Apple WWDC Keynote Live-Ticker (& Summary of what they actually announce)

Is there a stream I can watch or what?

Yes but Apple limited it to iOS, OS X and Safari, I'm watching it on my iPhone for example.

Apple now advertises something like Aero as something new? 

144Hz goodness

[LIVE UPDATE]

Maildrive in Mail does away with stupid attachment limits by sending them over icloud.

Also, we can now just draw on the mail like that using Markup

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Yes but Apple limited it to iOS, OS X and Safari, I'm watching it on my iPhone for example.

That's the dumbest thing I have ever seen from Apple.

You know what, I'll pass.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Damnit, just when I'm about to switch over to Windows they go and make Safari even better than it already is.  I really wish other browsers were on par with Safari. 

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

[LIVE UPDATE]

UI and feature refresh in Safari.

Also doing away as much as possible with Adobe Flash. yay

[LIVE UPDATE]

Markup recognizing annotations that you draw and makes them perfect looking.

[LIVE UPDATE]

Terrible Geek Joke: I hope the rope is multithreaded.

[LIVE UPDATE]

Introducing continuity which will basically enable you to do more between devices.

Airdrop between mac and iOS!

Pick up where you left off working on another device, likely in home network.

Instant hotspot without having to enable it

SMS on Mac

[LIVE UPDATE]

Phone calls on Mac through your iPhone!

Just call from your Mac...

[LIVE UPDATE]

Dr. dre is now an Apple Employee

[LIVE UPDATE]

Yosemite will be released in the fall and it will again be free.

Public beta will be available for the first time during this year.

[LIVE UPDATE]

Moving on to iOS.

Talking about people buying android phones by mistake lol.

Install base 89% is now iOS 7. Only nine percent for Kitkat.

[LIVE UPDATE]

New iOS 8:

New interactive notifications

New Safari view on iPad

Email becoming more multitasking on iOS

Multitasking view now has contacts built into it

[LIVE UPDATE]

Spotlight becomes smarter as well.

Keyboard will be basically the same as the chinese pinyin input it will give you suggestions about what you're trying to type

Continuity as well

Group convos can be modified easily and you can have notifications per convo. You can also share locations on there. Lastly you can basically send short voicemails and video logs via an easy button.

[LIVE UPDATE]

Improvement on all the enterprise relevant features

Healthbook, sorry...Kit aka Health:

Bringing together all heath info from apps

Even check with the healthcare system network and notify the hospital

Family sharing for sharing location, purchases, media, other...

iCloud will now keep all your photos and will let you have more photos on a device than that device can hold. They also added smart search functions and editing options on the devices. Changes in images will also appear on all devices.

Lastly, photos will come to mac as well early next year

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Well only software i guess... hoped for some hardware as well...

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

[LIVE UPDATE]

Siri now has hands free recognition so that you don't need to home button. New dictation as well as Shazam integration. Additionally, there are some new features for China.

New App Store features:

Trending searches and tags

Faster searches

Related searches

Editors choice apps

App bundles are now available so developers can bundle apps for discount prices

App preview (developers can make short videos to promote apps)

Test Flight (developers can invite users to test beta apps for them for free)

All available in fall

Well only software i guess... hoped for some hardware as well...

Yeah me too but it looks like nothin is happening there.

[LIVE UPDATE]

Developer API is being updated now to make inter app interaction better. Sandboxes are being opened up somewhat in a safe way. Document providers other than iCloud

Widgets for notification center

[LIVE UPDATE]

3rd party keyboards

So pretty much these "new" features are ones Android has had for a while now? Heck some that even Blackberry had before too.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

So pretty much these "new" features are ones Android has had for a while now? Heck some that even Blackberry had before too.

Except without the bugs and slowness. I used both a Note II and a Nexus 10 before I got a 5S and iPad Air. There is no comparison. 

[LIVE UPDATE]

A bunch of new APIs:

Notably: The Metal API. A new Apple graphics API for the A7 SoC. Increases performance for some tasks by up to 10 times!!!

Also compute performance from GPU is coming to the mobile

I'm really interested in the new graphics things.

This included scenekit and sprite kit for iOS to make casual games.

A new programming language from Apple: Swift and it absolutely rules.

[LIVE UPDATE]

That visual aided programming is truly amazing O.o

[LIVE UPDATE]

IOS 8 will be available in fall and will kill off the iPhone 4.

[LIVE UPDATE]

So there it ends... No hardware announcements sadly. Well that was disappointing...

At least the software side of things is looking good. I will write up a summary tomorrow as it is three AM here.

Good night guys

Yes but Apple's execution is excellent and is actually useful. I can see myself using these features more than if it is already on Android.

