Titanfall running at 600p 46 fps on the xbox 360

julekule

Well the stats are in folks and the numbers don't lie. All that worry about Titanfall on the Xbox 360? Well, throw it out the window, light a match and break some wind on it because those worries can be put to rest like fears of your paraplegic spouse cheating on you... while in a coma. 

source:http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Titanfall-Xbox-360-600p-46fps-Titanfall-Xbox-One-792p-57fps-63296.html

considering it runs really close numbers wise to WD on XBONE im amazed. 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Why does Titanfall use random numbers for both resolution and framerate? The logic is broken. Just broken. They could have gone 720p on the Xbox One and whatever resolution is suitable on the 360 while pushing the framerate to a non-random number.

they could probably hit 720p on the xbox 360 without aa 

wouldnt constant 46 fps would induce tearing ?

odd

sub 30fps on the ps2 always had judder

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Why does Titanfall use random numbers for both resolution and framerate? The logic is broken. Just broken. They could have gone 720p on the Xbox One and whatever resolution is suitable on the 360 while pushing the framerate to a non-random number.

they probably test what looks best and pick that one?

wouldnt constant 46 fps would induce tearing ?

odd

Tearing happens with constant 60+, it's not how tearing works.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

dosent tearing happen when the fps is higher then the refresh rate?

Yes. I don't believe tearing would occur at <60 FPS. 

I've never seen it happen to me on Youtube videos or on Minecraft without Optifine (without it, I get between 40-60 FPS, with it, I get over 100FPS). 

I never see screen tearing below 60 FPS. I may be an exception, but that's just what I've experienced.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

No tearing can happen anywhere. It is usually when the frame rate doesn't match the same frequency as the monitor or if it doesn't factor into the same number. So 30 fps on 60Hz is halved equally it fits in nicely. 24fps doesn't fit into 60Hz so you get tearing. You will also get tearing if the game isn't designed very well or if there are conflicts and stuff. Well that was what I learned anyway. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

i meant 60fps with vsync

i assume all consoles use vsync

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i meant 60fps with vsync

tearing dosent happen with v sync

tearing dosent happen with v sync

yes thats what i meant in my earlier comment

vsync isnt possible at 46 fps so that means that tearing will happen

yes thats what i meant in my earlier comment

vsync isnt possible at 46 fps so that means that tearing will happen

tearing happens when during a refresh there gets sent more then 1 frame to the screen

i meant 60fps with vsync

I remember being disgusted often on the ps3 because of tearing

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I remember being disgusted often on the ps3 because of tearing

yeah there are some badly coded games that have a lot of frame dips  and tearing

Screen tearing is a visual artifact in video display where a display device shows information from two or more frames in a single screen draw

soruce:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

yes thats true

No tearing will occur.

Tearing is when more than 1 frame is sent to the monitor within the same refresh cycle, causing the monitor to partially draw two frames in 1 frame.

You can not get tearing with lower FPS than the refresh rate of your monitor.

Instead what will happen is that you get judder.

Judder is when each frame is not displayed for the same amount of times, causing for example a movie to not be smooth in things like panning shots.

What happens when you show a 24 fps movie on a 60Hz monitor is that frame 1 in the movie will be displayed for 2 monitor refreshes. Frame number 2 in the movie will be displayed for 3 monitor refreshes. So each second frame is displayed for 50% longer than the preceding frame.

This is what will happen with Titanfall. No tearing will occur, but the game will not be smooth because each frame is not displayed for the same amount of time.

By the way, that is why 120Hz TVs are so nice. Because 120 is an even multiple of 24 and 30, so you won't get judder when watching movies.

Is there cross-platform play with Xbox 360, Xbone and PC?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Tearing is when the gpu tries to send two frames for one display cuddle on the monitor. (So over the refresh rate) stutter occurs when the monitor. Calls for a frame, but instead of one or two frames, the gpu gives it none, so it just displays the last frame again. (So below the refresh rate)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I am 99% sure it isn't.

Last time someone tried cross platform with consoles and PC the PC master race completely obliterated the console team.

Quote from Rahul Sood, general manager for system experience at Microsoft:

There was a project that got killed at Microsoft. This project was designed to allow console gamers and PC gamers to interact and battle over a connected environment. Personally I wish it would have stayed the course. I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.

The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative. Is this why the project was killed Who knows, but I'd love to hear from anyone involved --- what happened?

Those of us who have been in the gaming business for over a decade know the real deal. You simply don't get the same level of detail or control as you do with a PC over a console. It's a real shame that Microsoft killed this -- because had they kept it alive it might have actually increased the desire of game developers and gamers alike to continue developing and playing rich experiences on the PC which would trickle down to the console as it has in the past.

Keyboard and mouse are so much better than controllers that even the best Xbox gamers are no match against mediocre PC gamers.

In a game like Titanfall, you don't want console peasants playing against the master race because they aren't good enough. The only way it would work would be either allowing console gamers use keyboard and mouse, or only allow it for certain games like racing games.

PCs will never be allowed to play with consoles. Not sure if you know, but a developer actually tried to have cross platform matchmaking but they scrapped the whole idea because PC players would always win by a landslide. The biggest reason for this being a mouse and keyboard gives you much better control than a controller.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

yeah there are some badly coded games that have a lot of frame dips  and tearing

Nah man I feel that hardware is just not capable

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Don't worry about it guys. Both resolution and fps are just numbers. Nothing important here.

Xbox 360 is running the game native 1040x600 with progressive scanning and MSAA set to 2X, meaning that it cleans up the image as much as possible with very little performance loss. 

The resolution of my netbook is 1024x600.... That is getting to be a really small resolution, guys.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Well maybe they can make out a titan, just remember guys aim for the big block of grey. 46 fps really is terrible.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090