PewDiePie reveals his annual revenue!

What are you hiding from us, @LinusTech?

Does @LinusTech has anything to say about this?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Holy fucking balls, and to think that's just off of YouTube.

What are you hiding from us, @LinusTech?

Actually if you think about it, he has ilke 27 times more viewers and it should be a rough estimation of how much more revenue.

It would mean that Linus it's pulling roughly 148k a year. He has what, 5 employees? So take away at least 100k if not more from that right off the bat. More likely the entire 148k just for employees. Which leaves him with just what he pulls off from sponsors and those commercials he produces.

So in reality, unless you can deliver all the stuff he does as a solo man or a team of 2 or 3, barely enough.

-------

Current Rig

-------

He is annoying why on earth people like him in the first place is the question on my mind.

Young people, Younger people that is. probably <10

I met a one of his subscribers personaly.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

now how much is it after taxes........

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

And now, for the obvious follow up... wait for it....

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/linustechtips

Though this is pure speculation, I bet Linus gets a lot more than the base number because his videos are often more product centric, and he has specific product/service sponsors.    Also, his demographics, judging from this very forum is like prime real estate.  Young guys who have yet to have all their money taken by  divorce settlements/angry girlfriends.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Does he still live in Sweden? Isn't there a 90% tax rate if you make that kind of money, or is that why he donates so much of it to charities?

Reminds me of something saying Notch from Minecraft being the 3rd biggest Swedish taxpayer, then someone else saying he wouldn't be the 3rd biggest if he lost some weight.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Before you all start saying what a terrible person he is, he raised more than 1 million $ for charity.

Anyway, I highly doubt that that is his Reddit account. I am not on Reddit, but I highly doubt it. He's not allowed to say how much he earns, because of his partnership with YouTube. And he also stated on twitter, that 4 million is an exaggerated number. Moving on.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Nothing he does is that "special", I could name loads of other channels that have better content than him.

I'm surprised no-one has hacked his account and deleted it yet.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I only know he exists because he's mentioned sometimes here.

I still don't know what he does beyond supposedly make youtube videos.

I know him because YT promotes him up the ass. 

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

That number sounds about right if he's doing basically nothing to optimize his revenue opportunities.

Mind you, with his overhead, and that kind of revenue, who cares about squeezing every last dollar...

It's interesting to know that my effective payout per view is fairly similar to his... He's a very high profile 'tuber, so I suspect his ad placements command a bit of a premium, but he's in a more saturated space (gaming). I'm much smaller, and less likely to be targeted, but my CPMs are on the high side, so it works out about the same.

The next trick is to figure out how to 30x my viewership...

Some people in this thread have mentioned this already, but I feel like I should say it too... YouTube money is not all it's cracked up to be - ESPECIALLY if you have a team to pay living wages to. Without this community, sponsors, commercials, and all the other stuff we do, we could not survive. If it was just me, my camera, and my cats then I'd be pretty ballin, but I have a bigger vision than that... I could never run this community by myself, for example.

Now he can afford to stop playing inferior console versions of games!

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

The amount of butthurt ppl here is too damn high.

You don't like him? DON'T WATCH HIM.There is no need for name calling.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Talking about the Youtube partnership not just something like machima. You aren't allowed to talk about it. 

he said roughly, and he's paid by many companies to give his thoughts and analyzations on games, he's paid to review many different games, and not only that but he streams to twitch.

The amount of butthurt ppl here is too damn high.

You don't like him? DON'T WATCH HIM.There is no need for name calling.

There is a freaking post about him on the front page of this board. When you watch anything gaming related on Youtube, there is a high chance that Google will whore him out to you as a "We'll think you'll enjoy" type recommendation. I had to use a script in my browser JUST to hide his videos from being suggested. So no, get out. It's hard to avoid when it's constantly shoved in your face. Same reason I hated the "better than Bieber" part of the WAN show and am glad this isn't really done anymore.