Except without the bugs and slowness. I used both a Note II and a Nexus 10 before I got a 5S and iPad Air. There is no comparison. 

And I have used a phone with a single core 600 MHZ processor running CyanogenMod. It is smoother than iPhone 4 on iOS 7.

It's all about software. Samsung is notorious for its bloatware. You can't blame it on Android.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I am going to sign up for the public trial for OS X Yosemite. It will be amazing...

Yes but Apple

This pretty much sums up the attitude of entire Apple fandom.

And I have used a phone with a single core 600 MHZ processor running CyanogenMod. It is smoother than iPhone 4 on iOS 7.

It's all about software. Samsung is notorious for its bloatware. You can't blame it on Android.

Yeah but the iPhone is outdated now and as technology and software move on, it becomes more demanding. With the release of iOS 8, you (may) have saw that they bundled a TON of new features and the iPhone 4 simply can't keep up. Bear in mind the iPhone 4 is 4 years old. Does Android support 4 year old phones? No.

This pretty much sums up the attitude of entire Apple fandom.

Or you are clearly a hater. I can tell because you call me a fanboy. I have a HTC One, a custom build Windows PC. The only Apple product I have is an iPad. And the fact that you have made negative commments in this thread indicate that you are indeed a hater.

Also, I watched the entire keynote on my PC. There's a way to do it, simply with VLC Media Player.

Yeah but the iPhone is outdated now and as technology and software move on, it becomes more demanding. With the release of iOS 8, you (may) have saw that they bundled a TON of new features and the iPhone 4 simply can't keep up. Bear in mind the iPhone 4 is 4 years old. Does Android support 4 year old phones? No. 

The phone I was referring to was also 4 years old.

Or you are clearly a hater.

"Hater" is a word only used by people that has no counter-argument and/or do not even care to try to understand an opposing opinion.

The phone I was referring to was also 4 years old.

"Hater" is a word only used by people that has no counter-argument and/or do not even care to try to understand an opposing opinion.

You do not have a counter-argument as I've already said - does Google provide software updates to 4 year old phones? No. Yes you can install your own ROM on it, but we're talking about official stuff here. Do ROMs give the functionality of the latest Android version btw?

I've run many roms on both the Note II and Nexus 10. Many that were stock Android in various incarnations including MIUI and Cyanogenmod. None comes close to the 5S or iPad Air in terms of quickness. Especially the Nexus 10, that tablet was particularly terrible. 

they had a spimple look ( like xp ) now they're going for transparency ( like windows 7 ).
sooo... the next thing from mac will be windows 8 like?

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

they had a spimple look ( like xp ) now they're going for transparency ( like windows 7 ).

sooo... the next thing from mac will be windows 8 like?

They're flattening it. I kept feeling like Tom Friedman was about to pop out from behind the curtain and plug his book.

All jokes aside, I think it looks gorgeous. They added so much advanced functionality that Windows just does not have.

I'm so excited about Swift. I'm considering signing up for a dev license just so I can play with it. 

Also, with the introduction of third party keyboards and app interaction, I'd say that iOS is at least up to par with Android by fandroid standards and on top of that the amount of sheer technological innovation here cannot be staved off. When Google modernizes Android, builds several new SDKs, writes an entirely new programming language for their systems, and brings actual technological innovations to the table, I'll buy Android.

Until then, I'm about to go insane over anticipation of all the possibilities of iOS 8 and Yosemite working together with Swift that I'm about to explode. Lemme go download those dev previews and I'll be back to talk about them.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

They're flattening it. I kept feeling like Tom Friedman was about to pop out from behind the curtain and plug his book.

All jokes aside, I think it looks gorgeous. They added so much advanced functionality that Windows just does not have.

I'm so excited about Swift. I'm considering signing up for a dev license just so I can play with it. 

Also, with the introduction of third party keyboards and app interaction, I'd say that iOS is at least up to par with Android by fandroid standards and on top of that the amount of sheer technological innovation here cannot be staved off. When Google modernizes Android, builds several new SDKs, writes an entirely new programming language for their systems, and brings actual technological innovations to the table, I'll buy Android.

Until then, I'm about to go insane over anticipation of all the possibilities of iOS 8 and Yosemite working together with Swift that I'm about to explode. Lemme go download those dev previews and I'll be back to talk about them.

I think it looks good as well, i am realy glad they finaly added a dark mode! I just see some similarities to windows in the change in style they are going trough

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

Mac os x 10.10? Isnt that just 10.1? Which is puma..

Wat?

Apple made a joke about exactly that in the Keynote.

I guess they just don't want to give up the number 10. Maybe the next release will be 10.11