probably 4.2 on it. But that's just me. 

Strange, wasn't there a similar thread to this a while back? Regardless, I have:

Main rig - LGA2011 i7 3960X

2nd rig - AMD AM3+ FX8350

3rd rig - AMD AM3 X6 1100T

4th rig - LGA775 C2Q X9650

5th rig - AMD AM2 X2 5200+

I did the GPU version of this post. Not sure about a CPU version, if there was, it wasn't by me. 

FX 8350. Way better than my Athlon x2 6000+.

Might build a HTPC with a pentium chip.

You should get that new Intel one and OC the heck out of it. :) 

well i use Intel Core i5 4690 @ 3,50 Ghz, which could be turbo speeded up to 3.90 Ghz. Use it for gaming mainly :), But when i use my pc every day it gets used for everything atm :D 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming RAM: 16GB DDR3 SSD/HDD: 250GB Crucial, 1TB Samsung HDD. Cooling/Case: Cryorig H7, BitFenix Neos  OS: Windows 10 Pro
  • Monitor: BenQ Zowie XL2411z 144hz 1080p 

Currently a A6 3400M APU, though in my new build I will be running a i5 4670K.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I have 6 PCs 

i7-2700k (main computer at my home, no reason to upgrade this for gaming and light office work.)

FX-8350 (computer I made when I visit at my parents.)

A8-5600k (Built a guest computer for my friends when they come over and want to game.)

A10-6800k (Lan party computer)

FX-8120 (Backup machine in case all my machines decide to die or something catastrophic happens. I have had stuff like that happen before lol.)

A crappy Centrino dual core laptop with a dead battery.

Damn man, sounds like you're set for a good while lol. What GPU's are you running in those?

So the 2 i7 2600s and the FX 8320 I use the same GPU a Gigabyte R9 290. I don't have three 290s just one that I take with me to my dorm & take it back when I go home, I also install it in the LAN party system when I go to LAN parties.

My little sister's system has an old HD 5770 which one of my friends gave me when he upgraded his system, I chose it because it consumes very little power & so I didn't need to upgrade my sister's 350W power supply.

The general usage Athlon family system has an HD 6850 which I also got from the same friend, the P4 system had an Nvidia 8400 GT which died & I replaced with my old ATi X600.

I have 6 PCs 

i7-2700k (main computer at my home, no reason to upgrade this for gaming and light office work.)

FX-8350 (computer I made when I visit at my parents.)

A8-5600k (Built a guest computer for my friends when they come over and want to game.)

A10-6800k (Lan party computer)

FX-8120 (Backup machine in case all my machines decide to die or something catastrophic happens. I have had stuff like that happen before lol.)

A crappy Centrino dual core laptop with a dead battery.

Lol damn dude. Rockin' the 6 huh? 

So the 2 i7 2600s and the FX 8320 I use the same GPU a Gigabyte R9 290. I don't have three 290s just one that I take with me to my dorm & take it back when I go home, I also install it in the LAN party system when I go to LAN parties.

My little sister's system has an old HD 5770 which one of my friends gave me when he upgraded his system, I chose it because it consumes very little power & so I didn't need to upgrade my sister's 350W power supply.

The general usage Athlon family system has an HD 6850 which I also got from the same friend, the P4 system had an Nvidia 8400 GT which died & I replaced with my old ATi X600.

Doesn't the GTX 750 Ti consume very low amounts of power? 

Yes it does. I didn't buy the HD 5770, it was given to me. Also I've built this system a year go before the 750 Ti was launched.

In a year or two would you replace it with the 750 Ti or something? 

Awhhh come on, do you honestly not know where your profile picture comes from? Lol 

I know ;) i just prefer it as a cate 

bigger system 4790k and the other one 4670k both on MSI motherboards 

FX8150 @4.7 ghz, in my day to day gaming and occasional video editing/rendering machine.
and an i5 4200u in my laptop which is for browsing and when im too lazy to leave my bed 

CPU: AMD Fx-8370 @ 4.8 Ghz MoBo: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z GPU: Msi Gtx 770 'gaming' RAM 16GB kingston hyperX fury  PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: Corsair H55 Case: Corsair 760T
I want the most powerful PC in the world.... and ill still just play Dota on it 

In a year or two something a lot better than the 750 Ti would be released.

950 Ti = same power as GTX 770 or higher LOL. 

How's the performance? I've always been interested in Xeon's. 

It renders quite heavy 3D images in photoshop usually within 8 minutes. But I don't have a lot of reference since this is my first build and the first time I use high end components. I ran some benchmarks and it's up there with mac pros (it's a hackintosh btw). I can't tell you much about performance in gaming since there are only a couple of games on mac and I haven't installed windows yet. It runs simcity like a charm thats about it :P

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

It renders quite heavy 3D images in photoshop usually within 8 minutes. But I don't have a lot of reference since this is my first build and the first time I use high end components. I ran some benchmarks and it's up there with mac pros (it's a hackintosh btw). I can't tell you much about performance in gaming since there are only a couple of games on mac and I haven't installed windows yet. It runs simcity like a charm thats about it :P

Have you rendered any videos on it before? 

Intel i7 920.Nehalem FTW!

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.30 GHz

Core 2 Quad Q6600  3.2 GHz

Core 2 Duo E6700 3.1 GHz

Pentium D 3.00 GHz

Pentium 4 3.00 GHz

Pentium 4 2.4 GHz

Pentium M 1.2 GHz

My PC:

CPU: Xeon E3 1230 V3(Haswell) @ 3.7GHz Motherboard: AsRock B85M-ITX RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blue @ 1600MHz Storage: Intel 520 Series 120(Boot), Seagate Barracuda 500GB @ 7200RPM, Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB @ 5400RPM GPU: ZOTAC GTX 970 @ 1.4GHz Case: Node 304 Power Supply: CX430