Use the H100i block in a custom loop

So... my H100i pump just died, i am thinking about using the block again since it is completely fine, i already dismounted the block, removed the pump parts that would create unnecessary resistance on the block, and i'm thinking about using it and the radiator that came along with it...

Question is:

Is the block good enough? Or should i buy something better? (Like a decent block from swiftech or EK for example)

and is the radiator good enough? To cool the CPU and 2 high end GPU's, all with a little bit of overclock, I have space for 2 360mm rads, but i'm thinking about placing the H100i one in the front, and a 360 rad on top, is it a good idea or should i just get one 360 rad?

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

just buy a $50 block dude...

Also, just get 2 360s if you can. Dont re-use the h100 rad. (or like 240+360)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

So... my H100i pump just died, i am thinking about using the block again since it is completely fine, i already dismounted the block, removed the pump parts that would create unnecessary resistance on the block, and i'm thinking about using it and the radiator that came along with it...

Question is:

Is the block good enough? Or should i buy something better? (Like a decent block from swiftech or EK for example)

and is the radiator good enough? To cool the CPU and 2 high end GPU's, all with a little bit of overclock, I have space for 2 360mm rads, but i'm thinking about placing the H100i one in the front, and a 360 rad on top, is it a good idea or should i just get one 360 rad?

how did your h100i die?

My PC: CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.2 Ghz MoBo: ASUS Z97-ATX SLI RAM: 8GB (2x4) 2400Mhz GPU: Palit Jetstream 780 TI Memory:1TB Seagate + 120Gb Kingston SSD  PSU: Corsair RM 850W Gold Monitor iiyama 27" 144hz Monitor CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

it is good enough, because my though is that the only prob with the H100i is the pump, it's too weak, so yeah you can use it along with a more powerful pump

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Get a custom loop, firstly the h100i rad is not good enough for a CPU and 2 GPU's and also why would you want to use the h100i block anyway it would take all the coolness away from a custom loop. If you have a custom loop you want people to see it's a custom loop straight away, not mistake it for another h100i (which literally everyone has)

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

it is good enough, because my though is that the only prob with the H100i is the pump, it's too weak, so yeah you can use it along with a more powerful pump

his pump is dead

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

his pump is dead

i know, i was just commenting on the H100i as a whole cooler, daa

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Nope, don't try to reuse any part of the H100i. Also note that a custom loop will cost considerably more than a $100 AIO watercooler. If you want to stay in that price range I'd try out a air CPU cooler that performs just as good like the Noctua NH-D15 or a better AIO like the NZXT Kraken X60.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Get a new Block!!!! Also dont try to use the H100i 240 Rad....its all aluminum...

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627

how did your h100i die?

I guess too much usage, it has been running pretty much nonstop for over a year, my computer was basically a server on my job, and it was one of the first units, so i kind of expected some defects...

It started making some grinding noise for the past  month so i already had a warning that it would happen soon. When i took it off after my computer started overheating it felt like there was air in the pump, if you shake it, you can hear the fluid making noise on the rad. I think that's not normal, i didn't hear it when i unpacked it almost 2 years ago... 

There were no signs of leaks or anything, so i took it appart and checked if the pump still worked setting up a guetto loop to see if it was because of the fluid, but it ended up with the same noise and almost no flow, i tryed cleaning it but the pump seems to no longer have power to well... pump the water.

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Get a custom loop, firstly the h100i rad is not good enough for a CPU and 2 GPU's and also why would you want to use the h100i block anyway it would take all the coolness away from a custom loop. If you have a custom loop you want people to see it's a custom loop straight away, not mistake it for another h100i (which literally everyone has)

I would add another radiator and keep this one to bring cost down, watercooling gear in brazil is too damn expensive!

If it was any good i would keep it until I have more money to buy a second 360rad in all of it's sexyness, but if it's crappy then i'll wait a little more and buy the 360's rad!

And the block it's more for a LOL reason than anything else (of course there's the money factor aswell) and i quite enjoy the light changing according to temperature I would have with the block...

But if it's not worth it... i shall save my valuable money and get a better hardware then xD

@rjbarker, @Shaqo_Wyn ok then, thanks for the heads up! And i have a bad history with huge air coolers blocking RAM slots since forever, so I prefered the AIO, and well... since I can build a custom loop soon enough... i'll go for it man!

@rjbarker, @Shaqo_Wyn ok then, thanks for the heads up! And i have a bad history with huge air coolers blocking RAM slots since forever, so I prefered the AIO, and well... since I can build a custom loop soon enough... i'll go for it man!

Alright, good luck! Do your research and if you get stuck with anything I'm sure the good people of this forum will help you in the water cooling section.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I guess too much usage, it has been running pretty much nonstop for over a year, my computer was basically a server on my job, and it was one of the first units, so i kind of expected some defects...

You realise they have a 5 year warranty right, should have just had corsair replace the defective unit

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You realise they have a 5 year warranty right, should have just had corsair replace the defective unit

Unfortunately i live in brazil it would be a bigger headache and a bigger cost for me to try to get a new unit than pay the value of a new one... also i don't know if it covers the 24/7 usage scenario it has been put to...

PS: Believe me, when i had to send back my old XFX GeForce 9600 GSO to RMA I ended up paying almost the price of the card because the warranty wouldn't cover taxes for "importation" for a local tax, wich brazil has. and then in order to get the money back i spent 2 months trying to get a refund from the government and i couldn't get half the money back... the headache isn't the RMA, it's the shipping and taxing here...

How would you attach the h100i block to a normal loop, there's no G 1/4 threads or anything. You'd just end up making a mess. Also, the H100i rad is aluminum which can only be used in a custom loop if you're running tons of anti-corrosive through it.

Unfortunately i live in brazil it would be a bigger headache and a bigger cost for me to try to get a new unit than pay the value of a new one... also i don't know if it covers the 24/7 usage scenario it has been put to...

PS: Believe me, when i had to send back my old XFX GeForce 9600 GSO to RMA I ended up paying almost the price of the card because the warranty wouldn't cover taxes for "importation" for a local tax, wich brazil has. and then in order to get the money back i spent 2 months trying to get a refund from the government and i couldn't get half the money back... the headache isn't the RMA, it's the shipping and taxing here...

Wow, that sucks, mate. I used to live in Argentina, they had similar import taxes and all of that nasty crap, its a crippling issue there. Drive a german car, want a OEM replacement door handle? Buy a new car... :lol: