Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

i second this

It was quite a good watch I'll have to agree. A friend of mine recommended it a while back. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

i second this

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)- really is one of the best animes i've ever seen, it's really funny have some great drama and the romance is good, the ending is also very satisfying.

It was quite a good watch I'll have to agree. A friend of mine recommended it a while back. 

Honestly aside from a few bold plot developments that most anime don't make, I thought it was pretty forgettable.

There are many more I would put before it.

Error: 410

Honestly aside from a few bold plot developments that most anime don't make, I thought it was pretty forgettable.

There are many more I would put before it.

I don't have a ranking for it. I simply found the show enjoyable. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I don't know if this counts, but for those who have not watched DBZ, watch this entire thing. *hint* Gohan (the short kid with gold/blond hair) is about 100 times as much of a badass as you think he is at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDKqNZKbReo&index=2&list=PLccws4Ur-IVMBZXQjqNOisfej9pld1uua

I still think Gohan and Goku from DBZ could take ANY character from ANY anime/comicbook/fantasyseries. Although they wouldn't fight anyone that's good, except for training.

PLEASE, Enjoy it.

Edit: please ignore the jackass with retarded hair (hercule, or more correctly, Mr. Satan, he has black hair, you shouldn't have any trouble figuring out who he is because you will want to kill him yourself after his first sentence) constantly talking shit, I know it's hard because he's a dipshit lol. If you want to cheat, skip to about 46:00

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

DBZ,

PLEASE, Enjoy it.

No, If im not wrong Anime that are in the hundreds of episodes are kept off the list because they are just too damn long. good or bad.

If we are going to watch the Dragon Ball it will be the movies, they are easier to deal with and tbh are far more enjoyable then the series.

-snip-

I've changed my post now, is that the kind of thing you meant?

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

someone needs to be lol

*whistles in the corner of the room*

Psycho-Pass

With the Psycho-Pass reboot playing right now setting up for the 2nd season in October and the movie coming shortly after I feel like it's definitely a good candidate. The show it's self has a very nice near future kind of Utopia/distopia atmosphere to it along with the interesting perspective of a new police officer, which is certainly unique to a genre usually about the 'oppressed', and it has nice stylized visuals along with a great soundtrack.

Phantom of Inferno

This take a bit more of a niche genre with it showcasing the struggles of being forced into being a hit man for a notorious Organized Crime group. Phantom is great for the fact that it does go for a bit of a dark flavor and has an interesting story to go along with it.

Azumanga Daioh

I mean it's a classic, Daioh is pretty much regarded as one of the best slice of life anime out there, myself included. As far as story goes it's pretty much the usual were you follow around the characters with 'unique' personalities around, in this case 6 girls, and see what interesting situations each day brings them!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

-snip-

While I'm not for watching DBZ (Dragon Ball Abridged by Team Four Star is better and preferred to watch imo), I do agree that Gohan is a bad ass. Testament to that: 

It's too bad Toriyama caved into fans and didn't make Gohan the main character like he intended to. :( It could've been so great.

Does anyone have any newer anime from the last 3 seasons or so to suggest? we have not had many suggested and need more

>last 3 seasons

So Winter 2013 -> Summer 2014? Or Fall 2013 -> Spring 2014? I just googled the anime charts for each season and went down the list looking for anime I remembered and enjoyed. I'll just do all 4 rather than 3. In order form Fall -> Summer by release date.

Links to the Anime Charts:

(click to make them larger)

Fall 2013

Winter 2013

Spring 2014

Summer 2014

Kill la Kill (probably already suggested, but more can't hurt) - Where do I start? Tons of anime/video game references, an over-the-top anime like Gurren Lagann, and art like you'd never believe. This is a great show. I should finish it one day (stopped at episode 22 of 24. I always do this for no particular reason.)

Noragami - Supernatural, but with interesting characters and mystery backgrounds. Kinda like Bleach, but not like Bleach. I know. I do that alot. The art was good and the climactic fights made the wait worth it as the story progressed.

Hamatora - Super powers, but actually interesting super powers. Add some murder mystery, some slice of life, and unique/likable character designs and I enjoyed it. Sorta like Majutsu no Index.

Nisekoi - Slice of life romance comedy harem. As if there aren't enough of them, right? Well, I enjoyed this one because the music was pretty good, the art was enjoyable and the story wasn't absurd until about half way through (way too many coincidences), but regardless, I found it good. 

