how fast can you type?

Frank Brown
Just now, jasonwj322a said:

Yeah exactly. My right and left pinkey only does enter, shift and cap lock......

That's how it's suppose to be, along with other keys that's associated with that color.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

That's how it's suppose to be, along with other keys that's associated with that color.

Yes I understand that but my pinkeys arent used for the other symbols. My index finger also covers the vast majority of the keyboard, not just the blue and green on the picture above.

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

All the fingers on my left hand, only my middle finger on my right. I've somehow manage to combine the best and worst ways to type xD

Middle finger? That's surprising, index finger seems to be the easiest among people. o.O

1 minute ago, jasonwj322a said:

Middle finger? That's surprising, index finger seems to be the easiest among people.

I have my index finger on top of my middle finger, every single other finger on my right hand does nothing.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

My instinct is to have the middle finger to W, the 2 other fingers to and D. Even if I don't game lol

i never learned to type properly, but with my two middle fingers (lel :P) i type about as fast as a lot of "classic dactylo trained" folks do with all their fingers. i never really felt the need to learn how to type "properly" both because of this speed, and because the whole "typing with a sheet of paper over your hands" thing is honestly BS, and as long as i have "peripheral visual" on the edges of my keyboard i rarely make typo's. (at least, when i'm not sleepy as fuq. typos happen in my brain, not in my fingers :P)

17 minutes ago, mok said:

my resting stance is left and on WASD and Spacebar and right hand on mouse

OMG, I thought I was the only one.

"You think your Commodore 64 is really neato! What kind of chip you got in there a Dorito?" -Weird Al Yankovic, All about the pentiums

PC 1(Lenovo S400 laptop): 

CPU: i3-3217u

SSD: 120gb Super Cache mSATA SSD

HDD: Random seagate 5400rpm 500gb HDD

RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3-SODIMM

PC 2(2014 Mac Mini):

CPU: i5-4260u

HDD: 5400rpm 500gb

RAM: 4gb DDR3 (soldered on :( )

19 minutes ago, mok said:

my resting stance is left and on WASD and Spacebar
and right hand on mouse, its fucked LOL

the true sign of a gamer :D

I just did a typing speed test and got 76 words a minute so yee I suppose? 

My left hand does space, and the left side of the keyboard mainly. However if I type something on the bottom right of the keyboard for example b, n, m, , and if the next key is on the upper right y, u, i, o then I will type the top part with my left hand. 

My right hand usually just does the right side of the keyboard and never really goes off. 

7 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I have my index finger on top of my middle finger, every single other finger on my right hand does nothing.

I see, that would really slow me down. Its like natural instinct with my index fingers, they down where all the letters are.

1 minute ago, jasonwj322a said:

I see, that would really slow me down. Its like natural instinct with my index fingers, they down where all the letters are.

Well, considering I don't have to look at the keyboard to type anymore, I'm pretty happy with this :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Want to type faster? Drink Fukushima Radiation Natural Spring water. :P

typing.jpg

ergonomics+2.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

• 1 month later...

Your score: 170 CPM (that is 34 WPM)

as someone who has to look at the keyboard to type, i think that's pretty good.

experience: 8 - 9 years

Edited by firelighter487

She/Her

My experience: maybe like 2 years?

I'm only a kid still so got lots of time to practice.

Me around 100 WPM, though once you factor in errors it's more like 90 WPM.

I learned touch typing when I was little, probably at least 7 or 8 years ago. I've always been a pretty decent typist. Having gotten my new mechanical keyboard yesterday definitely helped xD.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, GamingMemeKing said:

Can you touch type? (Type without looking)

Tbf, 35 wpm isn't that slow :)

I think 35 WPM is a bit above average for people that don't touch type.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Can you touch type? (Type without looking)

Tbf, 35 wpm isn't that slow :)

I almost never look at my keyboard

I got my first mechanical keyboard the other day. Setting it up tomorrow >:D And wow, that's high

Yeah, I learned it at an early age so that definitely helps. I love my G710+; mechanical switches feel great. Outta curiousity, what keyboard did you get?

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I got 49 WPM the first time and 55 WPM on the second time. That was without looking at the keyboard. I have done tests on other websites and gotten 60 WPM before, although my average is around 50-55 WPM.

1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

The g710 plus is great, got it for 80 dollars at ncix

Definitely. It's one of the cheaper mech keyboards out there but still looks pretty decent IMO. Wrist rest is a bit meh but at least there is one. Overall I definitely like it a lot, especially considering the price.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler