Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

ikr......But that manga/anime <3

And Elfen Lied....

What about Elfen Lied?

Happens all the time I tell ya.... all the dam time... 

Well, that's the most irritating part. There are 2 purposes in turning a manga into an anime:

1. For the anime to be popular and make lots of money.
  2. For the anime to give the manga more exposure so people will buy it more.

Most anime are #2 and #2 means that the anime's story is gonna be short or jacked up (like Blood Lad's was where they spoiled tons of stuff at the end of the anime that didn't happen for a while in the manga). Thus forcing people who want to know what happens to go read the manga. 

Manga is much cheaper to make and probably makes more money than anime unless the anime is absurdly popular like One Piece or Naruto. 

It's sad. :( And the bane of any anime lovers existence who doesn't also like manga. Like me. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Happens all the time I tell ya.... all the dam time... 

the anime was d.gray-man and it looks like it is may be about done with the manga but I'm not really sure

I will have to remember to look for that at somepoint

Well, that's the most irritating part. There are 2 purposes in turning a manga into an anime:

1. For the anime to be popular and make lots of money.
  2. For the anime to give the manga more exposure so people will buy it more.

Most anime are #2 and #2 means that the anime's story is gonna be short or jacked up (like Blood Lad's was where they spoiled tons of stuff at the end of the anime that didn't happen for a while in the manga). Thus forcing people who want to know what happens to go read the manga. 

Manga is much cheaper to make and probably makes more money than anime unless the anime is absurdly popular like One Piece or Naruto. 

It's sad. :( And the bane of any anime lovers existence who doesn't also like manga. Like me. 

Yeah sounds about right. Exposure to the Manga or Light Novel(Spice and Wolf(was really dam good) and a couple of other series). 

I don't like or dislike manga, heck over 75% of all the manga I help clean redraw and whatnot I don't even read. A couple I do read right now are Magudala de Hemure(Spice and Wolf's Author's new work), Horimiya, and a tiny bit of Kagerou Daze. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

the anime was d.gray-man and it looks like it is may be about done with the manga but I'm not really sure

I've never watched d.gray-man but I hear a bunch of good things about it. I'll have to add it to my backlog. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I would watch d.gray man at some point, but since I know it's one of #2, I don't really want to. Even though I've heard good things.

I've never watched d.gray-man but I hear a bunch of good things about it. I'll have to add it to my backlog. 

I should. *sigh*

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I don't like or dislike manga, heck over 75% of all the manga I help clean redraw and whatnot I don't even read. A couple I do read right now are Magudala de Hemure(Spice and Wolf's Author's new work), Horimiya, and a tiny bit of Kagerou Daze. 

you keep talking about working on manga stuff but i have seen nothing of what you have done lol

I would watch d.gray man at some point, but since I know it's one of #2, I don't really want to. Even though I've heard good things.

I should. *sigh*

it is definitely in the #2 category but good other than the end

you keep talking about working on manga stuff but i have seen nothing of what you have done lol

Oh a quick google search should pull up some info. 

I work with Roselia Scanlations and Moustache Scans ever since my original group Drunken Wolf Translations finished translating the Spice and Wolf light novels book 6 - 17. 

Edit: and occasional redraws for 3rd party groups. 

Edit 2: fuck that reminds me I have redraws that are a MONTH late to do. Good lord how could I forget.... I should apologize. 

i dont have a problem with reading mange my self but i just dont do it much

..it gets really difficult when you move between manga and comics since you have to alternate which sides you read from

Error: 410

..it gets really difficult when you move between manga and comics since you have to alternate which sides you read from

I stopped reading comics years ago. I wouldn't buy new comics just the older cheap ones that were 25 cents or less when i was buying them so i have some older batman and the flash comics

fuck that reminds me I have redraws that are a MONTH late to do. Good lord how could I forget.... I should apologize. 

What are redraws?

I mean, I think it's obvious you redraw manga, but ... I'm missing the purpose of doing that?

I tried getting into the New 52 because of the reboot. I couldn't do it. I hate the way they do things. I don't want to have to go find [random other comic #arbitrary] to know what Superman is dealing with this time. I realize the point is to get people to try out different series, but it's annoying as hell. 

I was willing to suffer through my hatred of reading stuff (subtitles are obvious exceptions) for it, but not that.

I mean, I also get it because the characters interact and having the story evenly split between them all is better than having 3 different issues of the same comic cover the same events from a different albeit very similar perspective, but that doesn't change the fact I hate it.

† Christian Member †

o_o

it´s like Tenjou! You have to read for the whole story! D:

...now that i think about it, so does Air gear, Negima...and a few more..."shrugs"

I watched Elfen Lied. I felt it ended somewhat with closure. I felt the very last scene was just teaser. In general. Not for anything specific. 

Huh. I might check that out. 

† Christian Member †

I watched Elfen Lied. I felt it ended somewhat with closure. I felt the very last scene was just teaser. In general. Not for anything specific. 

Huh. I might check that out. 

Oooooh yes, yes its a Teaser, it is! your going to want to read, DAT STORY!

What are redraws?

I mean, I think it's obvious you redraw manga, but ... I'm missing the purpose of doing that?

Basically some manga pages have a portion of the image(large or small) covered by text that isn't in a text bubble so to avoid having it look strange with even bigger english text layered over it ppl who know how to redraw erase the japanese text and redraw the image so it look as close as possible to what it should look like without the text. 

Then Typesetters and put the smaller english text over it. Sometimes its a portion of the image that has japanese text over it but is unsightly and not needed. 

Warning large image. 

For example

h9oZ6WP.jpg

MRHDsyr.jpg

"yawn" 

Hmmmmmm...alright, i guess ill throw some in.

School Rumble: Its great, a must watch! and there is Harima Kenji in it!

School Rumble Ichi Gakkai Hosuu: Well we don't want to miss the gaps right? this is a 2 ep OVA. ALSO includes Harima Kenji!

School Rumble Ni Gakkai : It gets better! Also a must watch, too bad this is where the cliffhanging starts :( Btw, There is Harima Kenji here as well!!!

School Rumble San Gakki: a..pat on the backl? well it sortof gives the final Death blow, still very enjoyable. Spoilers: Harima Kenji strikes back!

Hmm and for something different ill add Kiba  :)

Its an odd one but i found it enjoyable and it´s a pretty Neat anime.

how do you make your links like that?

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Write something, then mark the text, Click the "link" icon and add the website.

Or use the URL bbcode?

Write something, then mark the text, Click the "link" icon and add the website.

Thank you.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Well guys ill be getting the next poll up tonight or tomorrow. Get your suggestions in now as you never know you might just get the random spot.

lol I don't even remember the bbcode for hyperlinks

[url=http://www.google.com]or[url=http://www.google.com]Google[/url]

[url=http://www.google.com]or[url=http://www.google.com]Google[/url]

sorry I wasn't asking for it but it may be a good thing to have listed lol

sorry I wasn't asking for it but it may be a good thing to have listed lol

you said you didnt remember so I reminded you