Formula 1 anybody? [SPOILERS....well maybe?]

jaggysnake57

So on an old forum i used to frequent (poker not tech) there is/was a thread for formula 1 where we would talk about....well F1 just wondered how many people watch and if we can get a nice little community going

With that in mind......OMFG what a freaking race just, start to finish action im loving the new era of F1. shame about hamalton but dems the breaks! (see what i did there) i do feel that he is better than rosberg but he just never seams to have the look.  IMO rosberg should have had the penalty by a mile and go very lucky. and massa. WOW boy when you crash, you really crash!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

yeah its epic, i have my own kart and race

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

i stopped watching when they started limiting fuel. i mean is this eco rally or what, limiting fuel in a race so everyone stops trying to overtake after a while.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

yeah its epic, i have my own kart and race

seriously, man i would love to kart but im the wrong side of 200lb so i dont think they make a kart big enough for my ass

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

i stopped watching when they started limiting fuel. i mean is this eco rally or what.

TBH its not an issue right now and the races this season have all been real epic, today top 5 seperated by 2 seconds towards the end of the race

That race was hard.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Best race so far this season.

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

seriously, man i would love to kart but im the wrong side of 200lb so i dont think they make a kart big enough for my ass

its really fun to do

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Formula what is overtaking?*

Yea big F1 fan here  :).

The Perez-Massa crash was quite a shame. But this race was surely one of the most exiting ones of the season. 

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

Formula what is overtaking?*

clearly you dont watch much F1

its really fun to do

i have done it once on a stag do and had a load of fun but again i was alot slimmer back then.

I watch NASCAR. They can beet and bang there. F1 and Indy, you poke the other car and it explodes.

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

I haven't watched this weeks race but I've seen the crash at the end on another websites.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

• 2 months later...

really should have updated this more but whoops

so this season has been really good until the last race. Rosbergs WTF. the thing is hamiltons title is over and its not been through any fault of his own. and seriously a 6 figure fine for a driver who earns millions a year and will take the title because of it, is not harsh enough. hamilton is the better driver and its a shame that his rival has to cheat to get what he wants. for me last weekend was a sad day for F1

I stoped watching when Michael Schumacher left, which is almost the same year that they started their ECO bullshit.

who cares...

i stopped watching when they started limiting fuel. i mean is this eco rally or what, limiting fuel in a race so everyone stops trying to overtake after a while.

I much prefer the World Rally though I do miss the WRC days with the Evolution 6 and the first generation Impreza

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

My Dad's a huge fan. It was always too late for me to watch when I was younger. I never really got into it but it looks like fun to watch when you understand whats happening.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I enjoyed it more when they were still using v12's and v10's. Now that v8's are gone, it just doesn't have the same appeal. At least to me.

Also, @jaggysnake57

Would that poker forum be 2p2 by any chance? :P

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I enjoyed it more when they were still using v12's and v10's. Now that v8's are gone, it just doesn't have the same appeal. At least to me.

Also, @jaggysnake57

Would that poker forum be 2p2 by any chance? :P

no cardrunners never got into 2p2

It's great seeing Nico and Lewis battles resulting in crashes which then gives Daniel the opportunity to capitalise. Dan is the man, repping Australia

It's great seeing Nico and Lewis battles resulting in crashes which then gives Daniel the opportunity to capitalise. Dan is the man, repping Australia

can dan win? i dont think he can

though i LOVE that he is kicking sebs arse all over the track.....seb the most overrated driver ever!

So on an old forum i used to frequent (poker not tech) there is/was a thread for formula 1 where we would talk about....well F1 just wondered how many people watch and if we can get a nice little community going

With that in mind......OMFG what a freaking race just, start to finish action im loving the new era of F1. shame about hamalton but dems the breaks! (see what i did there) i do feel that he is better than rosberg but he just never seams to have the look.  IMO rosberg should have had the penalty by a mile and go very lucky. and massa. WOW boy when you crash, you really crash!

you can hear tyres over the sound of the car and they are driving round in prius's on steroids. F1 is dead. :(  

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

can dan win? i dont think he can

though i LOVE that he is kicking sebs arse all over the track.....seb the most overrated driver ever!

No, I don't think he can win the championship this year, chances are very slim.

It will be either Rosberg or Hamilton, if Hamilton doesn't have any reliability issues and is at the top of his game, he can definitely catch up and surpass Nico.

I think the WDC will be decided on the last race with double points up for grabs.

Ric is having a really good season tho, definitely driver of the year for me.

you can hear tyres over the sound of the car and they are driving round in prius's on steroids. F1 is dead. :(  

hahahahahaha clearly you havent been watching this season

No, I don't think he can win the championship this year, chances are very slim.

It will be either Rosberg or Hamilton, if Hamilton doesn't have any reliability issues and is at the top of his game, he can definitely catch up and surpass Nico.

I think the WDC will be decided on the last race with double points up for grabs.

Ric is having a really good season tho, definitely driver of the year for me.

driver of the year if hamiilton dosnt take the title by far....if he does then its gonna be much closer though bottas is up there 2

I won't watch it until lotus get's their rules implemented

lotus-f1-rule-changes.jpg

I used to watch it when i was a kid though. Sometimes there were even reruns of races with senna in them^^ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"