Disable AdBlock for Linus

Does anyone know how to disable Adblock Plus for certain Youtube channels? I want to disable adblocking for all of Linus' videos. In case you didn't watch the live stream Linus explained that Adblock prevents him from getting ad revenue. In return the Linus Media Group is not getting the money they deserve. Thanks to anyone who can help me. 

You can't. Each video is linked differently.

And no, I won't disable AdBlock, sorry Linus but I've watched too many commercials on TV to justify anything else. Also the stupid pop ups of the Internet is another big reason.

You could disable adblock temporarily while watching Linus's videos, then just turn it back on. 

Well, each Youtube video has a unique URL so you would have to click on the Red adblock icon and choose the Don't run on this page option for each video you watch. This is the only way I know of.

Go to the options of Adblock Plus and create a whitelist but you would have to create a whitelist with youtube.com and you won't be able to specify the url you want to block.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

On his site, I have disabled adblocker, but for YouTube, it's just too much work.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Alright thanks for the replies everyone. How do I disable adblock for his website? Do I just put linustechtips.com as a filter or whitelist?

Click on the red adblock icon and choose the following option: Don't run on pages on this domain

use firefox or explorer for linus' videos.....it's actually not that hard.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Someone made a full guide on this somewhere on this forum.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

im looking for a way to disable just for Linus atm even if it takes me all day i will find a way.... MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US ALL IN THEES DARK TIMES

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Alright thanks for the replies everyone. How do I disable adblock for his website? Do I just put linustechtips.com as a filter or whitelist?

Yes you could do put that in your whitelist to disable it when you are on linustechtips.com

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I only run adblock because of the live stream.  If I don't I have to sit through over 2 hours of ads...  I don't mind ads and linus putting ads at the start of his videos or during, but 2 hours of ads is unreasonable...

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

I have adblock but I disabled it for YouTube just for Linus. But Linus, don't expect anyone to sit through twitch ads.

Space is pretty awesome.

You can't. Each video is linked differently.

And no, I won't disable AdBlock, sorry Linus but I've watched too many commercials on TV to justify anything else. Also the stupid pop ups of the Internet is another big reason.

You could disable adblock temporarily while watching Linus's videos, then just turn it back on. 

ablock plus: exceptions, youtube?

ablock plus: exceptions, youtube?

The problem there is you end up supporting every idiot Youtuber you happen to click the links of for whatever reason.

The problem there is you end up supporting every idiot Youtuber you happen to click the links of for whatever reason.

then just watch linustech and/or the tek on stock google chrome?

too many options that don't screw over people that deserve our support.

then just watch linustech and/or the tek on stock google chrome?

too many options that don't screw over people that deserve our support.

I'm not sure quite what you mean, but that sounds even less convenient than "disable on this page only"-ing each time you watch one of his videos...

I just removed adblock entirely from chrome. It's not all that great at blocking popups, and I don't mind other kinds of ads. Well, preroll ads are annoying, but people have to eat, so I let those run.

I'm not sure quite what you mean, but that sounds even less convenient than "disable on this page only"-ing each time you watch one of his videos...

apparently having both firefox and chrome is rare. i thought many people used multiple browsers.

I use a chrome app that increases the video screen size to 702p i didn't have adblock on youtube but after the World of Tanks animated add started coming it would just split half of my screen and i couldn't even go full screen..... so until they  fix that im keeping adblock on -.- .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas as to how the hell adblock isnt banned.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Any ideas as to how the hell adblock isnt banned.

They can't really block it. There are too many users and too many other ways of getting it (legally and legit) if they removed it from the chrome/ff gallery.

On the Programming subforum, there's a thread about this here, and basically, while people there are working on a solution, it's either very hard or going to be blocked by an antivirus, so there's no way yet. We (as in people who code) are working on it, and might have something soon if it's possible. I think somebody has actually released an alpha version for AdblockForChrome on that thread.

HTTP/2 203