What's wrong with Razer?

FuriousFing

Hi guys.

I was wondering why some people don't like Razer, and then you see lots of Youtubers and other people like Razer items.

I just wanted to know your guys opinion on Razer items.

Thanks.

Their branding carries their premium price.... 

They tend to be expensive. A little like Apple, they make good products, but they're expensive and a lot of the price is for the brand and looks. 

^ Basically this

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I just don't like the gaudy aesthetics

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I have a razer keyboard, mouse and mouse mat and love all of them however bad experiences about their headsets if you like the looks and dont mind the price premium which to be fair isnt that much more than anyone else charges then get razer

edit- i have owned them all about 3 years now and i use alot like 10+ hours a day and im not nice to them lol and none of them have broke so i dont see the hate about build quality

Gaming rig: CPU: I5-2500K GPU: EVGA 660TI 3GB SC+ RAM: Corsair 8GB Vengence 1600MHz SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo Keyboard: Razer Black Widow ultimate Mouse: Logitech MX Master Monitor: 2x Acer 21.5 inch

Laptop Dell 7559: CPU: i7-6700HQ GPU: GTX 960M 4GB RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

50/50 with them. Some items are great, some are terrible.

My Mamba, which cost £140 when they first launched... was good but fell apart quickly. Still works, but the battery is long gone, the mouse wheel is loose and squeeky, the coating is all but gone. My standard Naga however is awesome. Years later and its still like new.

The Arctosa/Lycosa keyboards are so bad. Their headsets are mostly rubbish. Their "cheaper" products are often tacky, cheap feeling and generally not as good as the competition. However the Blackwidows are good keyboards though.

Hit and miss. But they are heralded as the ultimate gaming periphal manufacture, when most of their products are outshined by other companies on a price-bracket comparison. If you go for their expensive products, they are usually very good. Cost is subjective. But their cheaper line-up is often sold solely on brand-recognition. Simply put, in many cases, you can do a lot better than Razer.

They tend to be expensive. A little like Apple, they make good products, but they're expensive and a lot of the price is for the brand and looks. 

I was about to say that. Kinda true-ish2

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Poor build, expensive.

/thread

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Expensive and break. My black widow 2013 got a stuck key 2nd day

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 has given me hell since I bought it.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

My Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 has given me hell since I bought it.

Well, it's a Blackwidow. What'd ya expect?

Black_widow_spider_9854_lores.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Much of their stuff has a tendency to break, which doesn't fit well with trying to be a premium brand but... Oh well. They are the only ones manufacturing (or, well, manufactured since they changed it...) a keyboard I actually like using. The Gen 1 Razer lycosa. Best keyboard ever. Shame the new ones are garbage.

Good thing I stacked up on a few of them!

Cheers,

Linus

Only product I would buy from Razer is a deathadder 2013 (Which I already have because it is one of the few mice available with a flawless sensor). The rest of their mice have a fuckton of buttons I don't need and gaudy lights everywhere that are completely unnecessary. I feel like their keyboards are somewhat low quality, especially when Corsair's keyboards and Ducky keyboards are comparable in price. I have a blackwidow that I go for free from some raffle years ago and wouldn't use it over my k70. 

Wouldn't buy anything expensive from them including their Razer blades. And lol at the gaming tablet. 

To my knowledge, people don't like Razer because their build quality has been known to be below average on a few select products. There are, however, lots of people who are very satisfied with them, myself included. I have the older blue Deathadder and it has been working perfectly for the last two or so years that I have had it. My kabuto mousepad is also in like new condition, despite being a year old. 

Most people probably hate them because their only experience with Razer stuff were the few products that were badly made (the original Mamba's rubber coating wore off, the old Deathadders started to double click after a while, etc). 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Much of their stuff has a tendency to break, which doesn't fit well with trying to be a premium brand but... Oh well. They are the only ones manufacturing (or, well, manufactured since they changed it...) a keyboard I actually like using. The Gen 1 Razer lycosa. Best keyboard ever. Shame the new ones are garbage.

Good thing I stacked up on a few of them!

I had one that did ok. Spilt whisky on it. Bought a second and it was terrible. Both first gen. Locking keys, jamming keys, media buttons locking when not even used. And the coating just wore off in a few months. Can't believe I bought a 2nd one.

Bought a Filco Majestouch Ninja when they came out. Its been flawless since. If you have the money and are looking for a solid mechanical, then they are up there. The plain, sleek, subtle look suites any environment too from gaming to offices. Also, completely standard keys so I can replace all of them with a standard set.

Only product I would buy from Razer is a deathadder 2013 (Which I already have because it is one of the few mice available with a flawless sensor). The rest of their mice have a fuckton of buttons I don't need and gaudy lights everywhere that are completely unnecessary. I feel like their keyboards are somewhat low quality, especially when Corsair's keyboards and Ducky keyboards are comparable in price. I have a blackwidow that I go for free from some raffle years ago and wouldn't use it over my k70. 

Wouldn't buy anything expensive from them including their Razer blades. And lol at the gaming tablet. 

The deathadder 2013 is a really nice mouse. Also, the only mouse with a lot of buttons would be the Naga, which is an MMO focused mouse. The Logitech g600, Corsair M90, and the Steelseries WOW mouse all have around the same number of buttons. I do, however, agree with their keyboards being meh. Ducky FTW!

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

My Razer products have been awesome while they lasted... but my problem has been that they break a lot in my experience and that of my friends. Two friends and I have had 8 Razer Carcharias headphones an all of them have died 11-15 months after buying them so just before or just after the end of the warranty.

I've had a few mice from Razer also. They were awesome, but broke fast. Now I use Logitech... New problems but they're not as bad for me.

Ok thanks guys, for answering my question!

EDIT: Does anyone know if Corsair products are good? E.g Corsair Vengeance K70 keyboard,Vengeance M65 mouse,Vengeance MM200 Extended Edition mouse mat and the Vengeance 2100 headset.

Ok thanks guys, for answering my question!

EDIT: Does anyone know if Corsair products are good? E.g Corsair Vengeance K70 keyboard,Vengeance M65 mouse,Vengeance MM200 Extended Edition mouse mat and the Vengeance 2100 headset.

They're good. To be honest, if I have so much time in the past to browse what keyboards are good in gaming, I might've got the Corsair keyboard but I don't regret buying the BlackWidow 2013. :D

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

They're good. To be honest, if I have so much time in the past to browse what keyboards are good in gaming, I might've got the Corsair keyboard but I don't regret buying the BlackWidow 2013. :D

Ok thanks.

I find that Razer can be really hit and miss when it comes to build quality and reliability. I have 2 original Deathadders and they're awesome, they work great and are yet to have any wear. On the other hand I had the opportunity to have an extended play with the Razer Deathstalker keyboard, (multiple of them FYI) and they were all really poor in build quality. The keys felt loose and tacky, and the keyboard was surprisingly light. Not very good for it's price. So, it really depends on what you get. The Deathadder mice are generally considered to be great, plus I have two Goliathus mouse-mats that have been great too. Apart from that, read reviews, take everything with a grain of salt.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

They break easy, they're overpriced, and EVERYTHING HAS FUCKING GREEN.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)