Ubisoft Massive Sweden leak on Division downgrade

deathjester

You are taking sense there, it all looks a bit iffy!

edit, very iffy!

I just really want The Division...so I guess I'm in a bit of denial as well.

I really suggest everyone to wait and see Total Biscuits review about it, he will ridicule it like no other.

Now I have a very good reason to boycott Ubisoft's games other than not liking most of them.

:3

COMIC SANS

I really suggest everyone to wait and see Total Biscuits review about it, he will ridicule it like no other.

yeah it was one of my most anticipated games as well, along with MGS V and now Rainbow Six Seige 

Sorry guys, but I'm calling BS.

News source is anonymous and the website reporting on it looks fake.

Obviously we shouldn't trust Ubisoft, but until an official statement has been made by them, then I'm going to dismiss this.

Time to wait for when it's released, if it looks like the Xbone/PS4 version, then we know what happened.

What other way can an employee vent but anonymous emails. As he says they are under no legal obligation to say if a game is downgraded from a "vertical slice". He knows the engines, he is at Ubisoft Sweden and not Montreal. He prob is ticked off his game is getting totaled for consoles as well. 

Imagine you are a game dev, making awesome effects that could be seen in a game and they are buried at release due to "politics". If you give an interview on record you are fired. Do you think they would give an interview to sites trying to make the worse fix sound like a "mod"? Do you think the devs are dumb enough to give an interview to IGN (as if they would even air it)? Nope. It would be leaked to a smaller website and or neogaf and they would use an anonymous email with neogaf. 

Do you stand by Ubisoft's repeated statements that there was no downgrade? They are straight up lying to you, because they can. You have no legal action you can take. 

Farcy 4 has already said it is running max on a console. That = downgrade. You think they are doing a 180 on The Division which had a reveal that looked incredible?

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/home/

What banner do you click on to watch the trailer. One that says "watch the E3 CGI trailer".

You think the game is looking like the screens shown here? It never says "running on a ps4/xbox one". There is no way in hell they are getting these graphics on a console with multiplayer.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/media/screens/index.aspx

Water_street_view_web_100155.jpg

I totally see a 1.84 or a 1.31 TFLOP GPU putting this out. Let's all throw out our higher end cards and downgrade. AMD 7770/7790 is where the magic happens.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

"Hey look that guy runs much better in a race than us so, lets chop his legs down so that we can beat him." - Ubisoft Logic

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Why is ubisoft at the center of this shitstorm when we all know that developers for the past decade are guilty of doing this. Don't be outraged at ubisoft be outraged at the system that encourages this type of business.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

What other way can an employee vent but anonymous emails. As he says they are under no legal obligation to say if a game is downgraded from a "vertical slice". He knows the engines, he is at Ubisoft Sweden and not Montreal. He prob is ticked off his game is getting totaled for consoles as well. 

Imagine you are a game dev, making awesome effects that could be seen in a game and they are buried at release due to "politics". If you give an interview on record you are fired. Do you think they would give an interview to sites trying to make the worse fix sound like a "mod"? Do you think the devs are dumb enough to give an interview to IGN (as if they would even air it)? Nope. It would be leaked to a smaller website and or neogaf and they would use an anonymous email with neogaf. 

Then why didn't he anonymously send an email to actual REPUTABLE news sites? PC mag, PC gamer, Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot, Joystiq, Polygon, Destructoid? Why isn't this on NeoGAF(I can't find it at least)? I understand that IGN wouldn't say anything because they are paid off, but the only sites I can read this on are forums like LTT and Reddit and these "news" sites I've never heard of before.

I understand that the devs would hate to see their baby destroyed, but an anonymous tip on a shady "news" site? Sorry, but I'm not biting. There are MANY more ways to go about saying something, but this isn't one of them.

Watch_Dogs E3 settings are possible and The Division E3 settings are indeed possible as well, but I'm not going to start throwing a tantrum on something that hasn't been PROVEN. If you do not know something as FACT then you shouldn't start hating somebody or something based on information that hasn't been confirmed.

Little skeptical of this, but still. I fucking told you so. Ubisoft will find a way to fuck up The Division. Predicted.

I'm not skeptical, they did it with watch dogs, they are doing it with farcry 4 and they are going to do it with the division

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Newsflash. PC is much more powerful than next gen.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

*removes image*

Yes, I know. But they are surely better than anything OP has provided as a source.

Also, I did find a NeoGAF thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=841769

I think at this point, it's expected, but most posters are saying it's rumors and should be treated as such, which is what I'm doing.

Yes, I know. But they are surely better than anything OP has provided as a source.

No and here's why: All of them are fucking bought assholes who take huge amounts of money from publishers, including Ubisoft. You really think they'd run a news item like this and risk losing those sponsorship dollars? They would immediately rat the employee out to Ubisoft and I'd be surprised if they ran the story at all but certainly not in it's current form.

