Post Your 3D Models/Creations Here!

F467tSl.png#definately not a tutorial

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

F467tSl.png#definately not a tutorial

Yes, definitely.

Looks similar to what I got with that tutorial. Mine was more cyan though.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

In blender cycles engine I'm trying to make a material for a sci-fi pyramid to look something like this:

stock-photo-science-fiction-scenery-with

So I want the pyramid walls to be a certain color and type of material (like rock) which I was able to do but then I want to have the little windows with light (emission shader perhaps) but these would would show light emission in the windows ant not in the walls. My problem is that I can't get this done and I don't know how to do it, and googgling didn't help me ( I have no idea how to Google it perhaps, previous Google attempts failed) if someone could help me trough this I'd be appreciated.

Best regards and many thanks. Hyperimus

If the light doesn't bounce around look into global illumination or lighting/rendering techniques. Haven't used blender, but it might as little as making bounce control higher. Some photo realistic renderers automatically enable as ray bounces as possible.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

@Hyperimus

You are using a texture which is gray(wall) with white(windows) squares on it?

You could say that, the "closet" thing I tried was this(see below) but as you can see the dark blue part of the pyramid that should have "windows" in with blue light ( same light that shows in the stairs, the top and the 2 divisions) but nothing appears.

(By the way what do you guys personally thing of the stairs it should be a sci-fi ish pyramid of hundreds and hundreds of meters but the stairs make it look retarded but without them I'd have to find another way for people to enter it (which it's not a problem if the stairs indeed look retarded.)

tWHsiQH.jpg

Nope. e.o I haven't done any texturing in a big while but thought this would work. I'm going to look for a texturing tutorial again and see if I can fix it myself. 

@Hyperimus

You have to unwrap it and plug the texture into the fac input of the mix shader.

Connecting the texture with the fac input will only work properly if the wall is represented by black and the windows by white or vice versa.

I want to learn how to create water / flowing water so I can try and make a really nice environment for a background, however I cannot figure out how to create water animation / fluid dynamics in blender. All the tutorials are really hard to follow.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

I want to learn how to create water / flowing water so I can try and make a really nice environment for a background, however I cannot figure out how to create water animation / fluid dynamics in blender. All the tutorials are really hard to follow.

I would recommend getting basics before going on to a full environment. You can get a lot of tutorials online either torrent or just free

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

@CookiezFort

-Place a big cube into a small cube

-Select the big cube

-Go to the physics tab set it as fluid and domain

-Select the small cube set it as fluid and inflow

-Select the big cube and press bake in the physics tab

-When the baking process is finished press the play button.

@CookiezFort

-Place a big cube into a small cube

-Select the big cube

-Go to the physics tab set it as fluid and domain

-Select the small cube set it as fluid and inflow

-Select the big cube and press bake in the physics tab

-When the baking process is finished press the play button.

I will try that, thanks :)

My PC:

Spoiler

So here we go, a porcelain mug (taken from a tutorial) with my little bit of fluid simulation for the cofee added in. Not very high resolution fluid so it looks kinda bad, now to practice smoke :P

OAqzE4t.png

EDIT: How can I make the plane act as an obstacle? I set it as a fluid obstacle in the physics tab. It is set as a VOLUME obstacle, while the cup is a shell obstacle.

My PC:

Spoiler

EDIT: How can I make the plane act as an obstacle? I set it as a fluid obstacle in the physics tab. It is set as a VOLUME obstacle, while the cup is a shell obstacle.

That's how you do it but blender's fluid Sim isn't good the water always levitates above the plane or bugs through mesh. You always have to polish the simulation after baking.

http://youtu.be/toUZE4K69zs

That's how you do it but blender's fluid Sim isn't good the water always levitates above the plane or bugs through mesh. You always have to polish the simulation after baking.

What do you mean by polish it?

My PC:

Spoiler

What do you mean by polish it?

Fixing bugs by using the sculpt mode.

Edit:Actually you don't need a fluid sim for a static cup.

Fixing bugs by using the sculpt mode.

Edit:Actually you don't need a fluid sim for a static cup.

Oh ok, but i couldn't find a way that would look semi-decent for me to create water in a static cup (as I dont know how to use the sculpt mode).

I am now trying to make the cup fall into water, however water simulation on my 2007 xeon takes time and I just keep aborting it as I have to do other stuff.

My PC:

Spoiler

Oh ok, but i couldn't find a way that would look semi-decent for me to create water in a static cup (as I dont know how to use the sculpt mode).

You don't need the sculpt mode for static water.

Just select the inner mesh of the cup in edit mode, duplicate it and press p.

Now select the new object(liquid) and close the mesh on top.

After doing this scale it up until it is slightly bigger than the inner mesh of the cup.

This is something i really liked how it came out, the lemon could be less bright but I couldn't find a way to make it less bright

11043076_829441083779357_270736638147995

My PC:

Spoiler

This is something i really liked how it came out, the lemon could be less bright but I couldn't find a way to make it less bright

Exposure and Gamma

http://youtu.be/F4PO1sNbGzw

You could drop the image into Photoshop or Lightroom.

You could drop the image into Photoshop or Lightroom.

Than you have to export it as an openEXR 32bit otherwise the dynamic is limited and lightroom doesn't support openEXR

Wow. Can't believe I forgot to share this here!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/325277-3d-printing-a-headphone-hook-for-a-case/

Little thing I made in Investor ;)

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.