Is there a way to rip out a laptop touchpad and make it work with a pc?

Snickerzz

ehh? :D

don't ask why, idk xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

umm no the controller is actually on the MB not the trackpad. Just buy on of the couple bluetooth variants available

Nop :(

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yes but i figured if i could rip one out of a laptop it wouldnt cost me anything, plus i would have accomplished something xD

Edited by WoodenMarker
Making language more kid-friendly

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Yes and no. You COULD in theory if you spent a lot of time on it but it would be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to just buy one

If i could use  my macbook pro touchpad's multitouch gestures on windows i would be so happy

If i could use my macbook pro touchpad's multitouch gestures on windows i would be so happy

Get their touch pad and use it in windows? They make a Bluetooth one.

Get their touch pad and use it in windows? They make a Bluetooth one.

I know i have the magic trackpad, but good luck with multi touch gestures

I know i have the magic trackpad, but good luck with multi touch gestures

Driver?

Driver?

i doubt they even made one for windows.

not to mention we'd need to make sure windows supports the complexity of th interactions

not to mention we'd need to make sure windows supports the complexity of th interactions

Im sure it could if apple really wanted it to.

Im sure it could if apple really wanted it to.

yep.

but it's been years of complaining.

quite simply, they don't want to make a tool that would make windows mchines better

yes but i figured if i could rip one out of a laptop it wouldnt cost me anything, plus i would have accomplished something xD

If you did that it would cost you a perfectly good laptop

If you did that it would cost you a perfectly good laptop

i have 3 that are poop xD

Windows 8 does have its own set of multitouch gestures, but yeah, it's not quite the same.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

According to some Linux advocates you JUST write your own. :wacko:

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

you could toss mouse without borders onto your laptop and make it control your main rig. but if you are willing to destroy your laptop for the touchpad it sounds like the lappy is fooked.