As for this argument of "It's not true cause rumors" I already replied to it: 

I really don't think it's that out of term: You can tell Ubi is flatout lying by just looking at the performance of the un-nerf mod. You can also use spec sheets and common sense to know they are lying when they say that FC4 on consoles will be equivalent to very high/ultra settings on PC

Sadly, Ubi has done most of the job themselves with their stupid fucking PR to give credibility to this rumor since they literally lie to us.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I actually knew this was the reason why Ubisoft limited Watch_Dogs. Should've called it.

Do you want to know what grinds my gears?
The old forum.

Dear Ubitsoft,

You have lost me as a customer for life, FUCK YOU UBISOFT.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's just rumors at this point, but it sounds so plausible to me. It is obvious right now that they did it with watch dogs, we have heard them say that the console version of Far Cry 4 will look just as good as the PC version on highest settings and now this. And the worst part is, I doubt that it will hurt their sales too much since most copies are sold on console anyway.

Then why didn't he anonymously send an email to actual REPUTABLE news sites? PC mag, PC gamer, Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot, Joystiq, Polygon, Destructoid? Why isn't this on NeoGAF(I can't find it at least)? I understand that IGN wouldn't say anything because they are paid off, but the only sites I can read this on are forums like LTT and Reddit and these "news" sites I've never heard of before.

I understand that the devs would hate to see their baby destroyed, but an anonymous tip on a shady "news" site? Sorry, but I'm not biting. There are MANY more ways to go about saying something, but this isn't one of them.

Watch_Dogs E3 settings are possible and The Division E3 settings are indeed possible as well, but I'm not going to start throwing a tantrum on something that hasn't been PROVEN. If you do not know something as FACT then you shouldn't start hating somebody or something based on information that hasn't been confirmed.

Not saying it is true but most of those sites would have never posted from an anonymous source

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I would like to know. Would you buy another game from ubi? Me personally, if they screw up the division there officially dead to me.

http://strawpoll.me/1973008

cpu:i5-4670k | Ram: 16gb | Case:Nzxt phantom 520 | Psu: corsair tx850 gold

mobo: Asus hero | Gpu: evga 780 | Storage: seagate 2tb/smamsung evo 240gb

Sound: Corsair 2100 / Mouse: Corsair m65 mouse / Keyboard: Corsair k70 / Display Vizio 23inch hdtv (changing soon)

This is Ubisoft.
50d4c66f0e070.jpeg

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

Then why didn't he anonymously send an email to actual REPUTABLE news sites? PC mag, PC gamer, Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot

CosbyGSKmain2.jpg

Yup here was reputable Phil Savage from "PC gamer" defending Ubisoft in a totally professional way.

http://a.pomf.se/kdobfr.webm

IGN? I mean really?  Colin Moriarty's video defending Mass Effect 3 criticisms should shout that magazine is an advertising arm of big devs. 

Kotaku? Can't forget this gem. PC Ultra on Tomb Raider (if Ultra were a 2006 GPU). Most laughable article I have ever seen. Got to love Kotaku's "ultra screenshots" along with the statement that Xbox One and PS4 version looks better than PC (LOL).

http://kotaku.com/tomb-raider-on-ps4-is-more-definitive-than-on-xbox-o-1508613136

Let me help you out. There are no reputable game journalists that get alpha and beta looks and previews of the game. Want to know why? 

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8568051&publicUserId=5379799

Cus of crap like that. You are blacklisted by the big publishers and receive no early releases, looks of the game if you are overly critical of their products. You are not going to see any of these magazines do a take on Ubisoft like Total Biscuit or Linus, because they would be blacklisted. No more early looks (that drive internet traffic and ads), no more early copies (so you can have a first day review which = ad money).

LOL at "reputable" game journalists.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Why is ubisoft at the center of this shitstorm when we all know that developers for the past decade are guilty of doing this. Don't be outraged at ubisoft be outraged at the system that encourages this type of business.

well ubisoft is a publisher and developer so its wholly responsible. unlike how EA could be blamed for Dice having to rush BF4.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

At least we won't have to worry about oculus rift games being unoptimized for pc, because oculus rift does not exist on conslols

Why do you give a fuck about what Total Biscuit says/does?

Now moving on...unless you're in full denial or have impaired vision, you'd have noticed that this year's gameplay already looks inferior to the original 2013 reveal.

Things i spotted: lots of jaggies (indicating lower resolution/no anti aliasing in order to better represent the visuals on console), inferior lighting, inferior/fewer particles, lower LoD, lower draw distance, horrible low res textures on buildings 20-30 meters away from your character, overall the same crap that happened with Watch Dogs.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

We need a GIF of Linus digging with the caption

"UBISOFT JUST KEEPS ON DIGGING"

if you watch him on NCIX this shouldn't be a problem

BeneficialDarkArctichare.gif