Soredemi Sekai wa Utsukushii - It's kind of slice of life, but in a more serious way. I know that sounds like it's an oxymoron, but you'd have to watch it to know what I mean. The story is serious, yet the interaction between the characters isn't, if that makes sense. 

No Game No Life (probably already suggested, but moar) - Great story, characters, events, etc all make this a great anime imo. It's so compelling in a weird way. Like, it has that perfect combination of kawaii, complicated yet interesting plot/events (games aren't really plot I guess), and pace that makes it so. 

Gokuko no Brynhildr - This was made by the same guy who made Elfen Lied. The first opening song is epic. I really enjoyed it as I enjoyed Elfen Lied. YMMV Except the usual amount of death, gore, little girl/teenage school girl brutality. That nostalgic sense of hopelessness. Etc.

Isshuukan Friends - Adorable slice of life about a girl who forgets her happy memories every week but remembers her sad ones and a boy who just wants to be her friend. Right in the feels. We should watch it because feels.

Hitsugi no Chaika - Usual demon king stuff, but the action is pretty good and it's well animated. I enjoyed it for that reason. Plus the main character is kawaii~ :3. Kawaii + nice action animation = all my yes.

Akame ga Kill - So far pretty great. Gorey, disturbing, ah, reminds me of Elfen Lied. :D Art is pretty good and I like it so far. Only 3 episodes though, so YMMV.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I ain't complaining, that was a compliment. 

no I mean please suggest some lol. As it is right now it will only be his recommendations for the next few polls for the current category unless i get more to split it up with lol

Good fucking lord all those recommendations

You realize that was over an entire year right? I find it sad that I enjoyed that few anime. Admittedly, I had the uber long ones like One Piece and such to keep me happy, but I feel like it's been a slow year for anime. There have been gems. Just not many.

I actually skipped a few that I thought were good, but only "marginally" so. Like, I enjoyed watching them, but I'd never watch them again or finish them if I didn't. I figure that's for the best. 

Then there's the fact that I only watched about 1/3rd of the anime each season because I'm good at knowing if I will enjoy it or not by description+poster. I miss some gems sometimes because of that, but I usually get redirected to them later via anime chats or something. 

I also use the anime charts to go back and check each season for a gem I might've missed, or something I didn't like back then but might now. They are very very useful for that.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You realize that was over an entire year right? I find it sad that I enjoyed that few anime. Admittedly, I had the uber long ones like One Piece and such to keep me happy, but I feel like it's been a slow year for anime. There have been gems. Just not many.

It must have been hard trying to use one piece to keep you happy...

I never cared for it lol

-snip-

Oh I see...

no I mean please suggest some lol. As it is right now it will only be his recommendations for the next few polls for the current category unless i get more to split it up with lol

Ok ok I'll recommend something.... tomorrow....

You know I suck at picking what to watch and finding good series. 

Oh I see...

Ok ok I'll recommend something.... tomorrow....

You know I suck at picking what to watch and finding good series. 

I have the same problem but I do find that what i like and what i would recommend at two different things.

It must have been hard trying to use one piece to keep you happy...

I never cared for it lol

lol. I spent an entire summer watching 12 episodes per day (that's 3 hours btw at 20 minutes per episode) catching up back when it had 360+ episodes. Of course I couldn't do it every day. Other anime, video games, online anime forums, and football practice took up the rest of my time. 

I'm not going to stop now when I've literally spent 218+ hours watching it. Besides, I do enjoy it. It's drawn out as crap, but it's been long enough that I feel attached to the characters and feel that "OHMIGOSHYAAAY" feeling every time I see a new episode :D. Admittedly, it's no where near the feeling I get when I see a new HxH episode. That show is great. :D

I'd never recommend someone watch it now though. It's far too long.

I have the same problem but I do find that what i like and what i would recommend at two different things.

Same mostly. It's more a venn diagram for me. Some I do both, some I do one or the other. 

† Christian Member †

@Vitalius Current is the current season being aired and the two back.

