Finnish Gaming Tournaments not allowing female participation per backward IeSF regulations

Rafy

FUCK this, this is why we dont see fucking female often, i'd love to see women kick the shit outta male players in dota 2, i will wank over that shit haha.

as long as they dont start the typical bullshit like my girlfriend does: "women are better than men, men are just pains in the asses." "women have to go through labor, and im like : and men have to pay for that credit card u swipe all damn day haha :D"

i'd personally love to see women compete in tournaments. might get more people to start gaming.

na but this is fucked up, ice frog please nerf

This is a realllllllllllllllly bad attempt to legitimise e-sports by making them more like traditional sports (and chess as that’s the cited example of non-physical sport that has leagues divided by gender which frankly i think must be some overlooked throwback).

If and i highlight that if with big bold quote marks they feel they must have female only tournaments to encourage female participation, they (the tournaments) should be restricted to feeder tournaments for the main competition which should be mixed no excuses, and tbh im uncomfortable with that as it would mean artificially setting the balance of gender in the main event where places should be won on skill not where u have XX or XY chromosome  .

The funny thing is, I could destroy most dots and most sc2 players, and I'm female. Gg mysoginistic fucks

Point being... what exactly? The fact that the organisation behind the event wishes to promote e-sports as an actual sport? I'm sorry, but which sport do you know of does NOT divide male and female competition? As stated by their official response, even chess is divided, despite no sex has any obvious advantage over the other there. Why should e-sports be any different? Way to make an elephant from a fly.

Not to mention your thread title is REALLY misleading!

Pretty much this. Also the shit that women have to deal with in the coed tourney for being a "girl gamer" a lot of people not just women can't deal with the ridicule, and I feel like more women will be more likely to participate because they are around other people like them. Obviously not all will like it, but I think it's safe to say that's how it'll play out. Like you said nearly all sports are divided at the competitive level if not ALL.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

quite disgusting.. this remind me of the first time women allowed in to opympic games in 1900.. im not a gamer or girl.. but is offensive

There's a big difference between having a women's league and prohibiting women from competing with men.

Every sport I can think of happily has female athletes of they can compete. Nothing is stopping a woman in the PGA tour except her own score. There's no one saying "oh you can't play with the boys go play bocce"

Pretty much this. Also the shit that women have to deal with in the coed tourney for being a "girl gamer" a lot of people not just women can't deal with the ridicule, and I feel like more women will be more likely to participate because they are around other people like them. Obviously not all will like it, but I think it's safe to say that's how it'll play out. Like you said nearly all sports are divided at the competitive level if not ALL.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The difference between E-sports and normal sports is that the build of your body doesn't affect your gameplay and in normal sports it does. I hope there will be a day a girl will be the winner of a huge championship. Girls should be good in heartstone if you compare how the male and the female brains work.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

The difference between E-sports and normal sports is that the build of your body doesn't affect your gameplay and in normal sports it does. I hope there will be a day a girl will be the winner of a huge championship. Girls should be good in heartstone if you compare how the male and the female brains work.

Scarlett is the highest rated foreigner in Starcraft 2 at the minute.

Not bad stats but she is missing a really really top finish

DZO5lO6.png

Its a shame some of the female koreans don't get sponsors to play outside Korea they would do so well.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

There's a big difference between having a women's league and prohibiting women from competing with men.

Every sport I can think of happily has female athletes of they can compete. Nothing is stopping a woman in the PGA tour except her own score. There's no one saying "oh you can't play with the boys go play bocce"

While I agree with that the problem I got with this is that:

1) It makes sense to separate men and women in physical sports (because men are better than women at sports, it's genetics). Games that doesn't require physical strength is an equal playing field though. It doesn't make any sense separating it into two. "It's like that in other sports" is not really a valid argument.

2) The men and women don't play the same games. I would be more okay with this (still not totally OK with it, but it would have went into the "meh who cares" category) if they competed in the same games but they don't.

The headline is sensationalistic though.

-snap-

I agree Scarlett really is an amazing girl, but it's that first place in the premier league where i'm waiting for. I hope she will make it eventually, would be nice to see a girl beating every single guy thrown at her.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon