You know what I notice? Veteran posters rarely start new threads.

terrytek

I post threads fairly often. And I'm a vet.

Yeah, because you're you.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Point of notice is the post count.

Teenagers, ´bad for the internet. WOW, the internet is the place for teenagers.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

I don't make threads very often and I even stopped coming here. I came back a few days ago to start a thread for a question that I couldn't find the answer to.

Maybe the newbies think it's a better idea to just ask their question instead of searching for an answer first?

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I post threads fairly often. And I'm a vet.

You're weird though...no offense :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I usually have another source where I ask my questions and when I do have questions it's usually it's easy enough to look on google.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Number 6 I see too much on here at one point. Step 7 I kinda overdo it.

@Sousuke

Epic video. Me likey.

I beat the ever loving crap out of Step 5. I hate reading or writing responses that are worthless in pretty much every shape or form. I actually report them most of the time as spam. Because that is the definition of spam. 

If it's funny, it can be short. If it's interesting, it's probably not going to be short.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I have started 8 topics since I joined last October lol. I find that I can fine most of the answers to my questions just by reading other posts.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I don't make threads very often and I even stopped coming here. I came back a few days ago to start a thread for a question that I couldn't find the answer to.

Maybe the newbies think it's a better idea to just ask their question instead of searching for an answer first?

Oh, well then. Bye.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, because you're you.

I'm special. :D

You're weird though...no offense :P

Gee, thanks. -_-

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Teenagers, ´bad for the internet. WOW, the internet is the place for teenagers.

Yeah, take me for example. I can't last a second without internet. I start having nervous breakdowns if I can't use internet for one week.

The video is a few years old so think of "Teenagers" as Pre-Teens then it will still fit in.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Point of notice is the post count.

YEH I AGGREE !!!!1 LOLL

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

The forum experience here is homogenous

You have basically the same type of posts over and over again:

• What [Graphics card/headset/Processor/motherboard] is best?
  • Do these specs match up? (frequently including PC PartPicker Link for maximum inconvenience)
  • Could you recommend components?

Like seriously, I genuinely couldn't give less shits about this build anymore than I care about my ex-girlfriend's dog being ill all over her clothes, bedroom, laptop etc.

Google is your friend, use it. This is especially true with most Troubleshooting posts, Google is 100% your friend. USE IT.

The amount of times that I have seen people who could just google it and their problem could be fixed in 30 seconds is frightening.

Compatible with Windows 95

• Do these specs match up? (frequently including PC PartPicker Link for maximum inconvenience)

Like seriously, I genuinely couldn't give less shits about this build anymore than I care about my ex-girlfriend's dog being ill all over her clothes, bedroom, laptop etc.

Google is your friend, use it. This is especially true with most Troubleshooting posts, Google is 100% your friend. USE IT.

The amount of times that I have seen people who could just google it and their problem could be fixed in 30 seconds is frightening.

Yeah, but I ignore as many of those types of threads as possible.

Loads of posts doesn't necessarily mean vet. Could just be spam on every topic in existence.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Loads of posts doesn't necessarily mean vet. Could just be spam on every topic in existence.

The moderators are better than that. I doubt anyone would get past 2,500. How Sarcasm got to 2,047, I'll never know.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I've been noticing that the veteran posters of at least 2K posts rarely, if at all, start new topics. I only see 1 veteran poster start a new post every week, which is usually about tech news. But I see like 3 quasi-veteran posters with 750-1500 posts start maybe 20 or so new threads a week. And then there are the posters with 500 or less posts who start maybe 50 a week. Is there something you veterans are hiding? I like starting a lot of threads because I like getting help from you vets and because I like starting new ideas. Is there something that you vets don't want to even share?

I start a lot of threads

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm just a seasoned lurker, so I don't have anywhere near as many posts as I should have, yet I barely ever start a new thread, as id ant be bothered to deal with the crap that can come from it, and I'm just too lazy to do so. Also, I largely know what I need to know, and otherwise whatever I'm going to ask has probably already been asked, so I just look a bit back and find what I need.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Nobodies hiding any secrets!

• In my scenario, I ocasionally help dignsose BSODs in the troubleshooting subforum. Or try and help around in general. 
  • In the (rare) case I ask a question, I do reserch beforehand, and ask about a specific topic or issue. By not generalizing it helps keep posts relevant and to the point. Thus requing less posts.
  • Sometimes I post a few topics every other month in the news section, but only those I deem reliable, relevant, and proffesionally written.
  • If I write a guide or tutorial: it is well thought out in advanced with maybee at least a few weeks of planning.

Last, but not least, I tend to avoid frivolous posts that add nothing to the general community involvement. Most of my posts are written to at least a semi-proffesional level, the only time this isn't true would have to be with posts in the off topic subforum, or if I am bussy in real life( such as needing to go to university classes).

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I am not a veteran member but have a really hight post count for them time I have been here. I don't know if that is good or bad. I am a certified PC technician, but I don't really spend the time here helping people yet. 

-.-

Guess probably ~300 of my posts are sarcasm related likely. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Most veterans usually lurk before posting a topic. This way, they won't have to bring up a topic that's been discussed and they save hard drive space.

R U SAYAN IM NO VETERAN ??!?!?!??!???!?!?!?/keyboardspazcoma

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Yeah, but I ignore as many of those types of threads as possible.

And I'm that weirdo that likes to lurk and post in those types of threads. I think maybe half my posts are trying to help someone get a spec list together because I find that fun.