I would like to suggest Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, it's unique Rom-com slice of life is very moving/emotional. The characters in the anime are very interesting and fun to watch. I believe everyone should have a taste of the anime

http://myanimelist.net/anime/13759/Sakurasou_no_Pet_na_Kanojo

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

While I'm not for watching DBZ (Dragon Ball Abridged by Team Four Star is better and preferred to watch imo), I do agree that Gohan is a bad ass. Testament to that: 

It's too bad Toriyama caved into fans and didn't make Gohan the main character like he intended to. :( It could've been so great.

>last 3 seasons

So Winter 2013 -> Summer 2014? Or Fall 2013 -> Spring 2014? I just googled the anime charts for each season and went down the list looking for anime I remembered and enjoyed. I'll just do all 4 rather than 3. In order form Fall -> Summer by release date.

Links to the Anime Charts:

(click to make them larger)

Fall 2013

Winter 2013

Spring 2014

Summer 2014

Kill la Kill (probably already suggested, but more can't hurt) - Where do I start? Tons of anime/video game references, an over-the-top anime like Gurren Lagann, and art like you'd never believe. This is a great show. I should finish it one day (stopped at episode 22 of 24. I always do this for no particular reason.)

Noragami - Supernatural, but with interesting characters and mystery backgrounds. Kinda like Bleach, but not like Bleach. I know. I do that alot. The art was good and the climactic fights made the wait worth it as the story progressed.

Hamatora - Super powers, but actually interesting super powers. Add some murder mystery, some slice of life, and unique/likable character designs and I enjoyed it. Sorta like Majutsu no Index.

Nisekoi - Slice of life romance comedy harem. As if there aren't enough of them, right? Well, I enjoyed this one because the music was pretty good, the art was enjoyable and the story wasn't absurd until about half way through (way too many coincidences), but regardless, I found it good. 

Soredemi Sekai wa Utsukushii - It's kind of slice of life, but in a more serious way. I know that sounds like it's an oxymoron, but you'd have to watch it to know what I mean. The story is serious, yet the interaction between the characters isn't, if that makes sense. 

No Game No Life (probably already suggested, but moar) - Great story, characters, events, etc all make this a great anime imo. It's so compelling in a weird way. Like, it has that perfect combination of kawaii, complicated yet interesting plot/events (games aren't really plot I guess), and pace that makes it so. 

Gokuko no Brynhildr - This was made by the same guy who made Elfen Lied. The first opening song is epic. I really enjoyed it as I enjoyed Elfen Lied. YMMV Except the usual amount of death, gore, little girl/teenage school girl brutality. That nostalgic sense of hopelessness. Etc.

Isshuukan Friends - Adorable slice of life about a girl who forgets her happy memories every week but remembers her sad ones and a boy who just wants to be her friend. Right in the feels. We should watch it because feels.

Hitsugi no Chaika - Usual demon king stuff, but the action is pretty good and it's well animated. I enjoyed it for that reason. Plus the main character is kawaii~ :3. Kawaii + nice action animation = all my yes.

Akame ga Kill - So far pretty great. Gorey, disturbing, ah, reminds me of Elfen Lied. :D Art is pretty good and I like it so far. Only 3 episodes though, so YMMV.

only things in that list that were suggested and added to the spread sheet before now was Hamatora and No Game No Life which were the only 2 anime that were in the current section and in the polls which is why we needed more lol

The daily lives of high school boys- This will make you piss yourself laughing, not literally or at least I hope not and if it does, I'm sorry, but you have a condition go get yourself looked at. This slice of life comedy is wonderfully written and the situations are wonderfully funny. Although the comedy is hit and miss at times it is always entertaining and well worth a watch.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

HAVE I mentioned Zankyou no Terror, Thriller and maybe mystery : Two children are doing some terror bombing things while doing riddles, why? And a girl with no connection whatsoever with the main protagonists.

(Please read it from the Animelist I suck at this....) Personally I feel that the first episode was amazing, because it started with action of course  :D  Also the act they committed in the first episode kinda pulled me into the story. I really love startings where you have no idea of what is going to happen next  ;) OOOOO VERY MYSTERIOUS

Baby Steps, SPORTS the taboo word (at least for someone) : So what should I say about this? Tennis? IT is somehow similar to the Prince of Tennis, BUT personally I like more the realistic feeling in the Baby Steps. So a young boy starts a tennis as a newbie and what shall await for him ? Yeah I know my experiences from it.... Well I think it was somehow fascinating that we have a protagonist who is a perfectionist. Tennis matches are exciting and he has his own style of playing it  ;)

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya