What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia
1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

Ummmmmm.....such as? I've literally NEVER encountered a website or video I couldn't go to on a Mac or iOS device.

There was a while during Apple's first gen iPads (i think) that had problems with Flash player (and it not having it) at the time YouTube only used Flash Player for all their videos

45 minutes ago, SentiWW said:

I can't really tell, it was on their first iPad, YouTube just missed a lot of videos. If I find this iPad (I don't think I will) I will check and compare it to my other devices.

26 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

There was a while during Apple's first gen iPads (i think) that had problems with Flash player (and it not having it) at the time YouTube only used Flash Player for all their videos

That's what I was thinking, but A) flash is horrible, so we should all be ecstatic Apple dropped it many years ago, and B) that was nearly 8 years ago and the issues didn't last all that long.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

That's what I was thinking, but A) flash is horrible, so we should all be ecstatic Apple dropped it many years ago, and B) that was nearly 8 years ago and the issues didn't last all that long.

At the time there was no alliterative to Flash player, HTML 5 video didn't become ubiquitous till like 4 years later

I don't hate Apple, but I do think most of their products are dumb.  What I hate are Apple fans. Fans of any kind are annoying but certain brands have particularly obnoxious followings. Apples and AMD are chief among them. 

This is whyapple.jpg.b71fcff6712c1ed94f3c9c99c6903676.jpg

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Typical human behavior, although some people do have legitimate disagreements with the company, all they can do is chose not to support that business by buying their products. I think what it really comes down to is typical "out-group" hatred or fear. We see similar behavior whenever rival sports teams play each other, or when people from different ethnicities or places don't like each other for seemingly no good reason.

20 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Because they exploit workers, pushy shitty hardware as great, bought out a shit load of nan flash and D Ram bringing up the prices, don't pay taxes anywhere near were there they should be act like they are creating creating the next big thing when they aren't, they use there own proprietary media, no SD expansion, and they treat customers like shit

I'd disagree with treating customers like shit, i went in to an Apple store to replace my CEO's iPhone and although i found the entire process rather lengthy and unnecessary (would have just been easier for them to take the device give me a new one and then do back office admin after i've left) i didn't feel like they were trying to usher me out of the store at all

Also when my brother passed on and i inherited his iPad i had the Apple lock removed within 2 days so at least in the UK customer service i've had has been fine; i still wouldn't buy Apple (i outlined my reasons several pages ago) but their customer service has been fine for me although apparently the UK generally has better customer service compared to the US

1 hour ago, Tcrumpen said:

would have just been easier for them to take the device give me a new one and then do back office admin after i've left

Wait....that's basically how it goes. They take your phone, they hand you a new phone and turn it on/activate it, and then write down the serial numbers and then you can leave. 

Also when my brother passed on and i inherited his iPad i had the Apple lock removed within 2 days so at least in the UK customer service i've had has been fine; i still wouldn't buy Apple (i outlined my reasons several pages ago) but their customer service has been fine for me although apparently the UK generally has better customer service compared to the US

Apple customer support is honestly the same if not better than most of the competitors as far as I'm concerned. It's easier for anything under warranty since you can speak to someone who speaks your language and isn't simply reading off a notecard and there isn't a long process to get something replaced. Plus, anything that's not under warranty (e.g. accidental damage or the warranty period has ended), can be argued for, it might just take going through a few representatives (which is still far better than being told no 100% of the time as far as I'm concerned), but it can still be done almost every time. 

The real problem with Apple support isn't with their support but rather with Apple themselves in their inability to acknowledge a problem for years. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Overpriced Garbage achived through slavery.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On 12/18/2017 at 5:08 PM, djdwosk97 said:

The A11 smashes the SD 835 and RAM isn't comparable between different OSs.

The PH-1 has a headphone jack, a larger battery, and is $500. The iPhone X has a much better CPU, better camera, water resistance, wireless charging, and an OLED screen (neither better or worse). So, half the cost for most of the performance, but it also depends where your priorities lie. All flagships carry a stupid price premium, and Apple is certainly no exception. The motion controls (gestures) work perfectly, clearly someone is bitching about a product they have never even touched.

No, you buy the iPhone if you prefer iOS, want the better CPU (not that it's particularly relevant since an SD 835 is enough anyway), want to get updates for more than two years, water resistance, fast charging, and/or want a better camera.

