Ubisoft Massive Sweden leak on Division downgrade

deathjester

Come on guys.. it was obvious.. Damn ubisoft  :angry:

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

It's not about whether the game is good or bad, whether it's beautiful or ugly, it's that it's not using the hardware available to it's fullest potential and is thus gimping the entire PC playerbase so that they can hide the disparity of graphical fidelity and power.

Remember, graphics entails a lot of things, like textures, models, animations, how many characters you can have on screen at a single time. Things like anti-aliasing and other environmental effects also play in here. But then underneath the surface is also other things like AI and many things which will effect gameplay that would benefit a lot more from being run on higher-powered platforms instead of the limited power of the consoles.

It's about getting the most out of your product, which is why we all sigh with disappointment when we hear a game is going to be 720p with 30fps, because we all know it's a capable achievement, just the consoles are already dated and we're being held down by that.

I miss the days of playing on my PS2 and knowing that 90% of all games I bought were smooth as fucking ice and playing like a breeze, nowadays you've got to hope and dream until you shit your pants when you realize you just spent $100 on a game that plays like piss and can barely hold your interest for twenty minutes.

So, no, despite what you may consider a "rational" thought, you barely tackle what seems to be the issue here. You say that the game may not be ugly, well, that doesn't matter, we were shown a working edition of a game, if the final result looks worse in comparison then that is a fucking failure on behalf of the developers, for whatever reason it may be. Sure, we can settle for the sub-par in comparison graphics of the next-gen consoles, we can stand idly by as the next four to eight years are filled with shit games that just spend millions of dollars trying to get the most out of the piles of shit before the big-wigs release the next set of consoles which will put them ahead, but still behind PC and we'll sit through the cycle all over again.

As to your comment about consoles making the most money for the devs, I read a post earlier saying exactly this:

I can't be arsed reading it, I imagine it's probably got more asterisks than you could poke a waffle at but at the very least it shows that the PC gaming market is substantial and not something to be over-looked, however, we're getting the shit end of the dick here as it's being jammed down our throats whilst we throw our money at them. It's not just PC, console gamers to, consumers in general within the video gaming industry are losing out every second and majority of us couldn't care less and that's the saddest part.

We need less people like you, less people who are okay with this, to be completely honest, complacency is never a welcome attribute amongst the consumer, you're bending over and allowing them to slide that wooden bat so far up your arse that you can taste it on the tip of your tongue as your licking their assholes. Personally? I'm going to pirate everything here-on from Ubisoft until they decide to stop intentionally shafting their customers, that's if I even want to play any of their shitty games anyway.

So I agree that ubi shouldn't be downgrading at all, if a person's pc can handle that demo that was running on 2 titans then I think they should be able to play it like that. Also I'll admit I'm not the most tech savy guy when it comes to graphics. Although you're really not going to get anywhere even with your solution.

Ubisoft: Hey guys consoles bring in more money let's cater to them

PC: They're catering to weaker systems, I'm not buying anything else from them.

Ubisoft: Our PC stuff isn't selling, let's stop wasting money on that platform and just stick to making the best console version.

Also if you thought your link to the Ubisoft document was going to prove that PCs bring in more, you're mistaken. The Xbox and PS3 combined blow the PC out of water, every other quarter even the PS3 and Xbox alone bring in more profit not to mention together. Also the reason why Q4 2013 did so well on PC actually is due to the fact that the next consoles we're releasing then and people didn't have anything but 1 ubisoft game to buy on those systems and also didn't want to buy it on the on their way out PS3 and 360s if you want a more realistic view of how things would've played out in Q4 without next gen systems just add the PS4 and PS3 percentage together.

Also it might seem like I'm taking Ubisoft side and as you said in a very descriptive way "getting the bat stuck up my own ass", I'd like a solution that doesn't result in no PC port as unlike you I'd rather play a game that's not as graphically pleasing than no game at all. If you can find a better solution than "pirate them" or "don't buy them" I'm all ears for it.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft and Sony play a huge part in this he even said "marketing politics plays into this a lot as well." obviously they want to milk the cow for another 5+ years. Sony looses money on their consoles which means they have to make money in the long run, by controlling the market and gradually increasing the graphics as they see fit they can increase the lifespan of their consoles which is how they profit.

