What's wrong with Razer?

FuriousFing

They break easy, they're overpriced, and EVERYTHING HAS FUCKING GREEN.

The green might be established brand image. Someone will end up getting mad if they go non-green.

At least they're recoloring cases for a better match ;)

I don't know anything about Razer products, but I bet they're (usually) ok.

Maybe I should pick up the Deathstalker keyboard (Deathadder?) at my Wal-Mart, it's like $69.99.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

The green might be established brand image. Someone will end up getting mad if they go non-green.

Maybe I should pick up the Deathstalker keyboard (Deathadder?) at my Wal-Mart, it's like $69.99.

Yeah. Too bad Gigabyte no longer makes the G1.Sniper? motherboards with green accents (they did with Z887, but the Z97 ones have red accents).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Blue PCB master race.

Green PCB master race (goooo 2004 Dell!!!).

Hopefully I'll be getting a rig with an ASUS Z97-A motherboard soon... :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I find that Razer can be really hit and miss when it comes to build quality and reliability. I have 2 original Deathadders and they're awesome, they work great and are yet to have any wear. On the other hand I had the opportunity to have an extended play with the Razer Deathstalker keyboard, (multiple of them FYI) and they were all really poor in build quality. The keys felt loose and tacky, and the keyboard was surprisingly light. Not very good for it's price. So, it really depends on what you get. The Deathadder mice are generally considered to be great, plus I have two Goliathus mouse-mats that have been great too. Apart from that, read reviews, take everything with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the help guys! I think I will be getting everything with Corsair. (Maybe not my headset, don't know yet.) 

old Razer mice were much sturdier like my Deathadder 3G and it still survives the wall.

the new stuff breaks.... crap quality, especially their keyboards... like the Blackwidow ultimate... it doesnt handle rage gamers, every key snaps....its SHITE....

ye Razer is overpriced, and has crap quality.... Im mostly using Ducky and Logitech combination....those are quality stuff! Atleast Ducky arent made in China like Razer stuff are! :)

Green PCB master race (goooo 2004 Dell!!!).

Hopefully I'll be getting a rig with an ASUS Z97-A motherboard soon... :D

Or a Z97-Deluxe, its better :)

Or a Z97-Deluxe, its better :)

Money. Granted, I'm not buying the stuff, but still.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Welp, their products break easily. Mine didn't even last 2 years!

My razer lycosa is the worst keyboard that i have ever used. A cheap $10 keyboard from Dell or HP is better than that rubbish. The razer imperator's buttons "double click" after a year.

Don't get me wrong though, i like their products in terms of performance. But for longevity, no.

Their marketing skills are great for covering up their fail products though.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

razer is nice... until it breaks.

All the razer 2013+ gear I've owned broke quickly or was DOA. It was pretty damn disappointing considering how much they were asking for these products.

Their older stuff was half decent and their (or gigabyte's) blade laptops seem pretty nice, but for the price I'd rather a macbook and a desktop.

also the fact that they hardly have any peripherals that match colour schemes other than green sucks. how hard can implementing some rgb LEDs be?

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Personally i have a full Razer set up but i am trading it in because i have out grown it. they feel like they are made for a 12 year old boy and feel fairly cheap. not my style anymore and also starts to really flex after about a year of use. The plastic they use is very weak when around heat (body heat) and feels like it is going to break after a few hours of use. Also their software is still horrid and impossible to get into to fix the bugs! I have asked them multiple times to make their software more open but they refuse.

razer is like apple when it comes to prices but they don't have the apple build quality.

its a novelty product if anything. 

I don't like Razer's design style myself. They also seem to put more money on marketing than trying to create better products. They have few products I could see myself using (DeathAdder2013, OrbWeaver, Surround software) but majority of the product line is trash.

I don't like Razer's design style myself. They also seem to put more money on marketing than trying to create better products. They have few products I could see myself using (DeathAdder2013, OrbWeaver, Surround software) but majority of the product line is trash.

their surround software killed my audio and I had to RMA my motherboard and reinstall windows.

I've bought a few products over the years. My deathadder is my favourite although my friend is using it.

My onza was my next favourite but well its in bits now because triggers started breaking and the sticks went too.

Speaking of which I need to call in my debts and get my deathadder back or at least get some money for the damn thing.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

You pay a little bit extra for the brand, but quality is awesome.

Regards Blackwidow 2k13/Deathadder 2k13/Goliathus Small+Extended/Kraken Pro

im not a fan of their build quality on lots of their products, they feel cheap. and you pay a huge premium for the nifty green logo.

that being said, i used to own the Carcharias headset which was fairly comfortable while wearing my glasses, but it broke. and i currently use their Ouroborous mouse since my R.A.T 7 died (mad catz is also well known for piss poor build quality).

i like their stuff, its just more expensive than it needs to be

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I've had 2 Blackwidow keyboards fail on me. One had LED failures, the other had a defective switch underneath the backspace key.

I haven't had any of these sorts of issues with Steelseries, Logitech, Ducky, and KUL. 

Razer has just been a headache to deal with. 

Every time I hear about Razer I still think of this thing:

Razer_side-on_view.jpg

The awesome Robot Wars world champion way back when that show still aired.

My brother has a few Razer mice and indeed build quality isn't quite what their price suggests. Shame MadCatz isn't that good either because I own a RAT5. That said I tend to handle my stuff with care so it shouldn't break that soon.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.