A rare look into the linustechtip meetings

2mbur2n

Yeah Linus has kind of completely abandoned the whole unboxing part of his videos..... i used to watch almost every single "Unboxing and First Look" videos...now i probably watch 1 per week... idk seems kind of lame how he will show the box, then cut to a B roll of the product already unboxed, kinda lame.

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

Unboxing are like "here's me opening a package, how exiting". What I think would be great is if he started his reviews with an unboxing of the product.

that would be a great compromise we could only hope his technique could evolve to that.

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

I miss the old unboxings too, but in order to maintain a professionally presented channel Linus has to provide the most information in as little time as possible, as well as provide his opinion on the subject/product. This professionalism is what gets him sponsors and the sponsors allow him to provide the viewers with more videos.

But as said before, a good compromise is a short unboxing and run-down of the features at the start of the video, and then, after he has had enough time with the product he can present the full scripted video, complete with opinions and sponsor spots.

Linus if your reading this please make one more real unboxing

we never had a true farewell

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Homer_hedge.gif

Wanted to make a joke but you went ahead and outdid me. :D

Thread seems to be getting off topic.

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

Thread seems to be getting off topic.

Blasphemy, if you get off topic in "off topic", you're gonna be on topic.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

lately i seen more unboxing in ncix then LTT

Im SORRY for:-1. My Broken English. 2. "if" posting wrong section. 3. "if" my replay hurt someone. 4. "if" posting already posted before

Because im new to active forum >.< (bow) please kindly guide me thanks

Personally, I'd really like to see Linus do a review in which he unboxes the product first, and then does the review. That would be good. 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

Well since he needs to be professional he should make a 4th channel called LinusUnboxingTips that's nothing but unboxings :DD @LinusTech

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Well since he needs to be professional he should make a 4th channel called LinusUnboxingTips that's nothing but unboxings :DD @LinusTech

I can imagine Linus opening another box, then throwing all its contents onto the table (keeping a silent poker face the entire time), and then the video ends.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

lately i seen more unboxing in ncix then LTT

Yeah, well, that's because LTT haven't done an unboxing for 9 months or something. So not really a suprise that you have been seing more unboxings from NCIX lately than from LTT.

I understand they are trying to be more "professional" with their videos, but i mean it would literally take them 5 minutes to do an unboxing video like they used to, hell even make a dedicated unboxing channel, i would unsubscribe from linustechtips and just subscribe to that,

sometimes, websites let you down. you want to know what really comes in the package. you go to a "LinusTechTipps Unboxing™" and you get the missing information.

Gone are these days

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Agreed, more unboxing and REVIEWS, not overviews. Linus dont waste time telling us things we can read on the box or on ncix or neweggs website, tell us the things we can't read or find out without actually having the product in our hands, such as:

-modability

-build quality

Overall, just little things that the websites won't tell us.

For instance it would have been nice to know that the fins on the Azza 9000 case, completely restrict the airflow, and that way the fan spacing is set up on the top of the case, you cannot install ANY 140mm fans without drilling holes into flimsy metal, that will bend and ruin the case essentially, before allowing a hole to be drilled into it. ALSO, that if you set it up in the "Ratx" configuration, with the stock fans set up normally, you'll actually end up burning out your GPU since the top fans will be fighting the fans on your GPU!

shit like that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Blasphemy, if you get off topic in "off topic", you're gonna be on topic.

Each thread in off topic has their own focused topic and should not be deviated from said topic even though it's from off topic it does not mean that you can change the topic to whatever you think is acceptable.

If the topic of this thread was off topic then it would acceptable to go off topic. But Alas! This is not the case. The topic is clearly stated by OP, who is fag, and even though you may not agree with his judgement, you don't have the authority to question his decision making.

Unboxing are (probably) gone for good.

A more professional show is more sponsor-friendly, sure, but it's not like we had trouble getting sponsors before. Truthfully I just don't really like unboxings. I like our content a lot better now.

If there was a way I could evolve the "unboxing" further and turn it into something I enjoy again, then maybe I'd go back to making them.

Unboxing are (probably) gone for good.

A more professional show is more sponsor-friendly, sure, but it's not like we had trouble getting sponsors before. Truthfully I just don't really like unboxings. I like our content a lot better now.

If there was a way I could evolve the "unboxing" further and turn it into something I enjoy again, then maybe I'd go back to making them.

Just wondering but can't you just unbox the item, talk about what's in it and such then do the review part? 

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014