steamboy- take my money!

nike12000

I think this would be such a win over just the steam controller. With their in home streaming if this has Wi-Fi and could piggy back off PC omg want!!! Please let this happen

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/14/steamboy/?ncid=rss_truncated&utm_campaign=socialmedia_fb&utm_source=socialmedia_fb&utm_medium=fb

needs a new name steamboy sounds tupid and is riding on the nintendo gameboy. If its actually a legit pc handheld then it should have a name to set it out as the unique product it is.

Other than that I really like the idea, looks good for stuff like indie titles I doubt itd be powerful but if the screen is like, less then 720p it might be ok. Im talking out my ass here.

Probably going to suceed well with those of us who want that handheld experience with their games and if not that then itd be cool for just media consumption.

it would truly make the market of the small indi games bloom even more i think, tho i dont like those types of games :P still

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

WOW................... Take my money and give me one already!!!!!!!

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Steamboy reminds me of pipboy from Fallout. To me a very catchy name. Also don't forget main fanbase will be under 20s anyway so.. Btw it is a repost, see news few days back.

repost

also it will be stupid if it plays the game ON the device it self

they will end up using an AMD APU probably and will perform horribly

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I wouldn't want this. Unless it was a device that can utilize the Internet and have extremely well bandwidth anywhere in the world and allowed me to stream from my PC to this device with no noticeable input delay. That would ultimately win me to handhelds. Realistically though, that is not really going to happen.

5 inch is not enough.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I like the idea of this new hand held.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

that's what she said

truly.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

repost

Not if the device runs at a sensible resolution for a small screen like 720p. Match the DPI of a standard 1080p 23 inch display most gamers have and that way the same games can run on lesser hardware and a lower resolution screen while keeping the same visual quality.

-------

Current Rig

-------

repost

Not quite. If they use AMD's new Mobile Kaveri, the system could play games without many performance issues.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Not if the device runs at a sensible resolution for a small screen like 720p. Match the DPI of a standard 1080p 23 inch display most gamers have and that way the same games can run on lesser hardware and a lower resolution screen while keeping the same visual quality.

i really doubt a fanless AMD APU will be able to even run PC games at 720p on low settings

the amd 5350 cant even break 20FPS at 720p on modern games

maybe this will geared towards  side scrollers  and the such (much less demanding games)

or this could be like nvidia shield

streaming games on it  via wifi

but nvidia has a much more polished device/software

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

To me this seems like a great idea cuz you have the shield and that's great but there should be more options for the same idea make them be competitive. It might not be perfect when it comes out if it does at all but competition is what will push innovation and a better experience for us all so we should all be supporting things like this as it will make gaming better in the long run!

Is it like a better nvidia shield? We don't need another handheld games only device.

It really needs to be more than their stated 32GB of storage. That will go so incredibly fast when installing PC games. It's not like the chips to provide more are that expensive.

I would buy this

I have always carried a UMPC that I play games on 

(viliv s5)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Needs to play Dota 2. Don't care for anything else lol.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I wonder if it will support streaming games from PC.

Without a doubt.

I actually really dig the name "Steamboy".  :lol: 

The image kind of reminds me of the new controller for Wii-U and a bit of the Vita system.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It will have to run a really low power apu if they want to keep the form factor. Even the latest mobile apu isn't fast enough to play games reasonably well. Battery life will be a huge issue too. I really don't see this taking off unless they have some really good cooling in there and a graphene battery.