On top of all of that, there's also a lot more to it than just raw specs. From @Suika who has used the Essential PH-1, iPhone, and is now on a Pixel 2XL I believe.

Apple isn't exactly alone in that, Foxconn manufacturers basically everything for everyone.

What Apple hardware is shitty? You can argue that certain products are overpriced, but it's far from being shitty. Unless you're referring to GPUs, in which case they're not targeting gamers, so a dGPU is irrelevant. 

So you're blaming them for buying the components required to make their devices....I get that. (They're also not alone in buying up DDR4)

Again, you're blaming them for taking advantage of tax laws that governments put in place in order to encourage businesses to do business in their areas? Just recently local governments were bidding against eachother as to who would give Amazon the biggest break to decide where a new major office would go. Tax loop holes exist to be used; they should be closed, but you can't blame a company or an individual for taking advantage of them (hell, that's 80% the purpose behind accountants/tax attorneys).

Could you enlighten me as to how RAM isn't comparable between OS's in this context? The generation of RAM, the amount of RAM, the latency of the RAM, how the OS uses the RAM, etc. does matter last I checked, but I could be wrong. It just happens to affect the overall experience, or so I thought...

1 minute ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Could you enlighten me as to how RAM isn't comparable between OS's in this context? The generation of RAM, the amount of RAM, the latency of the RAM, how the OS uses the RAM, etc. does matter last I checked, but I could be wrong. It just happens to affect the overall experience, or so I thought...

iOS and Android use memory differently, so you can't simply say Android has more RAM and therefore is better.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I think Apple are a company some love to love and others love to hate.

I always find the “iPhones are overpriced” thing to be a really odd argument though. iPhones have custom-designed ARM chips which typically destroy anything available in the Android market and unlike on Android most of the first-party apps and services don’t sustain themselves through advertising revenue or user data collection. iOS itself is a proprietary OS worked on exclusively by Apple and thus requires income to fund its development whereas Android (the OS itself) is open source and can be freely contributed to by pretty much anyone. Financial investment requirements aren’t necessarily as steep.

Or for a tl;dr: iPhones usually have the most powerful hardware you can get in a mobile phone and tends to be at least a generation ahead comparatively on the CPU/GPU side. And you’re paying for the development of Apple’s services and applications. I don’t see how it’s any more overpriced than equally expensive Android flagships which inherently require less financial investment from the manufacturer to create; Google’s Pixel phones for example use pretty average hardware with the flagship off-the-shelf Snapdragon chip (which will definitely be much cheaper for them than the development and production of Apple’s custom chips are) with only the camera being particularly great on a technical level. And Pixel-specific software enhancements are fairly limited in scope compared to the amount of software you’re paying for on the iPhone side, so what justifies the Pixel’s price and not the iPhone?

I agree that the iPhone X is overpriced, and I have some of my own hypotheses as to why that might be. But for the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus I definitely don’t see them being any more overpriced than flagships Android devices are.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

14 hours ago, Hiya! said:

This is whyapple.jpg.b71fcff6712c1ed94f3c9c99c6903676.jpg

But how much is an apple keyboard?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

11 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Cheaper then beloved brands like DasKeyboard. That is actually something I laugh at, where people say apples keyboards are expensive when a daskeyboard that people love actually costs more. 

I wouldn't mind trying out a Daskeyboard to be honest. 

32 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Is not about keyboard its just when there's apple logo on it.

It will get expensive for no reason than the same item from another brand.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Is not about keyboard its just when there's apple logo on it.

It will get expensive for no reason than the same item from another brand.

I didn't know apple re-branded some products. got a link?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

I didn't know apple re-branded some products. got a link?

Its not about rebranded either.

Its like when u can get usual rubber dome keyboard or chiclet which cost less than the same product from apple.

Like these.

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Magic-Keyboard-MLA22LL-A/dp/B016QO64FI

https://www.amazon.com/HP-H6R56AA-ABA-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/B00FARSAVY

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Wireless-Elite-Keyboard-v2/dp/B005HNHRA6

Its just overpriced for what u get.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

they dont even create their own products , literally everything inside an iphone is made from others 

e.g. : screen,ram ( samsung )  , camera ( sony ) , storage ( toshiba ) and so on...

i personally beleive these phones are ugly as f*ck except for the back which honestly compared to samsung's newst flagships it still sucks...

