Favorite thing you've ever posted

frustratedrocka

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if any of you had ever posted something that you felt proud of. Maybe it was an awesome build, maybe it was a well-thought-out piece of advice, maybe it was just really funny. I'm curious and would like to see what you consider your personal best.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

well i did something once and a m0d got pissed at me

i was really proud

senpai noticed me

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

My 8600GTS review lel. See in Sig.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

This is my favourite post ever:

post-4438-0-32894000-1402938356_thumb.pn

Edited with my lacklustre Photoshop skills.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My 8600GTS review lel. See in Sig.

that card was aweful

couldnt even play crysis at medium under 720p :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

For me, it's probably this rant. That thread unfortunately turned ugly a bit afterwards, but I'm still holding out hope that this manages to help someone.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Of what I can remember, this:

Personally i don't see how one direction fans can post

Floor-Fan-Stand-Fan.jpg

They don't even have arms

That was my glory moment. The thread it came from: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/43310-any-one-direction-fans/?hl=one+direction+fans Please don't post in it, since that would be a whole new level of thread necroing..

Or some of my long posts about science and philosophy. I guess it depends on my mood. Mostly the ID V. evolution debate I had with @whatthe_fuzz a year or so ago. That was a good time (Untill I left and it turned ugly).  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

post-216-0-53722400-1394481358.jpg

Too many.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I posted one comment that i didn't think was funny and got 50 likes.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

He got tired of harrassing badgers huh?

Imagine the vertigo  :D The adrenaline rush of grabbing the flag  :D And the endless vomiting D: 

Screw it. I'll make you moan instead

tumblr_m92n8fu7Gc1ry5xmko1_500_zps49e5dc

... And i want to live there for a year or two in the future.. 

Penis festivals.. Masturbation champions.. Discreet masturbation aides... I won't be touching any surfaces... Nor will i be trusting anyone with a hand in his pocket.. 

And a two hour "Training session" In the LIVING ROOM!?.. How the hell is he not single..

Paying with your palm has been around for ages... It's called a handjob...

Edit: Tried to google for shaving fail gifs... I am scarred for life..

888_zpsded0940c.gif

But mostly this

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/143999-i-got-bored-and-made-this/

Im sure i'll think of more later. 

I do enjoy a chance to quote myself out of context. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I guess that would be my Nexus 7 2012 review...

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Well I find it to be this post since I still get likes on it every once in a while...  "No internet?.... I don't know about you guys, but I had an Ethernet cable running into the womb." (It was in the longest you've been without Internet thread for context BTW.)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

The best thing ever posted on this forum is @brownninja97's 'Three behemoths of Nvidia'.

Omg thanks, im flattered, that sure was one hell of thread, i loved making that, linus put it on facebook saying its the funniest shit he is ever seen, yeah i had to change my underwear, and more then once.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Of what I can remember, this:

That was my glory moment. The thread it came from: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/43310-any-one-direction-fans/?hl=one+direction+fans Please don't post in it, since that would be a whole new level of thread necroing..

Or some of my long posts about science and philosophy. I guess it depends on my mood. Mostly the ID V. evolution debate I had with @whatthe_fuzz a year or so ago. That was a good time (Untill I left and it turned ugly).  

Oh good times. i remember that was back when i was fairly new here.

we should discuss it again sometime. i can honestly say i think my views have changed. not drastically but definitely different. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Oh good times. i remember that was back when i was fairly new here.

we should discuss it again sometime. i can honestly say i think my views have changed. not drastically but definitely different.

It always good to hear that your views have evolved. Not that it matter how they got different, nor if you agree or disagree with me more, but growing as a person is always good

It is always nice to have a contructive debate with an intelligent person, so og course I would be up for round 2.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Ok, since they broke the link to the thread that my personal best came from, I'm going to take advantage of the fact that I stored a local copy of the rant.

Figured I'd chime in on this, since I'm bisexual. I want to preface this by saying that none of this is meant to be a personal attack - I don't know any of you, you don't know me, and it's entirely possible none of you have ever actually met or spoken to an openly gay person before. So some of the stuff in this thread that, to me, looks like pretty severe bigotry might have been meant completely innocently on your part. If it feels like I'm addressing you in particular, unless I'm quoting you, please assume it's because you're actually repeating a pretty common argument that's popped up for several years. Any anger that I accidentally let slip through is not directed at you, but at the situation

Additionally, I don't want to claim to speak for anyone but myself, and I certainly don't want to act as a representative of the LGBT community.