They're already turning a profit on hardware but what you say definitely makes sense

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

We need less people like you, less people who are okay with this, to be completely honest, complacency is never a welcome attribute amongst the consumer, you're bending over and allowing them to slide that wooden bat so far up your arse that you can taste it on the tip of your tongue as your licking their assholes. Personally? I'm going to pirate everything here-on from Ubisoft until they decide to stop intentionally shafting their customers, that's if I even want to play any of their shitty games anyway.

But that's not how consumerism works,  It's really simple:

they make a game,  if you like it you buy it, if you don't like it you don't buy it,  If someone likes the product and is happy with the quality/price then they are neither being complacent nor are they "bending over". It's a choice they make knowing what they are getting.  You seem to feel entitled to products that Ubisoft don't want to make.   No one is being forced to pay for it.  No one is forcing you to support ubisoft. 

Honestly some of you are carrying on like spoilt children,  If you want to know what being shafted is like you should try filling your car with petrol every week and paying the power bill.  Those are two products you CANNOT do without, CANNOT boycott and CANNOT control the price of.  At least you can buy a different game or read a book.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

well lets just wait to modders find the E3 graphics files in the division

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

But that's not how consumerism works,  It's really simple:

they make a game,  if you like it you buy it, if you don't like it you don't buy it,  If someone likes the product and is happy with the quality/price then they are neither being complacent nor are they "bending over". It's a choice they make knowing what they are getting.  You seem to feel entitled to products that Ubisoft don't want to make.   No one is being forced to pay for it.  No one is forcing you to support ubisoft. 

Honestly some of you are carrying on like spoilt children,  If you want to know what being shafted is like you should try filling your car with petrol every week and paying the power bill.  Those are two products you CANNOT do without, CANNOT boycott and CANNOT control the price of.  At least you can buy a different game or read a book.

In a way I agree with you.  I'm just going to face it that pretty much all future pc games are going to be no more than console ports and we will get the shaft no matter what.  All I ask is not to continue the bait and switch with graphics.  If they're going to release a game with shitty graphics then please show us the crappy graphics up front, don't pull a Division or Watchdogs on us. The sad part with all of this is that pc gamers will not have the incentive to upgrade their hardware anymore which will in turn hurt the entire pc industry.  In the end console peasants will win....LOL!!!!

Well.. damn.. 

Since i still want to play their future titles but i refuse to support this kind of idiotic business practice.. I guess there's only one thing to do..

tumblr_mg81zijQ7q1qdvy33o2_500_zpsbbb0a5

I find meself in need of a ship.. and a crew...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

In a way I agree with you.  I'm just going to face it that pretty much all future pc games are going to be no more than console ports and we will get the shaft no matter what.  All I ask is not to continue the bait and switch with graphics.  If they're going to release a game with shitty graphics then please show us the crappy graphics up front, don't pull a Division or Watchdogs on us. The sad part with all of this is that pc gamers will not have the incentive to upgrade their hardware anymore which will in turn hurt the entire pc industry.  In the end console peasants will win....LOL!!!!

Yes, that's absolutely fair enough.  And every game they release with shit graphics after a media plug with great graphics is borderline a legal issue, However that's why we have reviewers, they can tell us if it is shit or not before we buy it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Because that's going to stop them from selling 4million in the first week right?

If consoles are making devs the most profit why would they ignore them and cater to PCs? Also can we take this with a grain of salt people say "Anonymous insider" and it's officially confirmed. I have seen no proof that tells me this game will be ugly(yes ugly not downgraded, but ugly. Game could still get downgraded and look phenomenal). I feel like I'm going to get hate for this but bring it on, I'm going to be logical and reasonable and not jump on the "ubisoft must die" bandwagon.

I can see where you're coming from, but I still disagree a little. Even if the game looks good, it's a shame they didn't take advantage of PC hardware to make it look better. 

If you disagree with what the producer of a product is doing, don't buy it. Yes, it will make a difference. Voting with your wallet does help.

