Finnish Gaming Tournaments not allowing female participation per backward IeSF regulations

Rafy
Tournament List:

Male Competition: Dota 2, Starcraft 2, Hearthstone, Ultra Street Fighter IV

Female Competition: Starcraft 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2

"In accordance with the International e-Sports Federation's (IeSF) tournament regulations, since the main tournament event is open to male players only. This is to avoid possible conflicts (e.g. a female player eliminating a male player during RO8) among other things."

"The decision to divide male and female competitions was made in accordance with international sports authorities, as part of our effort to promote e-Sports as a legitimate sports."

It's an absurd division. Seemingly it tells us that Ultra Street Fighter IV is for boys, and Tekken Tag Tournament is for girls; that women aren't meant to play Dota 2 or Hearthstone; and that while both men and women can play Starcraft 2, they damn well better not do it together.

Responses from IeSF.:

"1 - promoting female players. We know that e-Sports is largely dominated by male players and females players are actually a portion of the overall player base. By hosting a female-only competition, we strive to promote female gaming on a global scale.

"2 - International standards. IeSF is very close to get e-Sports recognized as a true sports like it should be. Part of that efforts is to comply with the international sports regulations. For example, chess is also divided into male / female leagues."                                                                                       

Another response, this time on their facebook:

"In the last hours we have received lots of feedback from your regarding the IeSF 6th e-Sports World Championship, particularly regarding the male/female tournament division.

"We want to thank you for your interest in e-Sports and for sharing your opinions. The e-Sports community opinion is always important to the IeSF.

"Our top priority is to promote e-Sports in the best ways we can. We believe that listening is important, are we're now collecting your opinions from the social media, and we will update soon."

This is disgusting!

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/02/hearthstone-tournament/

I threw up in my mouth a bit.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Suomi mainittu, torilla tavataan!

But yeah this sucksss.. Fix it plz.

CPU: Intel I5 3550 Motherboard: Maximus V Gene RAM: 8Gb Kingston HyperX Genesis GPU: Zotac GTX 670 Case: NZXT Vulcan Storage: 120gb Kintson SSD + 1TB WB blue PSU: Corsair CX600 Display(s): Asus 24" VE247H Full HD Cooling: Coolermaster V8 and Casefans Keyboard: Steelseries 6G V/2 Mouse: Razer Naga Molten Sound: Onboard + Astro a40

wow thats fucked up and backward like hell, all other espot tournaments i have seen have had females in them with everyone else.. someone tell Scarlet that she cant compete with the boys....

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

"The decision to divide male and female competitions was made in accordance with international sports authorities, as part of our effort to promote e-Sports as a legitimate sports."

If that's what it takes to make it a legitimate sport

Then F**K legitimate sports..

PS. Screw you OP.. Your profile pic made me refresh the page three times! 

Well played.. Well played

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Shit like this not only makes me sad but empowers extreme feminists. While it annoys me that they go to such extremes, I cannot in good conscience object to their tactics when I still read shit like this in motherfucking 2014.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This news has been spreading like wildfire on the Internet today. It's quite a stupid rule. I can see why having females compete in their own tournament helps promote them since they are vastly outnumbered by male pro gamers (keyword: pro), but in the end it just does more harm than good.

Not sure how to respond to this.

On one hand, it's stupid to separate men and women in something where men don't have an advantage in (unlike physical sports since men have it far easier to build muscles).

On the other hand, this seems (at least to me) as something they did in order to have more female players in the tournament. By having a female only competition alongside they can ensure that it doesn't become a sausage fest.

But then again, bringing gender into it to begin with is stupid if you ask me. Not having the women play the main game is also absolutely ridiculous. Just let whoever play whatever they want, regardless of gender.

Actually I do know how to respond to this. The one that thought of this clearly didn't think it through properly... What a dumbass.

Shit like this not only makes me sad but empowers extreme feminists. While it annoys me that they go to such extremes, I cannot in good conscience object to their tactics when I still read shit like this in motherfucking 2014.

Trust me, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why you should support "extreme feminists".

As someone from Sweden, I know just how insane the extremists are. Strive for equality instead (note: equality is not the same as uniformity, and you can't get equality by only focusing on the issues one side has).

...really? REALLY?!

