Apple WWDC Keynote Live-Ticker (& Summary of what they actually announce)

Hey guys,

I am going to open this thread so that real-time discussion can happen between all the people that will be watching the WWDC Keynote live in a few hours. I will also (try) to write a summary of what is happening live. Never done that before, but that is what reporters do there so I'll have a go...

Feel free to discuss the announcements as they are made.

Hoping for some great and interesting announcements, even if things such as the iPhone 6 or the iWatch probably won't be that relevant to me...

Really interested to see the new OS X 10.10 "Syrah" and iOS 8.

See you guys in a few hours

EDIT: The live coverage can be found starting a few posts down. Posts will be marked with [LIVE UPDATE]!

This post will be updated with a short summary of key points of the keynote. Later, a more thorough version of this will be found in the post directly below.

Complete Summary to be posted here after Keynote (because I think I won't be able to edit this every minute as I fear that there is some kind of limit to the number of edits I can do).

See below for live coverage.

Posts will be marked: [LIVE UPDATE]

EDIT 2: Short summary of the announcements:

OS X Yosemite:

- New flat UI

- Idea of continuity when working with iOS devices (AirDrop feature and also Handoff)

- Improvements to Mail and Safari

- SMS and Calls from Mac relayed through iPhone

- iCloud Drive for better file management

iOS 8:

- Continuity

- Notification Center Widgets

- Health and Health App Integration including some hospital support

- AirDrop with Mac

- iCloud Drive for better file management

Developers:

- New Graphics API called Metal

- all new programming language called Swift

- updates to various APIs such a SpriteKit or SceneKit

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

@Windspeed36 You might wanna check this out.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Thread as been restructured, please ignore this post!!!

@Windspeed36 You might wanna check this out.

Why is this not allowed? If not then sorry I did not know.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Why is this not allowed? If not then sorry I did not know.

No I'm bringing the mod in to see if this IS allowed. I don't think we had anything like this before so I just want to make sure it's alright.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

No I'm bringing the mod in to see if this IS allowed. I don't think we had anything like this before so I just want to make sure it's alright.

Why would it not be?

Why would it not be?

I don't know. I just wanted to confirm everything was alright for OP. Now then, LET IT BEGIN!

Lol, you're one of THOSE GUYS. I bet you were a blast growing up. Bet you heard tattle tale a whole bunch too. Maybe a few brown nosers in there as well?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Lol, you're one of THOSE GUYS. I bet you were a blast growing up. Bet you heard tattle tale a whole bunch too. Maybe a few brown nosers in there as well?

Now, now children, play nicely.

Also, Will they talk about iphone 6 or what are the current speculations?

Doesn't make sense for a new iPhone as the 5S/5C combo was announced last September, have iPhones ever been announced at WWDC? I believe they have their own event these days. 

People are speculating new hardware so I would think retina macbook air (would LOVE for this to happen) or maybe even new Mac Mini's or even iWatch? Obviously there will be the "250 New Features in OSX 10.10", of which you will only every use 2 or 3 of. I'm hoping for something interesting with iOS 8 (please no healthbook, that's garbage).

Not too likely but it has been speculated before that they will this year.. Let's just see it.

we always had these :P

Not too likely but it has been speculated before that they will this year.. Let's just see it.

after the WWDC is over could you post a brief (very brief) summary in the first post ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

after the WWDC is over could you post a brief (very brief) summary  in the first post ?

Yes ok will do.

My wishlist:

• Retina Macbook air
  • Cheaper iMac
  • Updated Mac mini (god i need that)

Also i am following the verge live: http://live.theverge.com/apple-wwdc-2014-live-blog/ They take pretty cool pictures.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

My wishlist:

• Retina Macbook air
  • Cheaper iMac
  • Updated Mac mini (god i need that)
Also i am following the verge live: http://live.theverge.com/apple-wwdc-2014-live-blog/ They take pretty cool pictures.
i want a cheaper ~400$ mini but i know that wont happen :c

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

[LIVE UPDATE]

K so here we go it will start in 8 mins and they've now started streaming.

[LIVE UPDATE] K so here we go it will start in 8 mins and they've now started streaming.

F*ck not on windows :(

Luckely i have an ipad :)

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

C'mon iWatch!!!

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Anyone who is online here, feel free to just comment as we go. I'd love to hear your opinions.

I like the music!

Yeah me too!

[LIVE UPDATE]

Currently showing a vid about how apps change peoples lives for the better. And also about the developers who are influential and important.

[LIVE UPDATE]

Welcome to San Fran guys.

Tim Cook: thanks to developers and Apple in general

25th WWDC

I going to not post all that statistics stuff at the beginning...

[LIVE UPDATE]

OS X Mavericks adoption 51% of all macs

14% of all Windows machines running Windows 8 (cuz he likes to troll them like that).

[LIVE UPDATE]

Next OS TEN looks like iOS 7 with flat UI.

Yosemite looks nice remind me of a chromebook...

Ok wow my stream is lagging thanks china

[LIVE UPDATE] - Yosemite

UI is mostly translucent like iOS 7

Notification center is the exact same as in iOS

Spotlight looks like Alfred only better.

[LIVE UPDATE]

iCloud Drive...wow such naming

Is there a stream I can watch or what?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

[LIVE UPDATE]

Finally we can use iCloud freely. Thank you including Windows support.

Is there a stream I can watch or what?

Apple.com then click on their link there