It's hard to avoid something when it's constantly shoved on you. That is the real problem, not simply saying "don't watch him". I even thought others were haters at first jumping on a hate band wagon until I watched an ep for myself and within the first couple of seconds it was instant regret. It /is/ that bad. There are far more deserving channels out there. People with fun personalities that I'd have no issue with them being rich as balls because I would be "Good, they deserved it". But when you can get that high a following for fake screaming like a little girl and being generally annoying as balls, it makes me question the collective IQ of the Internet.

I mean come on. You made a post about  a Youtuber that is very unpopular with members on this forum because they find him annoying. This is no better than making a troll thread that consoles are more powerful than PCs. Should have known the posts were not going to be favorable. It's not the money or "being jelly". Money doesn't randomly make someone less annoying unless you're a gold digger.

Good for him I guess, he found a way to make easy money and entertain people. Personally I never liked his videos, but hey, to each their own...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Honestly, early on he was a pretty decent YouTuber (around 11,000 to 20,000 subs).  When the fame hit though, he definitely went to shit.

This way he can keep the little girls into his videos.

There is a freaking post about him on the front page of this board. When you watch anything gaming related on Youtube, there is a high chance that Google will whore him out to you as a "We'll think you'll enjoy" type recommendation. I had to use a script in my browser JUST to hide his videos from being suggested. So no, get out. It's hard to avoid when it's constantly shoved in your face. Same reason I hated the "better than Bieber" part of the WAN show and am glad this isn't really done anymore.

It's hard to avoid something when it's constantly shoved on you. That is the real problem, not simply saying "don't watch him". I even thought others were annoying haters at first jumping on a hate band wagon until I watched an ep for myself and within the first couple of seconds it was instant regret. It /is/ that bad. There are far more deserving channels out there. People with fun personalities that I'd have no issue with them being rich as balls because I would be "Good, they deserved it". But when you can get that high a following for fake screaming like a little girl and being generally annoying as balls, it makes me question the collective IQ of the Internet.

You used a script....

fSE1Lu1.jpg

That will do the job just fine for every video.You should know that! Youtube is making these recommentations with every popular channel,not only pewdiepie.

I'm not trying to defend him,i am subsribed to him but i only watch like 1% of his videos.Some are good,some are obnoxious.He is getting payed to review stupid games mostly.I like him but i don't like the games he plays.

You should know that his channel is not for everyone.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

You used a script....

fSE1Lu1.jpg

That will do the job just fine for every video.You should know that! Youtube is making these recommentations with every popular channel,not only pewdiepie.

I'm not trying to defend him,i am subsribed to him but i only watch like 1% of his videos.Some are good,some are obnoxious.He is getting payed to review stupid games mostly.I like him but i don't like the games he plays.

You should know that his channel is not for everyone.

He's the new Fred.  Although in Freds defense, at least there was no pretense of him being anything more than a spaz.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

That number sounds about right if he's doing basically nothing to optimize his revenue opportunities.

Mind you, with his overhead, and that kind of revenue, who cares about squeezing every last dollar...

It's interesting to know that my effective payout per view is fairly similar to his... He's a very high profile 'tuber, so I suspect his ad placements command a bit of a premium, but he's in a more saturated space (gaming). I'm much smaller, and less likely to be targeted, but my CPMs are on the high side, so it works out about the same.

The next trick is to figure out how to 30x my viewership...

Some people in this thread have mentioned this already, but I feel like I should say it too... YouTube money is not all it's cracked up to be - ESPECIALLY if you have a team to pay living wages to. Without this community, sponsors, commercials, and all the other stuff we do, we could not survive. If it was just me, my camera, and my cats then I'd be pretty ballin, but I have a bigger vision than that... I could never run this community by myself, for example.

I am pretty sure at least one of the guys behind the scenes could be paid in those book lights.  Although I bet Luke will still demand cash, he might have been bribable with 780 ti's once, but ever since he stood directly in front of a ball of hair with a man attached to it... like nothing out of the ordinary just happened, he probably wants hazard pay from now on.

This world is so awesome. A guy who only plays games and screams like a dumb crow, gets millions of dollars, and people who work all day get money to just get some food .__.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

He deserves a large amount of subs, but not that many. 

Just imagine his earnings if he did minecraft  :o

Twitter | Steam |