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Why the freaking hell is there women and men categories??? this aint soccer what the hell they should all be able to compete in same category,what why should there be a female league to begin with thats like admitting women are weaker?! at this e-sports.

tumblr_mipic1Ggz31r8ecnuo1_400.gif

Trust me, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why you should support "extreme feminists".

As someone from Sweden, I know just how insane the extremists are. Strive for equality instead (note: equality is not the same as uniformity, and you can't get equality by only focusing on the issues one side has).

I don't support them, I'm just pissed that crap like this leaves the door open for them to justify their extremism, that's what I meant to say.

As for your other thoughts, there's a fine line between trying to be inclusive and patronizing, this clearly crosses into patronizing: let women compete and slowly work their way up the competitive ladders.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This's what you get if you take a new and emerging concept and force it to conform to an old one. "E-sports" should not be considered sports. They are not sports, they are their own thing.

Same goes for chess but that's beyond salvation.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

All though I do not agree with not letting females play vs males in e-sports I think it is a necessary step to make e-Sports a real "sports"

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

It makes sense, though.  Do you know how hard it is to animate females in video games?  It would have costed an enormous amount of additional dollars to animate female assassin's in AC Unity.  Since Ubisoft is a big game publisher, it stands as proof that they are 100% correct, are infallible, and cannot be challenged in their assertions.

As a result, of course females should not compete with males in digital online card game tournaments... those beings are just too much of a mystery for us--too many unknowns.

https://twitter.com/redfivetwo/statuses/476540307275014144

So we can't even play e-"sports" together? :lol:

I honestly can't say I'm surprised though. :rolleyes:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Point being... what exactly? The fact that the organisation behind the event wishes to promote e-sports as an actual sport? I'm sorry, but which sport do you know of does NOT divide male and female competition? As stated by their official response, even chess is divided, despite no sex has any obvious advantage over the other there. Why should e-sports be any different? Way to make an elephant from a fly.

Not to mention your thread title is REALLY misleading!

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

... What? This is ridiculous. If a person can play, a person can play.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Point being... what exactly? The fact that the organisation behind the event wishes to promote e-sports as an actual sport? I'm sorry, but which sport do you know of does NOT divide male and female competition?

You're misunderstanding the issue: While most of us would like acceptance of e-sports it would be so the e-athletes can get legitimized doing it, for example being offered the same latitude physical discipline athletes enjoy when traveling. They're not exactly the same as sports, but unlike entertainers there is a competitive aspect so it would be easier to try to get those travel permits under that paradigm particularly in countries with overly zealous entry policies.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You're misunderstanding the issue: While most of us would like acceptance of e-sports it would be so the e-athletes can get legitimized doing it, for example being offered the same latitude physical discipline athletes enjoy when traveling. They're not exactly the same as sports, but unlike entertainers there is a competitive aspect so it would be easier to try to get those travel permits under that paradigm particularly in countries with overly zealous entry policies.

oooookay?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Misleading title.

But this is only hurting esports on a global stage. 

Are you going to stop scarlett from competing you know the only decent foreigner left in the Starcraft 2 scene?

Jesus Prime should just send 유라 over or 시윤 should find a sponsor and go either of them would win hands down. 

And let me guess the women's tournament is going to have less prize money.

How about you allow them to compete if they want to.

Kespa has some shitty rules but they don't ban 유리 from playing for Prime. 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I'm against lumping everything under the title of "sports" instead of creating whole new avenue (Chess is not a sport)

Yeah, visas are a bitch to deal with so why don't we fight against them rather than cheating the established broken system.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I'm against lumping everything under the title of "sports" instead of creating whole new avenue (Chess is not a sport)

Yeah, visas are a bitch to deal with so why don't we fight against them rather than cheating the established broken system.

A fair point: I am of the opinion that countries with stupid immigration policies should be completely excluded from hosting such events.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Making male and female leagues in physical sports makes sense, because males have diffirent physical capabilities than females. But I don't see a reason for dividing mental sports like chess and esports like DotA, when they are all based on mental capabilities and reflexes both genders can equally improve. If so then why are boys and girls able to go to the same class, be tested and compared together? Most likely because they all have an equal chance to pass right? But yeah, school isn't a sport nor are these esports yet they are trying to be which leads the to bullshit decisions.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

What a load of BS...

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p