Titanfall running at 600p 46 fps on the xbox 360

julekule

I am more surprised at the comments than I am the performance of the game. The 360 is ANCIENT in terms of hardware. It was released in November 2005, almost 9 years before Titanfall was released, and the hardware that the system uses is even older. No console uses the most current hardware, and never will. The SOURCE engine may not be super demanding, but what Titanfall uses is not the same as SOURCE engine used in HL2. It's a heavily modified version of the SOURCE engine, with hardware demands that far exceed the original. All the Skyrim mods are great example of a modified game engine being significantly more demanding than the original.

Also, Respawn, the people who made Titanfall for the PC and XBox One, had NOTHING to do with the development of Titanfall for the 360. They made their own game and handed off their work to Blueprint studios. Respawn originally wanted to make their game for the previous generation consoles, but found the hardware was incapable of handling the game they wanted to make. So they abandoned the previous generation entirely. EA, who funded Respawn to make Titanfall, didn't want to abandon the older consoles, so they came to an agreement with Respawn to allow a 3rd party developer to do all the work.

Blueprint then had to take a game that was not designed or optimized for the older consoles and find a way to get it to work. The game was not designed to run on the 360's hardware, so what Blueprint was able to achieve is nothing short of amazing. Upscaling to 1080p is something every single game on the 360 had to do, so it's base resolution should not be surprising to anyone. Halo 3 ran at only 640p, and that's a game that was designed from the ground up to run on the 360.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194