In Six Months, Microsoft Will Pull The Plug On Some Parts Of Windows 7 Support

Dietrichw

The more I read this thread, the more I wish I had admin powers to lock it.

@GoodBytes does make lots of Microsoft posts, but this is a tech forum. Microsoft is a huge player when it comes to computers. Just because someone is passionate about something doesn't mean they are paid off for having an opinion, to even imply such a thing is immature. It's like a "PC Gamer Master Race" type calling a me "peasant" because I play some games with a wired 360 controller, even though I don't own a single console as of right now aside from an old Sega Genesis I found in storage. Different people like different things, it's how the world works.

I don't own an XBox, and I already said why I was personally not interested in buying one. I have a WiiU.

You cannot base anyone on history, as you read the post out of context.

So you don't own one, yet defend and promote the console?

You spend all your time selling, promoting windows 8 and MS products/articles. So what do you do for a living? You know enough about the OS to have MS certification, from the posts I have seen in the OS forum. That would not make you promote/sell MS on this forum though.

So who do you work for that explains this post history you have. You probably have like 4500 posts related to MS in that profile. The question is WHY. Small business owner/shop? Nope. Wouldn't make sense. 

Network guy? Definitely not. You simply wouldn't care. Programmer? Again you wouldn't care. 

The profile and the post history you have simply makes ZERO sense unless you are advertising, affiliated with MS in some way or a major stock holder. People like you don't exist. I like Corvettes but I don't spend all my free time advertising for Chevrolet. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I am open to this.

@GoodBytes does make lots of Microsoft posts, but this is a tech forum. Microsoft is a huge player when it comes to computers. Just because someone is passionate about something doesn't mean they are paid off for having an opinion, to even imply such a thing is immature. It's like a "PC Gamer Master Race" type calling a me "peasant" because I play some games with a wired 360 controller, even though I don't own a single console as of right now aside from an old Sega Genesis I found in storage. Or insulting someone for having the nerve to have differing ideals. Different people like different things, it's how the world works.

Thank you! And I cannot agree with you more about everything you said.

I could not agree more with both of you.

I am open to this.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

You spend all your time selling, promoting windows 8 and MS products/articles. So what do you do for a living? You know enough about the OS to have MS certification, from the posts I have seen in the OS forum. That would not make you promote/sell MS on this forum though.

So who do you work for that explains this post history you have. You probably have like 4500 posts related to MS in that profile. The question is WHY. Small business owner/shop? Nope. Wouldn't make sense.

Network guy? Definitely not. You simply wouldn't care. Programmer? Again you wouldn't care.

The profile and the post history you have simply makes ZERO sense unless you are advertising, affiliated with MS in some way or a major stock holder. People like you don't exist. I like Corvettes but I don't spend all my free time advertising for Chevrolet.

You spend all your time bashing Windows 8 and MS articles. So what do you do for a living?

You must be a shill for Linux or Apple. You always bash Microsoft so much. I mean, this is your logic. Just like we're shills since we praise MS so much, you're a shill for some other company for bashing MS so much.

Doesn't make much sense, does it? That's what you sound like. A broken and flawed record that derails threads and copy pastes the same responses over and over.

yep this thread is done, we're just going around in circles,  lock it and lets move on.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You spend all your time bashing Windows 8 and MS articles. So what do you do for a living?

You must be a shill for Linux or Apple. You always bash Microsoft so much. I mean, this is your logic. Just like we're shills since we praise MS so much, you're a shill for some other company for bashing MS so much.

Doesn't make much sense, does it? That's what you sound like. A broken and flawed record that derails threads and copy pastes the same responses over and over.

If you mean calling you out on a bold faced lie? Yup that is when I showed up in this article. I asked Goodbytes a legitimate question. Now all three of you want the thread shut down? 

Too funny. Also Linux astroturfing? Pretty sure a free OS doesn't have MS's marketing funds.  I am surely an Apple employee, which is why I posted help for people to make a Hackintosh, multiple times on this website. 

Most Apple employees have a Hackintosh in their sig. GOOD CALL. 

LOL @ "ACADEMIC"

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

yep this thread is done, we're just going around in circles, lock it and lets move on.

I guess you could even call it a...

Circlejerk?

Alright, I'm done. See you all later.

lol there goes the name calling, insults, and random assumptions. Pathetic.

8 of these pages are filled with pure immaturity, smh.

Lock thread and move on, please

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I hope the following will make you better understand me:

If I get a Microsoft certification, I want to get a A+ on it. That for one.

Two, I report news. I can tell you already that you can stay tune, because, if someone isn't faster than me, expect me providing news on Windows 9 development, as I'll be watching the dev blog site (if any) VERY closely, and any promotion of release of Windows 9. The same way for Nvidia and AMD, if any. Many times I wanted to post about AMD bundles games, but I was not fast enough, or the news I get my info from isn't up to speed as others, so others post them before. That is all.

Windows has a huge market share, and affects the great majority of people here. So of course, I'll report all of that, especially that I love beta stuff, and see what is coming next on something so big as: Nvidia, AMD, Intel, Microsoft (Windows), etc. "Big" is in the sense of: importance, on how it affects us all.

However, if this forum was Linux or Mac focused one, then yes, you are correct, this would be very suspicious. But this one isn't. Its tech in general, with a focus on PC.

What I am surprised, is that I posted more things on Nintendo than Microsoft console, possibility by a long shot.

I think that consoles are not the enemy of PC. I see PC as a tool. Not a gaming system only. If you want to game only on it, so be it. That is primarily one of the big points why I share my taught on people saying that they'll switch to SteamOS. Where sure it is nice SteamOS, but doing the switch exclusively to SteamOS, meaning dropping Windows fully, that person will 'lose' at the end, and not be really happy. Same for Linus based OS as you are attached to the Windows ecosystem. (Of course, unless you live in a Linux based OS eco-system already, then it is perfectly fine at this point). But I believe, and I could be wrong, and that is fine, that people are more part of Windows ecosystem that they think they are. But that is a different topic. Anyway, all to say, that Windows is important for many people here, and I believe XBox, PS4, and WiiU as well, despite being mainly PC focused. And I mean, this forum does have a Console section, so it says something, so that is why I report such news.

I already did, as you previously asked me what I do, and you just said a moment ago on how I brag myself. So now I am confused. If I say, you'll say I am bragging.

Actually, for programmer, I would care HUGELY about Microsoft, including consoles, especially if I was into gaming in general. (I am currently not into gaming, but that doesn't mean never, and so I don't close that door).

I don't advertise. I help where I can, I correct where I can and know, I provide my opinion, and I report news.

If you mean calling you out on a bold faced lie? Yup that is when I showed up in this article. I asked Goodbytes a legitimate question. Now all three of you want the thread shut down? 

Too funny. Also Linux astroturfing? Pretty sure a free OS doesn't have MS's marketing funds.  I am surely an Apple employee, which is why I posted help for people to make a Hackintosh, multiple times on this website. 

Most Apple employees have a Hackintosh in their sig. GOOD CALL. 

LOL @ "ACADEMIC"

And you have completed the circle once again. Mod please lock this thread.