No one's going to hate on you for being logical and reasonable, but alluding that everyone else isn't will.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

You're cool kid.  Two thumbs up, would play again. 

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Because that's going to stop them from selling 4million in the first week right?

If consoles are making devs the most profit why would they ignore them and cater to PCs? Also can we take this with a grain of salt people say "Anonymous insider" and it's officially confirmed. I have seen no proof that tells me this game will be ugly(yes ugly not downgraded, but ugly. Game could still get downgraded and look phenomenal). I feel like I'm going to get hate for this but bring it on, I'm going to be logical and reasonable and not jump on the "ubisoft must die" bandwagon.

But what doesn't make sense is that they already have these better graphics options working and available, and then hide and lie about them. Why? What could it possibly accomplish?

But what doesn't make sense is that they already have these better graphics options working and available, and then hide and lie about them. Why? What could it possibly accomplish?

They were turned of to make the PC version look closer to the ""Next gen consoles""

Which is very annoying PC on Ultra should always look better not the SAME!

But yer thats the reason so in short Politics  

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

They were turned of to make the PC version look closer to the ""Next gen consoles""

Which is very annoying PC on Ultra should always look better not the SAME!

But yer thats the reason so in short Politics  

But as I said, WHY would they do that? It's obviously only hurting them, unless they were paid to do it. They put the money and dev time into making those settings, and the better looking it is the better the sales could be, so why disable something working. THAT's what doesn't make sense. Ubisoft shouldn't care if it looks better than the new consoles, but for some reason they do.

But as I said, WHY would they do that? It's obviously only hurting them, unless they were paid to do it. They put the money and dev time into making those settings, and the better looking it is the better the sales could be, so why disable something working. THAT's what doesn't make sense. Ubisoft shouldn't care if it looks better than the new consoles, but for some reason they do.

Well, we would really only be speculating without any real knowledge, but here's my thoughts on why:

Ubisoft make 80% of their income from consoles,  MS only just make profit on xbox and god knows what's happening with sony, suffice to say if sales of the consoles drop there is a real chance one of the companies will go arse up on the console and that potentially takes a huge chunk out of ubisofts revenue.  Lets assume that with the cost of pcs coming down over the last few years, it is more and more likely that enough console players might shift to pc for the "better graphics", thus causing enough of a drop in sales to ruin one console.  The take up in pc will not be enough to compensate for the lost sales to one of the consoles.  So their decision = offer no incentive for gamers to consider buying a pc and try to keep the console sales high enough that they both stay in business.

Well, we would really only be speculating without any real knowledge, but here's my thoughts on why:

Ubisoft make 80% of their income from consoles,  MS only just make profit on xbox and god knows what's happening with sony, suffice to say if sales of the consoles drop there is a real chance one of the companies will go arse up on the console and that potentially takes a huge chunk out of ubisofts revenue.  Lets assume that with the cost of pcs coming down over the last few years, it is more and more likely that enough console players might shift to pc for the "better graphics", thus causing enough of a drop in sales to ruin one console.  The take up in pc will not be enough to compensate for the lost sales to one of the consoles.  So their decision = offer no incentive for gamers to consider buying a pc and try to keep the console sales high enough that they both stay in business.

So true sadly urggggh 

I wish a big dev would put PC first for a change 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Are you guys seriously still believing an un-credible source from an rather unknown gaming website?

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Idk why you guys are mad, I'm not even playing these controversial games, I won't give them my money and then get angry they won't change.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/ubisoft-allays-the-division-downgrade-fears/

Admiral Chief Cyber Commando

"Ubisoft, either you die a respected company, or you live long enough to see yourself becoming EA..."

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Well, at least they're honest now.

This really sucks though.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

Really ubisoft?

post-18625-0-94438900-1403887802.png

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

We need a GIF of Linus digging with the caption

"UBISOFT JUST KEEPS ON DIGGING"

if you watch him on NCIX this shouldn't be a problem

Q3OjVSu.gif

i did not make this it was posted by: Mo5

=

Are you guys seriously still believing an un-credible source from an rather unknown gaming website?

It's fun to speculate. And even better if you turn out to be right.

It's Ubisoft, and with their recent comments, the odds are good for this website.