nintendo loses lawsuit brought by phillips

mr moose

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/23/5833560/nintendo-loses-uk-lawsuit-regarding-wii-motion-controls

Apparently Phillips has a patent that covers just about every feature of the Nintendo controller system. 

According to court documents filed in the U.S. last month, Philips filed suit against Nintendo for infringing upon a patent for motion control and another for wireless devices that can be remotely controlled by a second device. The suit outlined that Nintendo's Wii, Wii Remote and Wii Remote Plus controllers, Nunchuk, Balance Board, Wii U console, Wii U GamePad, Wii Mini and Wii MotionPlus technology are all in violation of the first patent. The Wii U and GamePad console ecosystem were identified in the suit as infringing upon the second.

It will be interesting to see what the fall out from this is,  The thing that scares me the most is that it is also being contested in Germany and a few other European courts,  and they seem to have a fairer court outcome for IP violations.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

:o

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I am actually surprised that Phillips won... I hate these lawsuits.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I hate our patent system so much.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Fucking Phillips? PHILLIPS? WHO THE FUCK EVEN BUYS ANYTHING FROM PHILLIPS ANYWAYS?

Everyone,  they make components as well and they are HUGE.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That is seriously screwed up. There are allot of products that can fall under that very vague patent. Sony and their motion control implemented in their controllers

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I hate how they never explain the specifics of the these patents in these types of cases. This maybe the fault of the author of the article, in that case; that's pretty lazy of them.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Fucking Phillips? PHILLIPS? WHO THE FUCK EVEN BUYS ANYTHING FROM PHILLIPS ANYWAYS?

Edit: Shit... my *lower body* shaver is Phillips...

Lol, mine is Axe.

Oh shit, it's a rebrand of Phillips...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/philips-norelco-axe-body-groomer-black/2680395.p?id=1219075835149&skuId=2680395&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=2680395&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!77696967879!g!!45498710439&kpid=2680395&k_clickid=2a873698-24ac-de68-0a10-00000b16826a

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I hate how they never explain the specifics of the these patents in these types of cases. This maybe the fault of the author of the article, in that case; that's pretty lazy of them.

IP law requires that each patent be publicly available and published in a manner that a person of reasonable skill can re-produce the item/product.  There fore if you want details you should be able to search for them.

I guess it's Philips revenge on the failed deal with Nintendo on the disk based system for the Super Nintendo (after the bad deal with Sony).

I guess making horrible Nintendo games for their Philips CDi console, wasn't enough, and the release of a console to try and compete against Nintendo wasn't enough.

I guess it's Philips revenge on the failed deal with Nintendo on the disk based system for the Super Nintendo (after the bad deal with Sony).

I guess making horrible Nintendo games for their Philips CDi console, wasn't enough, and the release of a console to try and compete against Nintendo wasn't enough.

The one from the early 90s? Boy that's quite the fucking grudge

-------

Current Rig

-------

Edit: Shit... my *lower body* shaver is Phillips...

everyone, they make internal components.

I like mine better

100000123189_01-800.jpg

You can definitely see in this picture where Nintendo copied the design for their controller.  If you look closely at the front you can see it has a button too.