The prices are ridiculous , they never listen to their costumers , they call themselves ''innovative'' to things done long ago ( other companies do it too , but atleast its 1 or 2 things not the whole phone everytime they make a new one )

I hate their home button ( good thing they removed it ) 

And the whole company is based on an idea made by you , me and everyone else ( especially teen girls ) because when you hate something and talk about it constantly , no matter how cra,ppy it is , you make it even more popular and more and more to the point where the idea advertises the product for free.. 

I remember when i was 12 years old people ( my whole school )  would talk about justin beiber all the time  ( they hated on him )

to the point where the idea was a trend and i slowly liked his music ... ( very slowly though )

11 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Its not about rebranded either.

Its like when u can get usual rubber dome keyboard or chiclet which cost less than the same product from apple.

Like these.

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Magic-Keyboard-MLA22LL-A/dp/B016QO64FI

https://www.amazon.com/HP-H6R56AA-ABA-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/B00FARSAVY

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Wireless-Elite-Keyboard-v2/dp/B005HNHRA6

Its just overpriced for what u get.

so it's not the same item from another brand, it's a different item that costs more.

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

so it's not the same item from another brand, it's a different item that costs more.

(-___-)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

6 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

they dont even create their own products , literally everything inside an iphone is made from others 

e.g. : screen,ram ( samsung )  , camera ( sony ) , storage ( toshiba ) and so on...

i personally beleive these phones are ugly as f*ck except for the back which honestly compared to samsung's newst flagships it still sucks...

The prices are ridiculous , they never listen to their costumers , they call themselves ''innovative'' to things done long ago ( other companies do it too , but atleast its 1 or 2 things not the whole phone everytime they make a new one )

I hate their home button ( good thing they removed it ) 

And the whole company is based on an idea made by you , me and everyone else ( especially teen girls ) because when you hate something and talk about it constantly , no matter how cra,ppy it is , you make it even more popular and more and more to the point where the idea advertises the product for free.. 

I remember when i was 12 years old people ( my whole school )  would talk about justin beiber all the time  ( they hated on him )

to the point where the idea was a trend and i slowly liked his music ... ( very slowly though )

You know if it wasn't for apple ARM may not exists today, certainly not in the form they do.

17 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

At the time there was no alliterative to Flash player, HTML 5 video didn't become ubiquitous till like 4 years later

And it can be argued that had Apple not stepped in and blocked flash, HTML5 may never have gotten the break it needed to take off. So Apple was personally intervening to help influence and shape the industry. Sometimes, you just cannot usher in a new world order without first doing away with the current one. 

Their pricing, anti-consumer strategies.

If you look how hard it is to repair Macs/iPhone's you get what I mean.

I myself attempt repairs on Apple device quite often, since the resale value is .. well humongous.

But I can tell you, it takes patience a steady hand & quite an assortment of tools (Suction cups/Torx/security bits/short ones & extended ones/Spudgers)

Their MacBook line I do understand and slightly agree with the pricing, otherwise why would I have invested in a MacBook Air.

The reason I pay the premium to own a macbook as a secondary system (and bought a mac pro .. for € 100 :D) is that they last ..  I have yet do find a reason why but systems built by Apple, even when running Windows on them tend to last longer & hold up better.

A MacBook Air from Mid 2012 is still running like a champ, battery still has at least 80% of its original capacity.

My other laptop from 2012, an ASUS X55VD & later MSI GP70 2OD are 1 slow/heat up more/battery is nearly garbage level & the MSI went in the garbage. (I did clean the ASUS out already, new thermal paste etc, it just ain't getting to what it used to be.)

Apple has high prices and some prices are just for the logo (iPhone do not last longer then my chinese import phones)

But some of their products I couldn't go without, mainly their macs.

This is an opinion, take it however you desire .. just keep in mind this simple difference between : "Opinion" <-> "Fact"

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

20 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Wait....that's basically how it goes. They take your phone, they hand you a new phone and turn it on/activate it, and then write down the serial numbers and then you can leave.

Not for me they had to get the CEO to go into his apple account and remove his iphone because when the apple guy did it he wiped the CEO's replacement phone ... ooops