Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

I would like to suggest Hamatora the Animation. The main character is incredibly charismatic and has some plot twists. It's short, but the second season is on episode two right now.

My second suggestion would have to be Magi. The story is centered around three characters in a world going corrupt from magic. It has two completed seasons and is fairly entertaining.

And to the people watching SAO that haven't read the light novels... READ THEM!

Never heard of Hamatora, looks interesting. 

Magi is set to be marathoned in due time. I have it all good to go. 

SAO Light Novels? Read most of em a while back. 

EDIT: Psst you should consider joining us if you watch anime. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

lightening the rules now are we? something caught your eye hmmmm?

Not really the original intention for the NSFW thing was just for hentai and whatnot. Stuff like highschool of the dead and stuff is technically NSFW but acceptable here. 

I'll be surprised myself if anything caught my eye. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'd probably suggest Kaiba. Seems more unique than anything I've seen recommended. Has art style that looks almost like it's a web animation inspired by retro Japanese animation and some American. It kind of reminds me of Astroboy with a look similar to hand animated American trippy cartoons, a bit like an animated Dr. Seuss film at some times. Definitely something that looks like it's for children and you wouldn't expect to be rated R if you only glanced at it.

I'm only three episodes in and it already looks like it might be some kind of deep/intense feels trip. In the first two episodes I was trying to figure out wtf is going on, and I have that looming paranoid feeling that I'm going to miss part of the plot or twist is about to completely pass over my head or pick up on it late. I have a feeling that this will most likely not disappoint me.

It looks like it deals with the differences between the rich and poor. The central aspect being merchandising dreams, memories, knowledge, and bodies (real or synthesized). Like Ghost in the Shell, the mind (collective existence) can be removed from the body and stored onto a chip for a type of suspended state, or the contents can be released into space (effective killing?). At the same time Kaiba sports some similarities to something like Madoka, where the art style and setting contrasts grossly with the content and plot development.

The yellow thingies floating around in space are the contents of emptied memory chips or people that were killed/executed.

Nz7M1Vg.jpg?1C2OIyTc.jpg?1

tumblr_m5zo8hH6iH1qdippyo1_500.giftumblr_mgi65xuW8b1rwv2mgo1_500.gif

tumblr_m216y2m4JG1rog9apo1_r1_500.giftumblr_m5qecwUjJJ1qdippyo1_500.gif

link it if you want it added lol

what do you mean link it

oh wait, do you mean like, http://myanimelist.net/anime/3701/Kaiba ?

Error: 410

I'd probably suggest Kaiba. Seems more unique than anything I've seen recommended. Has art style that looks almost like it's a web animation inspired by retro Japanese animation and some American. It kind of reminds me of Astroboy with a look similar to hand animated American trippy cartoons, a bit like an animated Dr. Seuss film at some times. Definitely something that looks like it's for children and you wouldn't expect to be rated R if you only glanced at it.

@helping Kaiba is amazing. It kinda something you just sit and take in.

-snip-

@helping Kaiba is amazing. It kinda something you just sit and take in.

I can 100% recommend Kaiba. This^

It's like... It's so complicated. Yet it's not. The show has adult and philosophical themes, yet the art style seems childish to an extent. This creates a conflicting dynamic within the show. It also being a weird take on dystopian sci-fi makes it a really great anime imo.

It's one of my favorites. For a lot of reasons.

I call it the anime you watch if you want to know what being on acid is like. Not that I've ever been on acid, but I imagine it'd be like that.

It deals with the existential question of what humans really are (i.e. souls, or memories, or strictly our consciousness, etc.) while telling a love story I really enjoyed in a world that is so foreign that suspension of disbelief is not necessary. At all.

Here's the link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=9178

The above paragraphs are my reason why.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Snip

I call it the anime you watch if you want to know what being on acid is like. Not that I've ever been on acid, but I imagine it'd be like that.

Snip

I literally just said that exact same thing to @Charger when it popped up in the thread.

I literally just said that exact same thing to @Charger when it popped up in the thread.

Did I miss it? Where? 

I think that we both said that without me realizing you said it says enough about this anime. Both the content and the art style make it that kind of anime. :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Did I miss it? Where? 

I think that we both said that without me realizing you said it says enough about this anime. Both the content and the art style make it that kind of anime. :D

we were talking in mumble. voice chat

I has been added to the list but i will add your reason as well

we were talking in mumble. voice chat

I has been added to the list but i will add your reason as well

I like how you clarified what mumble was.

I like how you clarified what mumble was.

I did too.

no one uses mumble lol

Lol. I don't personally. I've heard of it before though. 

If I have to use VoIP stuff, I usually go with Teamspeak 3 or Razer Comms. Simply because I've used them before and know how to. 

As long as it isn't Skype, I'm open minded. No to Skype, unless there's literally no choice.

† Christian Member †

no one uses mumble lol

You do (now). :P

Wish we covered manga too. Akame Ga Kiru is very good. There is an anime, but it's only 2 episodes so far and it seems to be releasing slowly. 

I think @CatCloud was talking about that too(covering manga) I might be wrong. We'd need to figure how'd we incorporate it into the club, toss some ideas into the main thread if you want to help make it happen. 

BwtU3Hb.png

It was me that suggested it

I remember now, I remember~ 

I don't have the best of memory, mah bad =/

cxbkM07.gif

If you guys do the manga stuff, have fun. I don't read manga. 

The last manga I read was Tenjo Tenge and that's only because the anime ended with no closure.

† Christian Member †

If you guys do the manga stuff, have fun. I don't read manga. 

The last manga I read was Tenjo Tenge and that's only because the anime ended with no closure.

i dont have a problem with reading mange my self but i just dont do it much

the last manga i read was because i got to then end of an anime that i didn't like how it ended so i started reading the manga. When i got to the end of the translated manga i started reading fan translated ones then i hit the end of that and never finished the story i don't even know how it ends lol

i dont have a problem with reading mange my self but i just dont do it much

the last manga i read was because i got to then end of an anime that i didn't like how it ended so i started reading the manga. When i got to the end of the translated manga i started reading fan translated ones then i hit the end of that and never finished the story i don't even know how it ends lol

Happens all the time I tell ya.... all the dam time...