Let's go through and hit some of the most common arguments I see:

1. It's unnatural
No. No it isn't. Homosexuality has been observed in the animal kingdom at a rate of about ten percent - pretty much the same percentage of humans who identify as LGBT. This was actually cited in Lawrence V. Texas, which struck down sodomy laws in 14 states.

2. It's a choice
I'm not even going to get into the "Why would anyone in their right mind choose to be attracted to the same sex, knowing that it can get them ostracized, beaten or even murdered" question. Instead, I ask you this: When did you choose to be straight? Take your time, no rush.

Actually, you know what, I am going to get into that first question. I feel a strong sexual attraction to some women. I also feel a strong sexual attraction to some men. I did not choose to feel these things, and I have lost people who I thought were good friends because they are aware that I feel these things. I'm actually lucky - I'm attracted to women as well, so I can pass for straight pretty easily. If you met me on the street, odds are I would have to go out of my way to address my sexuality for you to figure out I wasn't straight, and I live in a very liberal community. But I know people who have been physically assaulted on the street just for looking like they might be gay, and there have been times I've feared for physical safety because I said the wrong thing or looked at someone the wrong way. If I could choose to not have to live with that fear, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Now, all that being said, you know what is a choice?

3. It's against my religion
Hoo boy, this is going to be a long one.

You have a right to your religion, and I don't want to argue that. I do, however, take issue with this because it seems like everyone I run into who uses this argument is using it as an excuse for their own prejudice. That, or they're just being misled by groupthink and not stopping to consider what it is they're actually saying.

Yes, Leviticus 18:22 states that "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Fair enough, you might think. The bible is, after all, the word of god - or, at least, the word of the scribes and priests who actually put pen to parchment back in the day. If you follow the bible, the entire bible, you can't pick and choose what to do, and your moral guidelines are completely out of your control... right?

Well, here's a small selection of some of the other things the bible says that people these days don't seem quite so eager to agree with. Go over and read that, and look up the relevant passages if you want. I'll wait.

Now, at this point you might be thinking "That's ridiculous and outdated! There's no way that can apply in the modern age!" Or maybe you're thinking "Well, that's all the old testament! Jesus came along and fixed that, and now we have the new testament!" And if you are, then good. I rest my case.

Even aside from the biblical quote-off, there's a bigger issue with this. The cornerstone of Christianity is love and forgiveness, but when faced with homosexuality, the response is all too often hatred and punishment for something that, again, is not the choice of the person being punished. I'm sure you've all heard the "judge not lest ye be judged" argument, but I'd rather rest on the famous "Let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone" bit. People love to throw that around, but usually forget the context. When Jesus said that, he was defending an adulterer - and adultery is almost always mentioned in the same breath as homosexuality whenever the bible condemns "sexual immorality." People are so eager to judge and to hate that they forget to follow the single most important commandment, one that is shared in some form by every major religion on the planet - "Love thy neighbor." There's a piece floating around called "I'm Christian, Unless You're Gay" that should be required reading for the human race.

Finally, even if none of what I just said mattered, religion is no grounds for legislation. None at all. You do not get to impose the will of your religion on people , try to legislate people - try to legislate us out of public view just because you don't like us. And that's really it, isn't it?

4. It just makes me uncomfortable
You know what, I'm sorry. I really am. I don't want to make anybody uncomfortable. But if your solution to being uncomfortable is to try to take away my right to be happy with someone I love - that's right, love; this has nothing to do with who I happen to be fucking - rights that you yourself have the privilege to enjoy by virtue of being straight, then I have to tell you something. There is a word for people who try to put themselves up as superior to those who are different from them, and try to take away rights from people who are different from them, and try to hurt people who are different from them. That word is bigot. If your opposition to homosexuality is just that you don't want to see two dudes kissing in public - just two dudes mind you, we all know lesbians are sexy, we all saw Black Swan - then I'm sorry, I truly am, but you need to get over yourself, and you need to do it now.

And last, but not least...

5. Think of the children!
People love to talk about children being confused, being confronted with questions they can't understand the answers to. The only confusing question I see is why some people are willing to spend so much time and effort on hatred.

Anyone of my posts that gets members to interact & have fun get to talking , makes me feel good & proud . i also like other peoples post that has something that gives life to the thread rather than having a static yes or no kind of response.

Details separate people.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016