Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CookiezFort

Member
  • Content Count

    790
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Awards


About CookiezFort

  • Title
    Planes

Contact Methods

  • Steam
    CookiezFort

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Interests
    I fly engineless planes
  • Occupation
    Uni student

System

  • CPU
    Intel I5 4690K @ 3.5GHz no boost
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z97 PC MATE
  • RAM
    8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz
  • GPU
    nVidia 1050ti
  • Case
    NZXT S340
  • Storage
    1x WD Caviar Blue 1TB, 1x WD Scorpio Blue, 1x Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA 500B
  • Display(s)
    BenQ GL2250hm 1080p 60hz monitor
  • Cooling
    BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    perixx 1000
  • Mouse
    Logitech g402
  • Sound
    Superlux HD681 (non evo) w/ modmic 4
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit

Recent Profile Visitors

944 profile views
  1. Fair enough, thanks. Guess i'll do some more saving up and hold out till December
  2. Fair enough then. So for a first upgrade, since I forgot to mention I've got like a max of £430, what would make most sense to go for? new CPU setup, or get a new GPU?
  3. If I go for a B450 then I lose the potential upgradeability that I would've from X570 no? I guess if I do go for B450 i could then upgrade my PSU aswell
  4. Current rig: i5-4690K (Stock speeds, could overclock, but then I'm not sure the PSU would like it, what are your recommendations?) MSI-Z97 PC MATE (potentially faulty, where gpu's with external power requirements don't work on the 16x gen 3 pcie slot) 8 GB of ram (Corsair LP 1600MHz) EVGA 500B GTX 1050ti There is lack in performance, especially with new titles, and also I play a fair amount of ARMA 3 so getting some more fps there would be nice. If I'd go for a CPU upgrade i'll most likely get this combo, mainly since the X570 will allow for some future proofing PCPartPicker Part List CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£188.97 @ CCL Computers) Motherboard: *MSI X570-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard (£163.97 @ Box Limited) Memory: *Kingston HyperX Predator 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£84.27 @ Amazon UK) Total: £437.21 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available *Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-19 00:35 BST+0100 For GPU potentially an RTX 2060 Super or a 2070, haven't read up on how AMD gpu's are holding up so recommendations on that side aswell would be nice
  5. Yeap, its running a single 8GB stick, guess when I have the chance i'll put another stick of ram in there.
  6. I've already done that, you can see that it wasn't boosting on uprof aswell.
  7. 720p low and 1080low yield similar results. I actuall took a picture from HWMonitor to check the cpu frequency when gaming, it just sits at 1.4GhZ and like 50 degrees C. https://imgur.com/XljGUsn https://imgur.com/XljGUsn
  8. https://imgur.com/a/sLJagNV Those 2 pics should have everything. 15 mins of playing csgo with bots.
  9. I've senta print screen of the uprof graphs. Max temperature achieved was 74 degrees.
  10. I've installed the drivers aswell. CPU was running at 3.4 GhZ or w/e its boost clock is, and the vega 8 igpu was at its 1201MhZ speed aswell, and at or around 100% utilization.
  11. Just want to play Fifa and CSGO on my laptop, In fifa at 720p I get 30 fps with all the settings on low (mind you this is fifa 18 not even fifa 19) and any benchmarks i've seen it has performed better. In CSGO i get between 20 and 30 fps at 1080p and also at 1024x768. The laptop is plugged in and its set to maximum performance. EDIT: Forgot to mention I have installed the drivers
  12. Specs: MOBO: Z97 PC MATE CPU: 4690K, stock speeds, with a Dark Rock 3 cooler RAM: 8GB, 1600MHz, CL9 (Corsair Vengeance LP, its that model but in blue, not that it matters) DDR3. GPU: 1050ti as my r9 280 went kaput about a year ago Is getting another 2x4GB sticks worth it to have 16gb of ram or is there little point to the upgrade? If I can save up money the next upgrade after would be a better GPU and a PSU to go with it (2060 or better), hoping that with an OC the CPU will last another couple of years without being a massive bottleneck. The other thing i'm worried about is that the Mobo may be damaged, since any gpu i've tried on the top slot that requires external power doesn't seem to work (i.e a 7770 I had borrowed from a friend, yet it worked on the other 16x 2.0 slot). In that case, would it be worth saving up as much money as possible to upgrade to a newer CPU, RAM and Mobo at once (and keeping 8GB of RAM most likely), and then going for 16gb of ram when possible and then a gpu? Sry if this is the wrong part of the forum.
×