How to support your favourite streams without experiencing ads

This gets passed around on the League of Legend's subreddit since we have a lot of streamers and stuff. I didn't see this posted here and heard Linus talking about supporting their stream so here goes.

While watching Linus' stream, copy the link and open it on a background browser that doesn't have adblock. Run the stream on the BG browser on 240p, mute it and minimize.

Usually, I would wait for someone to whine about bandwidth issues before saying this but I don't have the patience. Apparently, a soundless 240p stream takes like 0.2mbit bandwidth so unless you have a super slow connection, you should be able to do this.

Bump, that is actually a great idea! I've never thought of that. For anyone using Chrome, just disable adblock for incognito mode and run the link there (one less step for all those lazy bastards like me).

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Hmm, nice. Linus has ads (other than the actual video ones) during his streams?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB